PDA

View Full Version : Change?

Rheghead
07-Oct-08, 10:55
Do you find 'Change' as a stimulating experience to enjoy or are you generally frightened or put off by the unknown consequences of Change?

I used to find change exilerating but the thought of change is very daunting now.

I'm not just on about Change for Change's sake but even beneficial Change can be quite frightening.

Here are just a few expressions that have entered our language about Change.
A Change is as good as a rest! I'll do it for a Change! I don't like Change. It makes a nice Change! All Change!!

I think it says a lot about our age, lifestyles etc on how we embrace change.

balto
07-Oct-08, 10:56
small changes are fine, just dont like big changes atall, i prefer most things to stay the same, at least i know what is going on.:D

mccaugm
07-Oct-08, 11:01
Having studied the concepts of change whilst doing my business course it does not mean that I like it. I like to know that when I go home things will be much the same. I hate it when I go to my home town and they have painted another "Bleep Bleep" mural. Thats a change we can do without. I know change is necessary but sometimes I like the status quo that comes from staying the same.

Dadie
07-Oct-08, 11:06
Some big changes I loved....Moving house...Having Kids...Work...
Some changes I hate...when supermarkets change the grocery layout
...bus timetable changes...the controls on the new washing machine..

I tend to be a creature of habit buying the same stuff week in week out ..but ever so often I will buy something new..cook something different..go somewhere different.

so can I answer both please:lol:

Rheghead
07-Oct-08, 11:09
Dadie, I think you are in the love Change category! :)

Does anyone get the tsunami or drowning nightmares if they go through a period of Change?

silverfox57
07-Oct-08, 11:17
having had to make two big changes in work and life style,at a age when do not like change,but life is always going to change,sadly one phone call can change someone life forever,

Dadie
07-Oct-08, 11:19
Nah life just happens..
and you have to adapt...

teenybash
07-Oct-08, 11:40
Big changes I don't like...the ones that cause upheaval and a lot of disruption.. because it is usually me who has to put everything back together again...though having said that, when I do have everything back to normal I enjoy the feeling of satisfaction..... Lesser changes I enjoy and am more or less of the opinion it is better to go with the flow rather than battle against the tides as change is inevitable. Chill and stay cool, accept the changes we can do nothing about and carry on.:)

Angela
07-Oct-08, 11:52
Can't really answer that with a simple yes or no, Rheg!

I get bored quite easily (not proud of this) and I do like changes if it's me who decides to make them. ;)

Major changes that are thrust upon me are a very different matter and in recent years I've had a few of these, mostly bad. I've found these very, very difficult to come to terms with and adapt to.

The seemingly faster and faster rate of change in daily life that's completely outwith my control -that I do find harder to accept as I get older. Overall I try to adapt to, and even embrace, these changes, but some do bring out the Grumpy Old Wifie in me...on a daily basis! [lol]

kriklah
07-Oct-08, 12:01
also a creature of habit, i like to be in control, though not as a control freak. i prefer to be in charge of any changes that occur directly around me, and feel out of depth when change is thrust upon me.

(and i do wish my son would change his socks more often!!:confused)

MadPict
07-Oct-08, 12:06
"Got any spare change?" is the one I hate - how do I know if it's spare?

Anne x
07-Oct-08, 12:14
Changes in our lives are inevitable as we get older loss of family members or additions to our family changes in work due to redundancy relocating further South leaving behind friends and everything that has become familiar etc Also Illness can make huge changes
I dont like change very much but realise it happens sometimes just in the blink of a eye

I dont like the change of my reflection in a mirror these days [lol]

Bobinovich
07-Oct-08, 12:55
I'm not a great one for change - much prefer things to amble along in a steady sort of way. However I've been through a number of significant changes recently and have come out the other side at least as happy as I was prior, and in some ways even happier.

It does depend on the extent and nature of the change(s), but taking them one at a time and learning to cope with them in turn, etc. is important for your mental wellbeing. Being able to share with a partner or friend if necessary also helps you to cope.

