PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Katona on This Morning

dragonfly
22-Oct-08, 10:39
anyone else watching this right now.............swear she is blazing drunk on the show!! :eek::eek:

WeeBurd
22-Oct-08, 10:46
anyone else watching this right now.............swear she is blazing drunk on the show!! :eek::eek:

I just flicked it over and caught the end of the interview. Yep, she's definitely on something :eek:!

Gizmo
22-Oct-08, 10:47
You beat me to it, just watching it, completely out her tree, talk about car crash television, i'm creasing myself at her as i despise this woman with every bone in my body, trying to blame it on medication as well, never knew you could be prescribed Vodka from your GP :lol:

dragonfly
22-Oct-08, 10:49
why on earth would the producers let her go on in that state!!! as you say Gizmo, car crash TV! the papers will be full of it tomorrow

Anne x
22-Oct-08, 10:51
Cringe TV switch off ----------:confused

candyfloss
22-Oct-08, 11:20
I watched it too, she def looked like she'd been on the drink :eek:
I'm sure it i'll been in all the papers tomorrow.

buggyracer
22-Oct-08, 11:25
it was painfull viewing and i dont like the girl :eek:

Blondie
22-Oct-08, 11:38
I saw her on Richard and Judy a few months back and I thought she was drunk or on something then!

Wish I'd seen it. Does anyone know if it can be viewed online?

buggyracer
22-Oct-08, 11:45
im sure it will be on youtube soon.................:)

dragonfly
22-Oct-08, 11:54
here's the link to This Mornings show (http://www.itv.com/Lifestyle/ThisMorning/Entertainment/KerryKatona123/default.html)

MadPict
22-Oct-08, 12:07
KK - "I thought you were implying I was analcoholic now..."

PS - "Oh we wouldn't imply anything at all..."

TRANSLATION:
No implication needed - you're drunk as a skunk...

Guess her new ads will be for Vodka & Iceland

the original ducky
22-Oct-08, 12:40
OMG! SHES SO DRUNK. what a shame she used to seem really nice, i feel so sorry for her family {her children} to be honest. hopefull after the interview she'll get the help that she needs.

Ash
22-Oct-08, 12:42
OMG! SHES SO DRUNK. what a shame she used to seem really nice, i feel so sorry for her family {her children} to be honest. hopefull after the interview she'll get the help that she needs.

what she said :D

the original ducky
22-Oct-08, 13:05
also would like to put the if her family love her as much as they say they do ie in the papers, mags ect then they should be putting the foot down sort of speak and telling her she needs help. for her and her kidz sake. shes tried rehab so whats the next, hopefully she gets help before something shocking happens to her or her children.
pull your socks up kerry for your children, dont think that they would like to be motherless.

ANNIE
22-Oct-08, 13:18
OMG just watched this on youtube not sure if she's drunk or out of it with medication either way what will her ex Brian think seeing this. I know if it were me I would be very nervous of what my kids were seeing at home.

Blondie
22-Oct-08, 13:23
Surely she isn't drunk? Isn't she bi-polar? Couldn't it be the medication she is on?

Shocking stuff. She certainly isn't my favourite person but I feel sorry for her. I saw her on the Jungle Celebrity show and she was a different person then.

Oh and also Brian Macfadden is a prat!

Foxy
22-Oct-08, 13:23
I saw the interview as well, what i can't understand is why they went ahead with an interview with her in that state???. I didn't find it good viewing, in fact it was sad to show her heading probably for rock bottom. I feel for her kids. :(

newpark
22-Oct-08, 13:26
Oh dear lord talk about not doing yourself any favours.

Julia
22-Oct-08, 13:31
Jeeze, that's bad, I missed the show but caught it on you tube, yes it's on there already!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3mhWhUnaibw

She can hardly string a sentence together!

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Oct-08, 14:57
Somehow I just can't see the fun in making humour about other peoples' breakdowns. But continue, if you must.

dragonfly
22-Oct-08, 15:02
hmmm not sure why you think I was making fun of her - I was shocked that she would be allowed to go onto live tv in this state - she needs help and she needs to stop wanting the fame she is so desperately craving - she is a mother of 4 and needs to start acting like a mother of 4 young impressionable children

ber219
22-Oct-08, 15:03
Now I am not fan of Kerry Katona either but after flicking through the Music channels a while ago I came across the programme about her and her family and because she is Bi-Polar she has to take a range of medication and it can seriously affect you, yes she did sound drunk on This Morning but this is a serious side affect from the medication that she is on, if anyone had seen her in her programme on MTV then you would have seen what she was like then too because of this medication, exactly the same, it makes the person lethargic, slurs the words etc

So come on, stop slagging someone off that you don't have a clue about. I feel really sorry for her in some ways and yes a lot of it is down to her choices etc but it wasn't her choice to become Bi-Polar and take this medication.

TBH
22-Oct-08, 15:05
She's a manic depressive like Gazza, she cannae help it.

Bad Manners
22-Oct-08, 15:36
I find it odd that they allowed this interview to continue it was clear she was having problems either through her medication or other influences. they would have been far better off scrapping the interview.

