PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Democracy! November 23rd

bigbenjokazooie
23-Oct-08, 18:40
hey,

title track from the up and coming album!
bout fecking time!!!

http://www.imeem.com/gunsnroses/music/ZDPzX2B2/guns_n_roses_chinese_democracy/

Gizmo
23-Oct-08, 19:33
Will believe it when i see it, not that i really care about Axl's cover band anymore, but saying that, the title track single is actually alright, i've heard most of the leaked tracks and they are ok, nothing to wet your pants over though.

loganbiffy
23-Oct-08, 21:20
I remember being at the Leeds festival in 2002 seeing great bands like NOFX, The Offspring, Incubus and so on.
The headlining band that night was G n' R and that douche Axl Rose was an hour and a half late, I did not stay to watch them but heard him moaning over the mic that Chinese Democracy was to be released in 2003!

He is a douche and has lived off the G n' R name for years without actually doing anything worthwhile.
I really do think Chinese Democracy will flop.

moncur
23-Oct-08, 21:39
was driving down the street after work today and heard the new single. Although its not really Guns n Roses its still a damn good track! I just think its funny that Dr Pepper now have to give a can away to every US citizen!

bigbenjokazooie
23-Oct-08, 22:13
was driving down the street after work today and heard the new single. Although its not really Guns n Roses its still a damn good track! I just think its funny that Dr Pepper now have to give a can away to every US citizen!

haha i do mind readin that right enough!
pity it wasnt the world!

now THAT would be something!

Metalattakk
24-Oct-08, 03:52
hey,

title track from the up and coming album!
bout fecking time!!!

http://www.imeem.com/gunsnroses/music/ZDPzX2B2/guns_n_roses_chinese_democracy/

Really couldn't give a damn.

G 'n' R did one and a half good albums, fell for the media hype and spontaneously combusted. The talented members moved on, and created more music. The rest have ponced about for years and years, producing nothing worthwhile at all.

Please tell me why I should be interested in this latest attempt at fleecing honest music fans? Don't fall for the hype, dudes.

Blast!
24-Oct-08, 13:52
Really couldn't give a damn.

G 'n' R did one and a half good albums, fell for the media hype and spontaneously combusted. The talented members moved on, and created more music. The rest have ponced about for years and years, producing nothing worthwhile at all.

Please tell me why I should be interested in this latest attempt at fleecing honest music fans? Don't fall for the hype, dudes.

One and a half good albums? You're kidding right?

Lucky if there's half a good album in there! ;)

Gizmo
24-Oct-08, 14:18
One and a half good albums? You're kidding right?

Lucky if there's half a good album in there! ;)

Now that's just silly, Appetite For Destruction IS a classic without a single filler, the other albums are just a bit...well...a bit blah!, i can't listen to the Illusion albums now, pretentious pompus guff (with the odd exception) from a singer (and i use the term loosly) with a god complex.

bigbenjokazooie
20-Nov-08, 23:33
Full album now up at their myspace...

friggin awesome album!!

www.myspace.com/gunsnroses (http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses)

enjoy!!

Gizmo
22-Nov-08, 00:39
I'm actually quite surprised about how good it actually is, this is NOT a GnR album though, it's purely an Axl Rose solo album, it's a brave album for him to put out, but i have always liked this 'industrial lite' type of sound, it takes a few listens to really appreciate but it's certainly a lot better than i expected.

youoldduffer
22-Nov-08, 02:12
Well just finished giving it a listen and not impressed sadley, I had thought maybe he would return to singing like he did in Appetite and not like the rest of the crap they did after but no his voice just grates on me.

Dammit i thought i would like it too as i did like the title track:(

loganbiffy
22-Nov-08, 03:02
Axl Rose is and always has been a douche.
I was never really a fan of G n R anyway but his attempt to pass off his new stuff as G n R is just laughable!
I had the chance to see "G n R" in 2002 at the Leeds festival and I'm glad i did not stick around for it, he was over an hour late on stage and he sounded god awful (I heard it from my tent)

I can't believe it has taken him this long to release another album, and from what I have heard, it certainly anywhere near worth the wait.

You have to question someone who takes this long to release an album, seriously.

