PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Cookies

brokencross
18-Oct-08, 08:06
Many mornings when I arrive at my computer there is a little note from my Norton Antivirus telling me it has detected a "low risk tracking cookie" during the overnight scheduled scan.

Up to now I follow the recommended action which is "fix", but this needs a restart for the "fix" to be completed, which is a bit of a pain.

How important is it that I do the restart immediately after the "fix" for a "low risk tracking cookie"?

blueivy
18-Oct-08, 20:41
Many mornings when I arrive at my computer there is a little note from my Norton Antivirus telling me it has detected a "low risk tracking cookie" during the overnight scheduled scan.

Up to now I follow the recommended action which is "fix", but this needs a restart for the "fix" to be completed, which is a bit of a pain.

How important is it that I do the restart immediately after the "fix" for a "low risk tracking cookie"?

I wouldn't worry too much about tracking cookies. They are generally there for sites to follow who you are and when you come back to them. They are not generally harmful and I wouldn't bother rebooting to be honest in order to get rid of them.

brokencross
19-Oct-08, 12:31
I wouldn't worry too much about tracking cookies. They are generally there for sites to follow who you are and when you come back to them. They are not generally harmful and I wouldn't bother rebooting to be honest in order to get rid of them.
Many thanks for that.