TBH
22-Oct-08, 15:41
I find it odd that they allowed this interview to continue it was clear she was having problems either through her medication or other influences. they would have been far better off scrapping the interview.It's trash tv, some people thrive on it along with a dose of Jeremy Kyle and tots tv.[lol]

Kevin Milkins
22-Oct-08, 15:42
I think even the spiders in the jungle would cringe if they saw that.:confused

Bazeye
22-Oct-08, 15:44
I thought she looked like she was on drugs or drink.Not a pretty site

hotrod4
22-Oct-08, 15:46
Have watched her on MTV and she is nearly always like that. The medication she takes makes it hard for her to function. I think what she actually needs is to see another doctor as she's either 1. Off her trolley or 2.On the wrong medication.
Either way someone should get a grip of her and advise her correctly, at least for the sake of her kids.

cd1977
22-Oct-08, 15:55
This vile woman/girl is the very embodiment of chav culture.

And to think young girls actually aspire to her lifestyle!

Words fail me on this cretin.

balto
22-Oct-08, 16:26
Now I am not fan of Kerry Katona either but after flicking through the Music channels a while ago I came across the programme about her and her family and because she is Bi-Polar she has to take a range of medication and it can seriously affect you, yes she did sound drunk on This Morning but this is a serious side affect from the medication that she is on, if anyone had seen her in her programme on MTV then you would have seen what she was like then too because of this medication, exactly the same, it makes the person lethargic, slurs the words etc

So come on, stop slagging someone off that you don't have a clue about. I feel really sorry for her in some ways and yes a lot of it is down to her choices etc but it wasn't her choice to become Bi-Polar and take this medication.

She's a manic depressive like Gazza, she cannae help it.
agree with you both here, she is another celeb who has suffered because of her fame, but she is ill and does not deserve to be slagged of the ay she is. i thought you goft some medical drugs that could have the effect of someone being drunk or high.

cd1977
22-Oct-08, 16:35
A bad mother and a compulsive liar.

She's in denial.

Why bother feeling sorry for her now?

She's made her bed, now she has to lie in it.

She is apparently bankrupt. She seems to be doing alright for herself despite that.

Show some sympathy for those who deserve it.

i.e. not her

dragonfly
22-Oct-08, 16:37
agree with you both here, she is another celeb who has suffered because of her fame, but she is ill and does not deserve to be slagged of the ay she is. i thought you goft some medical drugs that could have the effect of someone being drunk or high.

ok maybe it was the drugs she was on (though still don't think it was IMO) but why if you know they make you like that and if your highly priced PR man knows they make you like this, would you put yourself on every TV programme you can - she herself said about 3-4 different tv programmes that were coming up in the near future.

If truely as unwell as she claims would you not be trying to deal with your disorders instead of trailing them all over TV publicly putting yourself up for ridicule??

balto
22-Oct-08, 16:40
ok maybe it was the drugs she was on (though still don't think it was IMO) but why if you know they make you like that and if your highly priced PR man knows they make you like this, would you put yourself on every TV programme you can - she herself said about 3-4 different tv programmes that were coming up in the near future.

If truely as unwell as she claims would you not be trying to deal with your disorders instead of trailing them all over TV publicly putting yourself up for ridicule??
aye she should take a step back from the limelight, unto her illness has been brought properly under control, give herself sometime to be a normal mum.

balto
22-Oct-08, 16:41

She's in denial.

She is apparently bankrupt. She seems to be doing alright for herself despite that.

i.e. not herbut it is a mental illness she has, seems a bit harsh.

cd1977
22-Oct-08, 16:43
Mental illness my backside :roll:

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

It's never her fault is it?

Except it is, all of it.

hotrod4
22-Oct-08, 17:18

She's in denial.

i.e. not her

Why not change your word "compulsive" for compassion?
How would you feel if it was your family?

balto
22-Oct-08, 17:29

Except it is, all of it.
so what are you saying that people that have bi-polor or are manic depressive arent really ill, come on. how can it be her fault if she is mentally ill.

horse
22-Oct-08, 18:20

Except it is, all of it.
you would think you know her personaly. i'm sure you don't know all the facts. you could be completely wrong it could be her medication.

mccaugm
22-Oct-08, 18:31

Except it is, all of it.

Being BI POLAR is an illness....give the girl a break.

Venture
22-Oct-08, 18:45

Except it is, all of it.

What a fine example of a compassionate human being you are.:roll:

percy toboggan
22-Oct-08, 19:59

I'm living proof that one can both be drunk AND really nice. I know of many, many other examples. They are not mutually exclusive characteristics.
That said I thought the producers and presenters of the show were rather exploitatative of the woman. I care not one jot for the celebrity culture which Katona inhabits but I feel she appears vulnerable, a little bit easily led and a disaster waiting to happoen, if this mornings prog is anything to go by. I was listening on the radio I stress, as events unfolded. My station devoted too much time to it. I have never watched the programme on which she appeared which I think was 'Good Morning' or similar.

percy toboggan
22-Oct-08, 20:05
This 'Bi-polar 'business seems a relatively new condition as I managed to live until I was about fifty years old before I heard of it.

