PDA

View Full Version : Lyth Arts Centre Jazz weekend!

Torvaig
15-Oct-08, 13:15
This weekend of 18th/19th October at the Lyth Arts Centre is dedicated to jazz and poetry, concerts, workshops and master classes with Welsh poet Richard Douglas Pennant, Frank Harrison Trio, distinguished Irish poets Anne-Marie Fyfe and Cahal Dallat and the Kevin Mackenzie Quartet.

The weekend is open to all, adults and children, to enjoy all this talent in this one very special place. Come along and have great fun; there are buffets and lunches included in the prices for members, children, OAPs, students and unwaged. Would be great to see some of you there.....:)

For details please log on to www.lytharts.org.uk (http://www.lytharts.org.uk/) or ring 01955 641 270.

Flyermonkey
15-Oct-08, 14:46
Excellent, looks like some good stuff on there, will definitely be coming along to the Saturday night.

What is involved in the Poetry Workshop on during the day? I looked at the website but it doesn't give much away.

Torvaig
15-Oct-08, 15:33
Excellent, looks like some good stuff on there, will definitely be coming along to the Saturday night.

What is involved in the Poetry Workshop on during the day? I looked at the website but it doesn't give much away.

Good for you, you will be welcome and I'm sure you will enjoy your day!

On the programme is Anne-Marie Fyfe from Ireland (currently chairs The Poetry Society) who will give a poetry workshop starting at 11am and going on to 3pm. I'm afraid I don't know the format as it sometimes depends on who and what age group turn up and will be geared to those present.

The prices are adults £20, children and students £10. This includes the workshop, lunch, and the evening concert with Richard Douglas Pennant plus The Frank Harrison Trio, Anne-Marie and another Irish poet, Cahal Dallat.

Anyone just wanting to attend the concert at night will pay - ordinary £12, members £10, OAPs £10, children, students and unwaged £6. Hope to see some of you there......:)