Tighsonas4
07-Oct-08, 13:00
[quote=Anne x;442867]Changes in our lives are inevitable as we get older loss of family members or additions to our family changes in work due to redundancy relocating further South leaving behind friends and everything that has become familiar etc Also Illness can make huge changes
I dont like change very much but realise it happens sometimes
can certainly go along with that theres changes come in life that can never be reversed you live with it tony

_Ju_
07-Oct-08, 13:55
Does anyone get the tsunami or drowning nightmares if they go through a period of Change?

I start dreaming about people from so long ago I don't quite remember who they were anymore.

Change is life nowadays. Gone are the days when you got married and knew you'd die with them, that you'd get the obligatory retirement present with the company you work for, that you'd pay up your mortgage years before you moved house.

Melancholy Man
07-Oct-08, 13:59
I hate change. Entropy is grossly over-rated.

Sapphire2803
07-Oct-08, 14:01
Can't really answer that with a simple yes or no, Rheg!

I get bored quite easily (not proud of this) and I do like changes if it's me who decides to make them. ;)

Major changes that are thrust upon me are a very different matter and in recent years I've had a few of these, mostly bad. I've found these very, very difficult to come to terms with and adapt to.

The seemingly faster and faster rate of change in daily life that's completely outwith my control -that I do find harder to accept as I get older. Overall I try to adapt to, and even embrace, these changes, but some do bring out the Grumpy Old Wifie in me...on a daily basis! [lol]

I too get bored easily, my friend insists that it's because I'm an aries. I have no idea. I love change, I love new challenges. Mind you I'm not as bad as I used to be. I once moved country and left an entire life behind just because it was starting to seem stale. :D

Anji
07-Oct-08, 15:12
I too get bored easily, my friend insists that it's because I'm an aries. I have no idea. I love change, I love new challenges. Mind you I'm not as bad as I used to be. I once moved country and left an entire life behind just because it was starting to seem stale. :D

I'm Aries too, and get bored really easily. When other people think things are running smoothly, I think they are getting stale. My pal always says I got married (a very long time ago) for something to do, and she could be right. On a lesser scale, nowadays I drive my OH batty by decorating at every opportunity. Frequently, when I am finishing off a room, I have already decided what colour it will be the next time I do it.

Julia
07-Oct-08, 15:16
I love change, I get bored easily and I'm also thinking of what to change next at home.

Bring it on!

joxville
07-Oct-08, 17:01
:D .egnahc tsiser ot yrt I yllamron ,esrever in tsop siht od d'I thguoht I egnahc a rof tsuJ

Sapphire2803
07-Oct-08, 17:06
:D .egnahc tsiser ot yrt I yllamron ,esrever in tsop siht od d'I thguoht I egnahc a rof tsuJ

;) !tabmow tfad uoY

rockchick
08-Oct-08, 02:20
;) !tabmow tfad uoY
Makes you want to read this in a mirror!

MadPict
08-Oct-08, 11:06
˙˙˙sʇǝʞɔod ɹnoʎ ʇno sllɐɟ ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝɥʇ llɐ - pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ uo ƃuıpuɐʇs ʎɹʇ - ʎsɐǝ sı ƃuıʇıɹʍ ǝsɹǝʌǝɹ

Lolabelle
08-Oct-08, 12:26
Dave totally thrives on change, he is like a jack in the box, bopping from thing to thing, I am the exact opposite, if someone even changes plans on me I feel like it's a personal insult! But I am getting much better at the whole "change" thing after 13 yrs with Dave. So I think that it has done me good really, so I'm not so rigid in my thinking and ideas.

cuddlepop
08-Oct-08, 15:51
Being a fire sign I get bored easily or I use to.Over the years I've had to adapt my need for change for the stability and routine that is required when you live with someone autistic.