Leaving aside the odd geographical joke about Penguins and Polar Bears does the term relate to wide variations in mood - ie. as far apart as the two poles? I might be wide of the mark so fill me in.

dragonfly
22-Oct-08, 20:15
yes Percy, easiest way to describe it is one minute your hahahahahaha :lol: then next its boohoohoohoo :~(

mccaugm
22-Oct-08, 20:41
This 'Bi-polar 'business seems a relatively new condition as I managed to live until I was about fifty years old before I heard of it.

Leaving aside the odd geographical joke about Penguins and Polar Bears does the term relate to wide variations in mood - ie. as far apart as the two poles? I might be wide of the mark so fill me in.

Its the new modern medical term for Manic Depression. I am in deep sympathy for anyone who has this condition. In the past I worked with mentally ill patients and am horrified at the lack of empathy for people with conditions such as these. Yes, some are criminally ill but most go in and out of phases of good and bad mental health. I know Kerry Katona is not the brightest pebble on the beach but she does have mental health issues. PLEASE leave her and others with mental ill health alone. Befriend not belittle them. Its not their fault.

JoeSoap
22-Oct-08, 20:50
Sadly it really isn't a new condition but you might know it better as 'manic depression'.

I have to say (and this isn't aimed at you Percy) I really find it sad to find so many people who still have such a negative opinion of mental health issues. Mental health charities have spent millions trying to change outdated attitudes to mental illness – clearly they've got a way to go yet. If you knew anybody suffering from bi-polar disorder (or any other mental illness) you might not dismiss it so lightly.

The drug that Kerry Katona said she is taking (Chlorpromazine) is a drug to treat the manic phase of bi-polar disorder. Sluggishness, such as she exhibited on This Morning, is a common side effect of that drug. Given that she has bi-polar and will be medicated for it I see no reason to doubt the reasons she has given for her demeanour or to judge her negatively for it.

I do question the motives of the production team for This Morning. Surely somebody on staff spoke to her before she went on air? I can only imagine that they allowed the segment to go ahead because it was felt it would make good television. As for the haranguing she received from Phillip and Fern (particularly Phillip); there's really no excuse.

I'm also ashamed (once again) of this country's media who have been so quick to pounce on this vulnerable woman's behaviour. There seems to be far more focus on the suggestion of alcoholism than there is on her mental wellbeing.

I'm also ashamed of us – the public – for lapping it all up in a frenzy. Shame on us all! :(

percy toboggan
22-Oct-08, 20:50
I'm a layman, pure and simple.
I have no doubt some sufferers have a serious disease in their heads but just as many are swinging the lead.
How much of this condition is found in undeveloped countries, or places where life is harder?

I think too many are indulged, and a whole industry has sprung up to deal with them.
I started by saying there ARE genuine cases. As someone who has only ever been a bit fed up it's hard to appreciate the depth of true depression. Katona seemed to have it all at one point, perhaps that is the problem. Difficulties relating to her childhood I'd wager as they often explain such a lot in a troubled mind.

I'll give you the benefit of my laymans doubt here McCaugm because you appear sincere, and know better than I the rigours of depression. We cannot afford an epidemic of depression though and the lead swingers need weeding out.

percy toboggan
22-Oct-08, 20:55

...I have to say (and this isn't aimed at you Percy)...

....I'm also ashamed of us – the public – for lapping it all up in a frenzy. Shame on us all! :(

I absorbed your stern reproach Joe and appreciate you in absolving me from its aim.

The item certainly HAD NO PLACE on the main BBC 6 o'clock news - whosoever was responsible for its inclusion should be sacked.
Katona - bi-polar or otherwise is not of national importance.

Boozeburglar
22-Oct-08, 21:23
Somehow I just can't see the fun in making humour about other peoples' breakdowns. But continue, if you must.

Could not agree more.

balto
22-Oct-08, 21:26
couldnt agree more with you , this poor woman has suffered enough at the hands of the press for long enough another victim of how fame can be someones downfall, everyone should leave her alone, my god would be writing about it if it was someone that we all knew personnaly.

percy toboggan
22-Oct-08, 21:35
couldnt agree more with you , this poor woman has suffered enough at the hands of the press for long enough another victim of how fame can be someones downfall, everyone should leave her alone, my god would be writing about it if it was someone that we all knew personnaly.

Doubtful we'd 'all know her' in which case though you're right...though some would just be talking about her behind her back....it's called 'human nature'

She's a 'celebrity' she's sold her soul to the tabloids and trash mags.She's fair game and even those surrounding her are exploiting the woman.
I'll shed no tears for her lack of privacy...live by the sword etc. etc.

balto
22-Oct-08, 21:37
Doubtful we'd 'all know her' in which case though you're right...though some would just be talking about her behind her back....it's called 'human nature'

She's a 'celebrity' she's sold her soul to the tabloids and trash mags.She's fair game and even those surrounding her are exploiting the woman.
I'll shed no tears for her lack of privacy...live by the sword etc. etc.
no what i ment was, if it was someone say from thurso would we be speaking about her like this or is it just because she is a celeb.