K dragon
22-Nov-08, 11:19
just listened to the album on the space, its terrible!

i never was a massive fan of gnr but this is pure kak. and his voice is either doubled on every track or sounds so annoying.

shacklers revenge is a cool and harsh rock tune but the vocals spoil it, as with most tracks.

ditch the pompous self absored demi god that mr rose thinks he is and you have a pretty decent rock album.

hotrod4
23-Nov-08, 12:23
I think "better" is one of the few songs that I can get into so far. Still early days yet,but must admit dont like Axl's deep growl as opposed to the shreiking that we know him for.
So far not overly impressed.

buddyrich
24-Nov-08, 01:24
It'll surely sell by the ton and be a huge success. One thing noone has mentioned is the constant lead guitar on some songs which is annoying and distracts from the vocal. Even so, an enormous, super-slick, one-dimensional, over-produced rock monstrosity isnt't a bad thing every once on a while. I loved both the Illusion records so i'll take a punt on 'er.

The Pepsi Challenge
24-Nov-08, 06:57
Prefer Tracii Guns masel, likes.

buddyrich
24-Nov-08, 13:42
Spoke too soon. There's a couple of good songs but the rest is not that great. The doubling on his voice isnt that offensive compared to the fact that it's drowning in autotune in some places.

It seems to be on everything these days. Instead of using it as a transparent correction tool in the same way one should use a compressor, it seems to be whacked on any vocal as an effect. Kind of like the way people use compressors!

Gizmo
24-Nov-08, 14:30
Prefer Tracii Guns masel, likes.

Traci Guns?...hold on til i change my pants, i just wet myself laughing :lol: Traci Guns??...L.A Guns were probably the worst example of sleazy 80's sunset strip rock, 'Sex Action' is one of the worst songs i have ever heard, back in the day ole Zappster kept championing their debut but i thought it was utter tripe, on one of our pilgrimages to The Edinburger Playhouse for a large doze of rawk n roll he kept trying to convince me of their greatness but i was having none of it, a truly terrible band who should have never been let near a recording studio:eek:

The Pepsi Challenge
24-Nov-08, 16:00
This is getting scary now. I mean, when is the Best Backpatch competition? Answers on a badly drawn fourth-year high school maths jotter, please; and hurry, or every member of Ratt dies. Again.

buddyrich
24-Nov-08, 16:04
Maths jotters were the best for band logos.

I often attempted the metallica logo from master of puppets but i kept making a mess of the A at the end.

Mr Jack didnt appreciate heavy metal. I asked him if he was into Level 42 and he seemed entirely bemused.

Gizmo
24-Nov-08, 16:32
This is getting scary now. I mean, when is the Best Backpatch competition? Answers on a badly drawn fourth-year high school maths jotter, please; and hurry, or every member of Ratt dies. Again.

Behind the bike sheds at 4pm, i had a full back 'Number Of The Beast' patch surrounded by smaller Ac/Dc. Motorhead, Saxon, Judas Priest, Sex Pistols and The Exploited ones, i loved that jacket, but then some git in my primary school class called Roy Robertson stole it, it was recovered months later but was missing most of the patches and ruined, if i ever run into that git again he's getting his lights put out :lol:

Backpatch Top Trumps....i like it :)

The Pepsi Challenge
24-Nov-08, 16:37
I'll admit wearing 'backies' to Helloween, Dangerous Toys (just say it), and Gamma Ray. But that's your lot. Oh, OK, I wore Def Leppard's Worship Our Masters Every Need one, too. :(

Gizmo
24-Nov-08, 16:40
I'll admit wearing 'backies' to Helloween, Dangerous Toys (just say it), and Gamma Ray. But that's your lot. Oh, OK, I wore Def Leppard's Worship Our Masters Every Need one, too. :(

Nowt wrong with any of that lot Pepsi, you seem rather embarrased by it all?...shame on you :lol:

The Pepsi Challenge
24-Nov-08, 16:49
Not exactly embarrassed, Gizmo, it's just I've grown, musically, and rarely, if ever, listen to music I did as a fourteen-year-old. Still, I won't hear a bad word said against Dangerous Toys. Now there was the true Ibanez sound at play.

Gizmo
24-Nov-08, 17:03
Not exactly embarrassed, Gizmo, it's just I've grown, musically, and rarely, if ever, listen to music I did as a fourteen-year-old. Still, I won't hear a bad word said against Dangerous Toys. Now there was the true Ibanez sound at play.