Now because she's older and can adjust to a little change I'm the one that stuck in our routine.:confused

Rheghead
09-Oct-08, 01:34
A cracking song and vid about what change means to me. Plus my troubled hero R.J. Fischer brought about Change as well. I have plans to pay homage to him next year and this is a guy that I wouldn't want as a neighbour. I just admire him for what he was. I mourn him deeply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taVW8Kv2HcQ

Angel
09-Oct-08, 21:54
Any change whatever it may be keeps reminding you, you are still alive...

Angel

Kodiak
11-Oct-08, 16:32
I love Change ;)

Especially the Change I find down the back of a Couch or Arm Chair.:grin:

Tristan
11-Oct-08, 20:27
Change is good, but I think it is a danger to embrace change for change's sake.

MadPict
11-Oct-08, 20:45
Would that be changer danger (http://www.juniorcitizen.org.uk/kids/strangerdanger/)?.....

Tristan
11-Oct-08, 21:03
Would that be changer danger (http://www.juniorcitizen.org.uk/kids/strangerdanger/)?.....

Filling time to get the minimum number of characters to say...ROFL[lol]

JAWS
11-Oct-08, 22:22
Whenever I find myself thinking about change, especially the speed of change, remembering one thing brings me down to earth with a bump.
When my aunt was born nobody had even heard of the Wright Brothers and H G Wells hadn't even written his science fiction book "The First Men in the Moon".
By the time she died men had walked on the Moon and Concorde was taking people across the Atlantic in three and a half hours.
I don't think any other generation had previously seen so vast a change and wonder how long it will be before another does.

joxville
11-Oct-08, 22:40
Whenever I find myself thinking about change, especially the speed of change, remembering one thing brings me down to earth with a bump.
When my aunt was born nobody had even heard of the Wright Brothers and H G Wells hadn't even written his science fiction book "The First Men in the Moon".
By the time she died men had walked on the Moon and Concorde was taking people across the Atlantic in three and a half hours.
I don't think any other generation had previously seen so vast a change and wonder how long it will be before another does.

A thought-provoking post Jaws. If our world leaders aren't careful we could be the ones to witness a huge change, unfortunately to the detriment of life on earth.

jock leith
12-Oct-08, 10:01
Where someone has an input into changing things it can be good, with all the potential benefits, but over the years I have seen enforced changes having major effects on peoples health etc.So change should be agreed by all concerned.

"I TRIED TO DAYDREAM,BUT MY MIND KEPT WANDERING":lol:

gleeber
12-Oct-08, 14:47
One of the major problems with change is peoples inability to deal with it. Like Jaws says change in the past century has been phenomenal. However, that's external change. It's easy to change things on the outside. Its not so easy to change on the inside.

brandy
12-Oct-08, 18:39
im not that bothered unless its something huge,
i just try to take one day at a time and see what comes.

bobandag16
12-Oct-08, 21:49
Any change whatever it may be keeps reminding you, you are still alive...

Angel
when my arer wakes me up in the morning .where is your pendant walking stick of u go to the toilet. still alive nothiing has changed. what will u do today. do not change.[evil]

percy toboggan
13-Oct-08, 19:08
Change for the better is okay. Of course it often isn't.

northener
13-Oct-08, 21:51
I tend to view changes in my personal circumstances as a new challenge.

I've never been one to 'go with the flow', unfortunately that makes it very difficult for me when I've been an employee - I've always ended up trying to change things around to my way of doing things....it doesn't go down very well with employers.

Having said that, I'm not keen on short term 'faddy' changes such as the latest crazes/changes that we are brainwashed by the media to take part in. Endless TV screens full of dimwits telling me how to be 'cool' or telling me what I should be doing to stay 'in front' (:roll:) are not changes for the better.

rockchick
13-Oct-08, 22:31
Buddha says...change is good...

<but exact change is better!>

Whitewater
14-Oct-08, 00:21
Change happens whether we like it or not, some good some bad. I don't dislike change in my life, sometimes I try to resist it, but it eventually overtakes me. There a few changes I'm trying to avoid at the moment, Mrs Whitewater has began making noises about redecorating, I'll avoid it as long as possible, but the pressure will become too great and I will have to give in, it is inevitable.