Fantoosh
22-Oct-08, 21:54
I felt so bad for her when Philip started saying what he was sayin, was pretty sad actually. If i was her i would have up and left, wasnt fair one bit. Just as she started feeling great about herself, someone had to bring her down again. You could tell how happy she was about her new look/body, it was lovely to see how confident and proud she was. She knew fine well that there would be a big carry on as soon as philip started. Bet she was in tears after the show. I think even if she was drunk they should have said something in private rather in front of thousands of viewers. I really doubt if she was drunk they would have allowed her on tv anyway.

percy toboggan
22-Oct-08, 22:05
The clip I heard on the radio Schofield was telling her 'you've got your body right' or similar words...
..now, to me that's an impertinence. Who is he to make such an observation on national telly anyway? I'm afraid though that this seems to represent the high watermark in daytime telly. What a society we have become where ones body is appraised on T.V. and ones mental shortcomings exposed on the 6 o'clock news.

If you're at home in the daytime might I suggest Radio 4, or if you like chit-chat 5 live.

purplelady
22-Oct-08, 23:15
I agree if she is mentally ill it is sad but we all know that in the past she has had had drink and drug problems so cannot blame poeple for thinking that. And too thought she was banmkrupt but managed to spend something £15.000 on cosmetic surgery please some tell me how she manged that

TBH
22-Oct-08, 23:19
I'm living proof that one can both be drunk AND really nice. I know of many, many other examples. They are not mutually exclusive characteristics.
That said I thought the producers and presenters of the show were rather exploitatative of the woman. I care not one jot for the celebrity culture which Katona inhabits but I feel she appears vulnerable, a little bit easily led and a disaster waiting to happoen, if this mornings prog is anything to go by. I was listening on the radio I stress, as events unfolded. My station devoted too much time to it. I have never watched the programme on which she appeared which I think was 'Good Morning' or similar.She is definitely being exploited, the tv company head honchos should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of someone in her state of mind.

Leaving aside the odd geographical joke about Penguins and Polar Bears does the term relate to wide variations in mood - ie. as far apart as the two poles? I might be wide of the mark so fill me in.I think the term you are looking for is manic depressive. Then it became a dirty two word phrase.

squidge
22-Oct-08, 23:45
It made me cringe to watch it -I had to turn it over. I hate it when television seems to find gratification in the misery of others - which is pretty much all the time - especially on morning ITV programmes. I usually get all my "stuff" done then sit down for a cupof tea and start to flick the channels. The worst is Jeremy Kyle - It stupefies me with its appallingness - Im not sure if that is a word but its so TERRIBLE that if i catch it on I cant BELIEVE my eyes!!!!! How they get away with showing some of the stuff they show at that time in the morning I have no idea. The people they have on appear to be so lost in their own misery and degredation they think its a GOOD thing to be paraded on television for all to see and as for Jeremy Kyle himself - he is just dreadful. Its like an old circus freak show and it makes me feel vaguely unclean to watch it

I always end up turning it off and then muttering about it for the rest of the day. Its the most awful programme there is

Anne x
22-Oct-08, 23:50
The clip I heard on the radio Schofield was telling her 'you've got your body right' or similar words...
..now, to me that's an impertinence. Who is he to make such an observation on national telly anyway? I'm afraid though that this seems to represent the high watermark in daytime telly. What a society we have become where ones body is appraised on T.V. and ones mental shortcomings exposed on the 6 o'clock news.

If you're at home in the daytime might I suggest Radio 4, or if you like chit-chat 5 live.

We all have a Button -click -It is called switch off !!! either Radio or TV
I did within 2 mins of the Interview starting
Impertinence from Schofield Never!! a man that lived in a broom cupboard with a Gordon the Gofor to build his career up a man on High wages what Never !!! who would believe it
the Saddest Part of this is tmr or the next day it will be some other REALITY !!! person getting the treatment

As for personalities!!!! this week we have had Paul O grady , Michael Parkinson , Roger Moore ,Dawn French Jonathan Ross and whoever promoting there next book Now Cds dinna start or we will end up with the golden Irish Crooner DOD

Click Off

Venture
23-Oct-08, 00:12
Sadly the press are having a field day with what happened. She has to be pitied rather than criticised. GMTV should be ashamed of themselves for allowing her appearance to go ahead in that condition. They must have been fully aware of it beforehand. Whether you like her or not, she dosen't deserve to be treated like that or taken advantage of for the sake of entertainment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1079666/VIDEO-Kerrys-control-lifes-mess-say-friends--backlash-erupts-Katonas-TV-meltdown.html

Fran
23-Oct-08, 02:38
[quote=JoeSoap;448699]Sadly it really isn't a new. If you knew anybody illness) you might not dismiss it so lightly.
to doubt the motives of the production team for This Morning. Surelyon. As for the haranguing she received from Phillip and Fern (particularly I'm also ashamed (once again) of this country's media who have been so quick to pounce on this vulnerable woman's behaviour. There seems to be far more focus on the suggestion of alcoholism than there is on her mental wellbeing.

