PDA

View Full Version : Harper/Robertson

Bonnie Parker-Duke
06-Oct-08, 23:00
Barbara Robertson b. 1790 married David Harper b. 1799 in 1822. In the 1851 Dunnet, Caithness, Scotland census, after David's death, there are grandchilden in her home that I can't identify. I think she may have been married prior to her marriage to David Harper although no children but theirs appear in the 1841 census. The houshold members in the 1851 census are:

Household Members: Name Age
Alexander Harper 14
Barbara Harper 62
Catharine Harper 28
David Harper 22
John Harper 26
Margaret Harper 27
William Harper 54
Robert MacKay 44
John McBeath 3 Mo
Donaldina Robertson 13
James Sutherland 4
William Sutherland 4 Mo

William Sutherland is listed as a *visitor* but John McBeath and James Sutherland are listed as grandsons. Does anyone know who their parents were and how they were related to either David or Barbara Robertson Harper?

I also do not know who the parents of Donaldina Robertson are. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate knowing myself!:)

I would appreciate any assistance as I cannot find either child in later census records.

Bonnie

Tricia
22-Oct-08, 13:46
QUOTE<I also do not know who the parents of Donaldina Robertson are. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate knowing myself!>

I did a bit on this last night but seem to have lost it somewhere in cyber
anyway:::
Donaldina b1838 Halkirk daughter of David Robertson & Isabella Sinclair m 1833 Thurso and Halkirk .
some other female children:
1. CATHARINE ROBERTSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 18 APR 1834 Halkirk, Caithness, Scotland
2. DONALDINA ROBERTSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 04 APR 1838 Halkirk, Caithness, Scotland
3. MARGARET ROBERTSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 09 JAN 1836 Halkirk, Caithness, Scotland
4. WILLIAMINA ROBERTSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 28 DEC 1842 Halkirk, Caithness, Scotland
5. JANET ROBERTSON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 11 DEC 1840 Halkirk, Caithness, Scotland

David R brother of your Barbara Robertson!!!
David 1793 & Barbara 1790 C110362 Dunnet born to William Robeson and Margaret Andrews

David & Isabella and some children are in Upper Lybster 1851.

David in 1861 Latheron Parish:
ROBERTSON David Head W M 65 out Pens. From Chelsea CAI Dunnet
ROBERTSON Janet Daur U F 18 O CAI Halkirk
ROBERTSON Barbra Daur U F 14 Scholar CAI Halkirk
ROBERTSON Donald Son O M 12 Scholar CAI Halkirk

Hope this is of some use.
All for now.
Tricia

Bonnie Parker-Duke
22-Oct-08, 21:52
It is all of use Tricia. I thank you so very much! Here in the US it is difficult for me to find anything prior to the first census records and unless we can tie the individuals to the same family, there is no way the census records mean anything. Again, thank you!

Bonnie Parker-Duke

Tricia
23-Oct-08, 21:37
It is all of use Tricia. I thank you so very much! Here in the US it is difficult for me to find anything prior to the first census records and unless we can tie the individuals to the same family, there is no way the census records mean anything. Again, thank you!

Bonnie Parker-Duke

Hi Bonnie
Do you have your tree on any site.
Happy to help.
Tricia
born a MORE in Wick
ps I have just realized you have WEIR relations - so we may share same families.
T

Bonnie Parker-Duke
30-Oct-08, 01:35
Tricia,

We may have some of the same Weir ancestors! My g, g, g grandparents were John Weir (Wheir) b. 26 July 1822, Thurster (eldest son of James Wheir and Jane/Jean Sutherland) and Catherine Meiklejohn b. 5 July 1829, Wattan) (third child of Donald Meiklejohn and Mary Meiklejohn, two lines of the same family descended from John Meiklejohn and Isobel Bain).

My g, g grandmother was Jane Christina Weir, John and Catherine Weir's third child and second daughter who married Alexander Farquhar b. 1855.

Any of this sound familiar?

Bonnie

Bonnie Parker-Duke
30-Oct-08, 01:36
Forgot to say that I do not have my line anywhere on the internet.

Bonnie

Lingland
14-Mar-09, 16:11
I have sent you a PM

Bonnie Parker-Duke
14-Mar-09, 18:34
I responded to your PM. Am looking forward to hearing from you again.