PDA

View Full Version : Free Energy Saving Stuff

Shabbychic
14-Oct-08, 15:39
I came across this site (http://www.eaga.com/freeproducts/) where the Over 70s and folks on certain benefits or credits can claim Energy Saving Light Bulbs, a PowerDown, and/or a ShowerSmart.

It's not often Power Companies give anything away for nothing, so if you or any members of your family qualify, grab it while you can.

MadPict
14-Oct-08, 16:03
Got a box of free energy saving bulbs from British Gas the other week...

Gizmo
14-Oct-08, 16:10
I have just submitted order, i now await the telephone call telling me that they are unable to supply me the items as i am not on the UK mainland, it's just guaranteed to happen.

Julia
14-Oct-08, 16:16
Thanks for the link, I've requested a power down :)

floyed
14-Oct-08, 17:04
What a great helpful post:D

teenybash
14-Oct-08, 17:32
requested a Powerdown...thanks for the link. :)

Tristan
14-Oct-08, 17:57
I am glad they are doing it (another site is the energy saving trust to look for things) but it should be more readily available for those who need it.

oldmarine
14-Oct-08, 19:26
Got a box of free energy saving bulbs from British Gas the other week...

I've been using energy saving bulbs for quite a long time. They have saved me a lot of money. I speak well for them.

Liz
14-Oct-08, 19:39
Many thanks for the link Shabbychic.:D

MadPict
14-Oct-08, 20:12
I've been using energy saving bulbs for quite a long time. They have saved me a lot of money. I speak well for them.

As have I - in fact one room has a LE bulb (a Phillips SL25) in it that is now about 15 years old and still working. We have been in our current house since '95 and that bulb was in our previous place for a good two years before moving......

joxville
14-Oct-08, 21:40
A great idea, more people should sign up to this. That way it will leave more electricity and water for me to use. :D