Well said Joesoap. We all have personal problems or worries and could end up the same,Depression can start off mild and then progresses to acute or chronic. She has had a lot of bad luck in her personal life and feels unloved. I think it all started with her marriage break-up. She must know that she has side effects from her medication, so well done to her for going on tv.

Oddquine
23-Oct-08, 04:01
Surely she isn't drunk? Isn't she bi-polar? Couldn't it be the medication she is on?

Shocking stuff. She certainly isn't my favourite person but I feel sorry for her. I saw her on the Jungle Celebrity show and she was a different person then.

Oh and also Brian Macfadden is a prat!

Hear! Hear! Particularly the last line!

Oddquine
23-Oct-08, 04:09
I'm a layman, pure and simple.
I have no doubt some sufferers have a serious disease in their heads but just as many are swinging the lead.
How much of this condition is found in undeveloped countries, or places where life is harder?

I think too many are indulged, and a whole industry has sprung up to deal with them.
I started by saying there ARE genuine cases. As someone who has only ever been a bit fed up it's hard to appreciate the depth of true depression. Katona seemed to have it all at one point, perhaps that is the problem. Difficulties relating to her childhood I'd wager as they often explain such a lot in a troubled mind.

I'll give you the benefit of my laymans doubt here McCaugm because you appear sincere, and know better than I the rigours of depression. We cannot afford an epidemic of depression though and the lead swingers need weeding out.

As someone who professes not to know a lot about the rigours of depression, Percy................would it be too much to expect you to refrain from insulting people with your "lead-swinging" remarks?

Though on your past performances, it likely would.......when has having little or no knowledge of a subject ever stopped you from pontificating. :roll:

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 08:25
Any problems this woman has are all of her own making.

I dont buy this bi-polar nonsense at all :roll:

She is however undoubtedly an alcoholic.

She has to look within for help.

floyed
23-Oct-08, 08:34
I cant believe the way some people on here are going on about Kerry Katona all you know is what you read in magazines and papers. Or do you all know her personnel!

How do any of you know that her slurreed speak is not down to her medication?? do any of you have Bi polar??

floyed
23-Oct-08, 08:35
Quote -cd1977-
She is however undoubtedly an alcoholic.

How do you know do you see her everyday??

floyed
23-Oct-08, 08:42
[quote=percy toboggan;448674]This 'Bi-polar 'business seems a relatively new condition as I managed to live until I was about fifty years old before I heard of it.

Just because you managed to live till fifty without hearing about it does not have to make it a new condition!

Also called manic depression or bipolar affective disorder, the current term is of fairly recent origin and refers to the cycling between high and low episodes (poles). A relationship between mania and melancholia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melancholia) had long been observed, although the basis of the current conceptualisation can be traced back to French psychiatrists in the 1850s. The term "manic-depressive illness" or psychosis was coined by German psychiatrist Emil Kraepelin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_Kraepelin) in the late nineteenth century, originally referring to all kinds of mood disorder. German psychiatrist Karl Leonhard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Leonhard) split the classification again in 1957, employing the terms unipolar disorder (Major depressive disorder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_depressive_disorder)) and bipolar disorder.

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 08:58
Er, no Floyed, it's rather obvious from seeing the state she was in yesterday.

How do you know she's bi-polar - do you know her or her doctor personally? :roll:

We could go round in circles like this for ever.

Too many bleeding hearts on this thread for my liking.

floyed
23-Oct-08, 09:12
Er, no Floyed, it's rather obvious from seeing the state she was in yesterday.

How do you know she's bi-polar - do you know her or her doctor personally? :roll:

We could go round in circles like this for ever.

Too many bleeding hearts on this thread for my liking.

How is it obvious it could of been the medication for her bi-polar:eek:

And yes i could go in circles all day:p

Thumper
23-Oct-08, 09:13
I cant belive that there are so many on here that are quick to down somebody!Bi-polar is a serious illness and just because this poor woman happens to be "semi famous" you all feel that you have the right to tear her apart!I take it none of you have seen the huge advertising campaign running that asks us to see the person not the illness?Ok so shes not the sharpest knife in the block BUT she is a person just like all of us and she has been diagnosed as bi-polar,she may or may not have been drinking,which isnt a good idea on theses kinds on medications,but sometimes when you are really struggling it is very easy to turn to a "wee drink" to try to help you out of a "blackhole!"
I cant believe in this day and age there are still so many ignorant people who think that the sufferer either "brought it on themselves" or "is acting that way for pity" etc.........being bi-polar is a horrendous thing to have to cope with and believe me it doesnt decided that you will get t because you are rich,or poor,or happy,or fat,or anything..... it JUST HAPPENS bi-polarism isnt selective in who it affects so the next time you feel like saying horrible things about somebody who suffers from it just think to yourself...one day it may be me or somebody I love who suffers from it x

dragonfly
23-Oct-08, 09:21
think this thread is going off on a tangent regarding her being bi-polar or not.

The main questions are: -

1. Why did This Morning allow her to go on in that state?
2. Why did she allow herself to go on in that state?
3. Why did the Yes people around her allow her to go on in that state?

whatever induced the state she was in (be it medication, drink or recreational drugs) she should have not been allowed on set to carry out that interview.