We all grow musically as we get older, but that does not mean you should shun the music you listened to as a teenager, it's still good music all these years later, i keep at the forefront of music these days and enjoy music from many genres, but i would never dismiss the music i loved as a kid, i'm a rock/metal fan first and foremost, and what i listened to 25/28 years ago is still important to me, regardless if some of it might be rather cheesy by todays standards, what you are saying sounds a bit like musical snobbery and saddens me a little.
You should dig out those old albums, you might be surprised :)

Gizmo
24-Nov-08, 17:07
I won't hear a bad word said against Dangerous Toys. Now there was the true Ibanez sound at play.

Excellent band, in fact i'm gonna play the first two albums right now, not at the same time of course :lol:, good call Pepsi :)

youoldduffer
25-Nov-08, 01:20
I remember wearing he half-cut denim over my leather jacket with patches of iron maiden number of the beast and lots of smaller one like saxon, Ac/dc etc[lol].
I then painted the back of a new leather with The Crue's Doctor Feelgood still got that somewhere

hotrod4
25-Nov-08, 07:04
Spoke too soon. There's a couple of good songs but the rest is not that great. The doubling on his voice isnt that offensive compared to the fact that it's drowning in autotune in some places.

It seems to be on everything these days. Instead of using it as a transparent correction tool in the same way one should use a compressor, it seems to be whacked on any vocal as an effect. Kind of like the way people use compressors!
Certainly looks like Axl has found Antares Autotune!!!. I use it myslef to correct the odd "Vocal brain fart" but if you mess about with it, it can become over produced and so obviously fake. Tey also have a choir and throat effect which I havent found any use for!!!!!

G n f n R are not the same as when Slash etc were in it, but I suppose we have to move on with the times,but still not overly impressed with it, but it may be a grower.

A9RUNNER
05-Dec-08, 03:17
I was a big GNR fan back in the 80s Live like a suicide was a fantastic ep followed on by Appetite for Destruction. However Use you illusion albums had started to go in a different direction and although I liked them they were not as good as previos stuff. I kind of hope that Axls new version of GNR is a disaster as I think he deysroyed the good way of GNR. I have heard a couple of bits of the new stuff and to be honest its ok ish at best.

zappster
05-Dec-08, 18:50
Traci Guns?...hold on til i change my pants, i just wet myself laughing :lol: Traci Guns??...L.A Guns were probably the worst example of sleazy 80's sunset strip rock, 'Sex Action' is one of the worst songs i have ever heard, back in the day ole Zappster kept championing their debut but i thought it was utter tripe, on one of our pilgrimages to The Edinburger Playhouse for a large doze of rawk n roll he kept trying to convince me of their greatness but i was having none of it, a truly terrible band who should have never been let near a recording studio:eek:
haha i remember that!!oops

The Pepsi Challenge
05-Dec-08, 18:54
Not so long ago I dug out my copy of Appetite For Destruction and listened to it through headphones (and in the dark). Can't say I was ever fully conscious of it before, but not only are Slash and Izzy's guitars pretty much panned left and right of each other, the riffing is, dare I say it, funky. Try it yourself and see what you think. If anyone can be bothered, that is.

zappster
05-Dec-08, 19:10
Not so long ago I dug out my copy of Appetite For Destruction and listened to it through headphones (and in the dark). Can't say I was ever fully conscious of it before, but not only are Slash and Izzy's guitars pretty much panned left and right of each other, the riffing is, dare I say it, funky. Try it yourself and see what you think. If anyone can be bothered, that is.
Yeah Ive been Panning appetite for years its well cool to hear some on the minimal bits that usually get lost in the overall mix!

hotrod4
06-Dec-08, 16:01
Behind the bike sheds at 4pm, i had a full back 'Number Of The Beast' patch surrounded by smaller Ac/Dc. Motorhead, Saxon, Judas Priest, Sex Pistols and The Exploited ones, i loved that jacket, but then some git in my primary school class called Roy Robertson stole it, it was recovered months later but was missing most of the patches and ruined, if i ever run into that git again he's getting his lights put out

Backpatch Top Trumps....i like it :)
I used to have a backpatch on my Harrington coat!:roll: It was "The Jam" and I also had loads of union jack badges and RAF patches too. Them were the days!
I can believe I have just admitted that ;)