Thumper
23-Oct-08, 09:25
think this thread is going off on a tangent regarding her being bi-polar or not.

whatever induced the state she was in (be it medication, drink or recreational drugs) she should have not been allowed on set to carry out that interview.

well said Dragonfly!The voice of reason.Unfortunately This Morning probably allowed it because they knew it would make good "carcrash tv" Kerry probably thought that she could handle the interview(and believe me when you are bi-polar you make the most daft decisions and think that they are good ones) and as for the people around her well they probably tried to make her see reason,but again sometimes reasoning isnt easy when somebody is suffering from this illness x

Angela
23-Oct-08, 10:38
I cant belive that there are so many on here that are quick to down somebody!Bi-polar is a serious illness and just because this poor woman happens to be "semi famous" you all feel that you have the right to tear her apart!I take it none of you have seen the huge advertising campaign running that asks us to see the person not the illness?Ok so shes not the sharpest knife in the block BUT she is a person just like all of us and she has been diagnosed as bi-polar,she may or may not have been drinking,whcih isnt a good idea on theses kinds on medications,but sometimes when you are really struggling it is very easy to turn to a "wee drink" to try to help you out of a "blackhole!
I cant believe in this day and age there are still so many ignorant people who think that the sufferer either "brought it on themselves" or "is acting that way for pity" etc.........being bi-polar is a horrendous thing to have to cope with and believe me it doesnt decided that you will getit becuase you are rich,or poor,or happy,or fat,or anything..... it JUST HAPPENS bi-polarism isnt selective in who it affects so the next time you feel like saying horrible things about somebody who suffers from it just think to yourself...one day it may be me or somebody I love who suffers from it x

Well said, thumper. I feel sad to see such a level of smug ignorance about mental health issues emerging here. I'd hoped in the 21st century most people had a better understanding of what it's like to suffer from mental illness.

I don't watch this programme, but saw a clip on the news. I don't believe the interview should have gone ahead. I was sickened to see Fern Britton going into psuedo- sympathetic counselling mode while knowing that the programme was going out live. :(

skinnydog
23-Oct-08, 10:52
The blame should lie entirely at the feet of the programme producers. It must have been so obvious to them what was going on, but they continued to transmit, knowing that in the end it was going to get a reaction. Which it did!

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 10:55
And what a reaction from the do-gooders and hand wringers on here :cool:

Angela
23-Oct-08, 11:10

And what a predictable knee jerk reaction from you, cd1977! :roll:

You don't have to be a do-gooder or hand wringer to learn a bit more about mental illness.

Resorting to name calling's so much easier tho', isn't it? [disgust]

silverfox57
23-Oct-08, 11:13
have to agree with you cd ,it sad that when someone has a illness or isdown, where we only have have a story,the do-gooders get stuck in :~(

Blondie
23-Oct-08, 11:17
[quote=silverfox57;448941]have to agree with you cd ,it sad that when someone has a illness or isdown, where we only have have a story,the do-gooders get stuck in :~([/quote

I'm not understanding you? Are you agreeing with CD? Have you read his previous posts? :confused

Angela
23-Oct-08, 11:22
have to agree with you cd ,it sad that when someone has a illness or isdown, where we only have have a story,the do-gooders get stuck in :~(

I don't understand you here, silverfox.

cd1977 plainly has no sympathy at all for KK. It's those of us that do have that he appears to be calling do-gooders, hand wringers and bleeding hearts!

Or have I missed the point here? :confused

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 11:27
And I am equally sure that KK is ever so grateful for all your sympathy.

Virtual wind-up complete :Razz

Cheers now :cool:

balto
23-Oct-08, 11:34
And I am equally sure that KK is ever so grateful for all your sympathy.

Virtual wind-up complete :Razz

Cheers now :cool:
your compassion for someone with a mental illness just amazes me, it really does.

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 11:45
As I have already said (going round in circles here again):

This is the last time:

I do not believe she has a mental illness :roll:

Time for a cool sharp harp. I'll leave the Atomic Kitten fan club to stew in their own juice now!

balto
23-Oct-08, 11:49
As I have already said (going round in circles here again):

This is the last time:

I do not believe she has a mental illness :roll:

Time for a cool sharp harp. I'll leave the Atomic Kitten fan club to stew in their own juice now!
come on then, what do you know that that the rest of us dont, dont think it is anything to do with a fan club, mayby it is becasue we have hearts, not blocks of stone.

Ash
23-Oct-08, 11:51
dont think it is anything to do with a fan club, mayby it is because we have hearts, not blocks of stone.

very true balto very true
:D

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 11:54
I have every sympathy and plenty compassion for anyone suffering from a genuine mental condition.

However, in this case, as I made very clear at the start, I do not believe such a condition exists. It's a smokescreen.

Are we now clear on that?

balto
23-Oct-08, 11:55
I have every sympathy and plenty compassion for anyone suffering from a genuine mental condition.

However, in this case, as I made very clear at the start, I do not believe such a condition exists. It's a smokescreen.

one last thing what medical school did you qulify from, as you seem to be an expert on this, NOT.

MadPict
23-Oct-08, 12:00

I agree - but she did herself no favours by repeatedly referring back to the drinks she allegedly had while on holiday - "The lady doth protest too much..."

These 'celebs' and their desire to make money from the public watching their trials and tribulations means that they have to take the 'rough' and the 'smooth'. If you invite the 'media' into your home and personal life, expect to have every thing you do or say put under a microscope.

Ash
23-Oct-08, 12:00
the thing is that no one truely knows who kerry katona is... everything she does is made to make her look bad... if she is seen out shopping they make up a story about something ridicolous. also she doesnt edit her tv show so its made to look like she does nothing but we dont know if thats true or no.... she chose to go on the show... Phil and Fern just did the job which was to interview her.... me personally think she needs help but who are we to judge!

we are all far from perfect

Thumper
23-Oct-08, 12:08

I really hope that neither you nor any member of your family ever suffer from this condition then :( It IS real and it is awful![disgust] I am sorry to say it but its attitudes like this that make this illness even worse...people telling you to "snap out of it and stop feeling sorry for yourself! dont help in any way x

Angela
23-Oct-08, 12:11
These 'celebs' and their desire to make money from the public watching their trials and tribulations means that they have to take the 'rough' and the 'smooth'. If you invite the 'media' into your home and personal life, expect to have every thing you do or say put under a microscope.

I agree MadPict. I'm only barely aware of who KK is and I have virtually no interest in the lifestyles of celebs.

I happened to catch a clip of the show on the national news, which does rather prove your point that the doings of celebs tend to be shoved in our faces whether we're interested or not!

I'm just sad to see that there is so much ignorance about mental health issues appearing on a second thread in as many days. :(

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 12:16
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7685773.stm

Now she's blaming Fern and Phil!

Anyone but herself eh?

dragonfly
23-Oct-08, 12:20
we are all far from perfect

very true however the difference is that we choose not to constantly put ourselves into the public spotlight inviting public ridicule when things go wrong

Ash
23-Oct-08, 12:39
very true however the difference is that we choose not to constantly put ourselves into the public spotlight inviting public ridicule when things go wrong

ive watched the programme she has and the media are constantly following her around, they wait outside her door for her
i think she does the show to let people know the truth if i was being called a druggy and a bad mother then i would want to tell people the truth

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 12:49
"if i was being called a druggy and a bad mother then i would want to tell people the truth"

And in Kerry Katona's case, the truth is what exactly?

That she is level headed and a good mother?

dragonfly
23-Oct-08, 13:35
ive watched the programme she has and the media are constantly following her around, they wait outside her door for her
i think she does the show to let people know the truth if i was being called a druggy and a bad mother then i would want to tell people the truth

OK, so she did not choose to film & televise the birth of her son? nor did she choose to film her breast reduction/augmentation/liposuction? Were these all filmed by the media/paparazzi chasing her around???

No!! these were desperate attempts to put herself into the public eye - she was on This Morning to promote her up and coming 3 new tv programmes & perfume

It was her choice to put herself there so she has to take the good with the bad - its the price she has to pay for trying to be a "celebrity"

silverfox57
23-Oct-08, 13:56
I don't understand you here, silverfox.

cd1977 plainly has no sympathy at all for KK. It's those of us that do have that he appears to be calling do-gooders, hand wringers and bleeding hearts!

Or have I missed the point here? :confused
my point was that have sympathy for anyone who has any illness,and as I am not a doctor, should not have the right to express my veiws on open forum,on a story on tv about kk, or anyone else,

JoeSoap
23-Oct-08, 14:02
It was her choice to put herself there so she has to take the good with the bad - its the price she has to pay for trying to be a "celebrity"
But surely the point isn't whether she, as a 'celebrity', has given up her right to complain about public criticism?

Surely the point is that this whole debacle just highlights that there is a sub-section (and I really do mean ‘sub’) of society which maintains an archaic attitude toward mental health issues, has the empathy of a squid and seems to relish in other’s misfortune?

floyed
23-Oct-08, 14:07

And once again (going round in circles)

How do you know she is not genuine, are you a doctor??

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 14:11
Maybe it was just a dodgy £1 chicken curry from Iceland?

dragonfly
23-Oct-08, 14:16
Surely the point is that this whole debacle just highlights that there is a sub-section (and I really do mean ‘sub’) of society which maintains an archaic attitude toward mental health issues, has the empathy of a squid and seems to relish in other’s misfortune?

I do not relish in others misfortunes nor have the empathy of a squid and as you do not know who I am then assume you are not labelling me as such?

I empathise totally with those who have mental disorders no matter what they are (bi-polar, depression, stress, adhd etc)

When I first posted this thread, it was just a few seconds into the interview, well before Phil & Fern turned it around to her "addictive personality", at that point nothing had been acknowledged about her slurring of words so I could not beleive what I was seeing - her appearing to be as drunk as a skunk on live TV.

however I do not have sympathy for so called celebrities who will do anything they can to cling onto the fame they so desperately crave and as far as I am concerned she is one of them - my opinion has nothing at all to do with her medical conditions - that is a totally seperate issue.

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 14:22
"And once again (going round in circles)

How do you know she is not genuine, are you a doctor?? "

No, it's just my opinion.

mccaugm
23-Oct-08, 14:33

You are quite wrong, IMHO.

Let those who are without sin cast the first stone.

TBH
23-Oct-08, 15:20
Depression is really awful but at least the manics get a break from it now and again.

wifie
23-Oct-08, 15:25
Man alive - over 100 posts about what? CELEBRITY!

squidge
23-Oct-08, 15:30

I think thats right to a degree but dont we as the public have to bear some responsibility? There appears to be a never ending hunger for shows where "celebrities" and "ordinary folk" bear all on television. Shows like Big Brother, Get me out of here, The Family... the list goes on. If there was no demand for these shows - we just turned them off or advertisers refused to associate their products with the shows then the media would maybe look elsewhere for its sensationalism. Sure enough whenever there is something being shown where people - whether or not they are celebrities - are falling apart then there is a ready audience of people like you and me wanting and itching to watch and watch and watch - To tut and sigh and gleefully discuss the every miniscule detail of the event. Its like rubber necking an accident if you ask me. People lap up newspapers which print sensationalist stories - the gorier, dirtier and more sordid the better - there is a long list of people who have been dealt with harshly and unkindly by the media - partly their own fault but partly due to our insatiable need to read about the worst in people. The media doesnt allow people to fallapart in a private way because it knows that we- the public want to know every little detail.

Yuk yuk yuk. :~(

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 15:31
Someone went off on one about mental illness.

Hence all the usual bandwagon jumpers, offloading their angst once again.

balto
23-Oct-08, 15:33
Depression is really awful but at least the manics get a break from it now and again.
as you say depression is a awful thing, i suffered from it what with one thing and anoterh and it took me months to recover form it, as do many other people.

Thumper
23-Oct-08, 15:53
I think you will find that its wasnt "someone" who went off on one,there are a lot of sensible people posting on this thread about the problems that bipolar and depression can cause!There are also a few that seem to want to drag this thread into yet another arguement [disgust] x

balto
23-Oct-08, 15:59
I think you will find that its wasnt "someone" who went off on one,there are a lot of sensible people posting on this thread about the problems that bipolar and depression can cause!There are also a few that seem to want to drag this thread into yet another arguement [disgust] x
dont you mean one lol[lol]

MadPict
23-Oct-08, 16:18
I think thats right to a degree but dont we as the public have to bear some responsibility? There appears to be a never ending hunger for shows where "celebrities" and "ordinary folk" bear all on television. Shows like Big Brother, Get me out of here, The Family... the list goes on.

For once I can hold my hand up and say "Not Me". I hate these programmes with a vengeance - If it isn't Celebrity Come Dancing, its On Ice, Extreme Sport, Celebrity Weight Loss, and so on ad nauseam......

I had hoped that "Peter Kay's Britain's Got The Pop Factor And Possibly A New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly On Ice" parody would have been a bit crueller but it ended up being an homage to the genre.

Bi-Polar wasn't mentioned until post #16 - the original subject matter was the state of Katona as she appeared on TV...

cd1977
23-Oct-08, 16:27
Well said, Madpict :)

I slagged Katona the person and her ridiculous lifestyle, next thing I know I am making light of mental illness. This was never the intention and that is clear if you read back the way.

If I wanted to discuss mental illness, I would start or contribute to a thread under that moniker. I do not want to get drawn into such a discussion, despite the best efforts of several posters on here.

The discussion regarding the chav that is Katona has now become lost in a tedious tit for tat.

Angela
23-Oct-08, 16:29
Bi-Polar wasn't mentioned until post #16 - the original subject matter was the state of Katona as she appeared on TV...

No Madpict, but once her mental health condition was mentioned it didn't take long for at least one poster to rush to have a go at people in general who do suffer from depression, along with the suggestion that they're not really ill at all. [disgust] As if this had not already been dragged gratuitously into the multi-cultural thread, with similar views being expressed.

As I said in a previous post I have very limited, if any, interest in celebs and don't watch 'This Morning', but ignorant spouting off about depression or other forms of mental illness is quite another matter I'm afraid.:(

(Not suggesting for one moment that you did that, MP)

Thumper
23-Oct-08, 17:51
Madpict I stand corrected on bipolar not being mentioned until post 16,but as it was then brought up and then seemingly belittled by some I felt that I had reason to reply to that post.What KK does infront of the media is widely reported whether we want to hear about it or not,but the point I was trying to make was that she is ill and shouldnt be torn to pieces for making bad choices.I think that KK has proven that its not only the poor or generally unwell that are affected by this illness,it like all other illnesses isnt selective in who it affects and perhaps having somebody in the "spotlight" who does suffer from it will make some people who dont understand it/never heard of it take the time to learn a little about it x

dragonfly
23-Oct-08, 18:02
This post was not started to go indepth into peoples thoughts over mental health but in disbelief of what was going on in This Morning in real time yesterday morning.

I now think it is well played out so have decided to close the thread