PDA

View Full Version : Pop groups reforming.

balto
03-Oct-08, 16:02
At this moment in time i am absolutly thrilled as boyzone(now no-one say a word) have reformed and have a new song coming out which i must same is brilliant, my question is what group would you like to see reforming.

telfordstar
03-Oct-08, 16:22
the wurzels are they still together or what about blacklace they got the new year partys going

dragonfly
03-Oct-08, 16:23
its gonna have to be the Bay City Rollers (real ones not Les McKeowns band) if not them then the Partridge Family (joke!!! not serious HONEST!)

catnip
03-Oct-08, 19:24
Big Country but that would be pretty hard as Stuart Adamson killed himself a few years ago.

northener
03-Oct-08, 19:40
the wurzels are they still together or what about blacklace they got the new year partys going

The Wurzels are still going, I think.

Buttercup
03-Oct-08, 20:07

The Wurzels are still going, I think.

Alan Barton of Black Lace died in '95 and if you look them up on Wikipedia you find a story about the other one!

My choice of group (not quite a pop group though) would be The Highwaymen but alas Waylon and Johnny are both gone now, always been vexed I never made it to see them in Aberdeen. :~(

percy toboggan
03-Oct-08, 20:21
One of my favourite bands -Fleetwood Mac seem to reform every few years when one of them is skint.

Otherwise a re-formation of the only other band I'm bothered about is out of the question. Two of their illustrious number are deceased.
They're still with me though...here, there and everywhere.

TBH
03-Oct-08, 21:33
One of my favourite bands -Fleetwood Mac seem to reform every few years when one of them is skint.

Otherwise a re-formation of the only other band I'm bothered about is out of the question. Two of their illustrious number are deceased.
They're still with me though...here, there and everywhere.Which poses a question. If the other two reformed for a one off concert with the sons of the deceased, do you think it would be wrong for them to use the band's name?

percy toboggan
03-Oct-08, 22:28
Which poses a question. If the other two reformed for a one off concert with the sons of the deceased, do you think it would be wrong for them to use the band's name?

Wrong? Maybe...but such semantics are irrelevant for my part. It might be a novelty...an intrigue...George's lad is the image of him when he was young, and Julian sounds much like his Dad. I'd be all for it...what they choose to call themselves matters not.

We should remember though that it was not as a performing beat combo that the fab four reached their zenith. It was in the songs they crafted seperately and together, and the many inspirational hours they spent in the studio guided by the tutelage of George Martin - their co-conspirator in world domination and ground breaking audio.

northener
03-Oct-08, 22:39
It's funny, at the moment I can't think of any bands I'd want to reform at all.

Yet I've got a hit list running into hundreds of bands that I wouldn't want to reform!:Razz

Starting with Boney M., The Wombles, Our Kid, The bloody Style Council and UB bloody 40...........

northener
03-Oct-08, 22:43
Welcome to Wurzelworld.......

http://www.thewurzels.com/

Melancholy Man
03-Oct-08, 22:48
The Ink Spots, the Mills Brothers. Maybe the Orioles.

At this moment in time i am absolutly thrilled as boyzone(now no-one say a word)

You are history's greatest monster.

Yet I've got a hit list running into hundreds of bands that I wouldn't want to reform!:Razz

Starting with Boney M.

I'd sooner die on a cold mountainside writhing in my death throes than listen to Boney M..

TBH
03-Oct-08, 23:08
The Ink Spots, the Mills Brothers. Maybe the Orioles.

You are history's greatest monster.

I'd sooner die on a cold mountainside writhing in my death throes than listen to Boney M..Click the link MM, I know you want to, can't resist.
"Must, not, click, on, link, arghhh.............[lol]

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fv53gKx0cyo

Melancholy Man
03-Oct-08, 23:10
I'm going to die with the sound of Boney-M in my head.

Arse.

wifie
03-Oct-08, 23:14
Click the link MM, I know you want to, can't resist.
"Must, not, click, on, link, arghhh.............[lol]

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fv53gKx0cyo

That was cruel and despicable but very funny! [lol]

wifie
03-Oct-08, 23:15
I'm going to die with the sound of Boney-M in my head.

Arse.

You couldn't resist could ya? Why the use of gaelic in yer post? :confused

Amy-Winehouse
04-Oct-08, 00:54
Guns & Roses would be one. The Jam, The Bluetones , Ocean Colour Scene , Elvis Presley ;), The Commitments , T-Rex , Stone Roses , Inxs , Blondie . Theres many more but its late & Im tired, you could go on for a while with this thread

TBH
04-Oct-08, 01:05
Wrong? Maybe...but such semantics are irrelevant for my part. It might be a novelty...an intrigue...George's lad is the image of him when he was young, and Julian sounds much like his Dad. I'd be all for it...what they choose to call themselves matters not.

We should remember though that it was not as a performing beat combo that the fab four reached their zenith. It was in the songs they crafted seperately and together, and the many inspirational hours they spent in the studio guided by the tutelage of George Martin - their co-conspirator in world domination and ground breaking audio.I liked the Beatles but I wouldn't say they were ground-breaking. That is said, not with disrespect to them and what they achieved but an appreciation of what had gone before them and influenced them.

percy toboggan
04-Oct-08, 16:52
I liked the Beatles but I wouldn't say they were ground-breaking......

I'm sorry TBH, but this is quite the most ill-informed comment I have ever read on the .org.

The Beatles were 'not ground-breaking'?????????????????????????????????

No matter, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll just take your musical ones with a huge dollop of salt in future.:confused

Liz
04-Oct-08, 18:49
At this moment in time i am absolutly thrilled as boyzone(now no-one say a word) have reformed and have a new song coming out which i must same is brilliant, my question is what group would you like to see reforming.

I love Boyzone's new song and the video to go with it. I think it is one of their best.

Can't think of any other bands I would like to reform. Well not those that are alive anyway!:confused

MadPict
04-Oct-08, 18:50
Don't hold your breath on Led Zep... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7637372.stm)

percy toboggan
05-Oct-08, 13:22
I actually saw this video I think. They are all jigging about and hugging one another on the street?? I've seen worse. I wish them well with their reformation. I confess we have a c.d. of their greatest hits here, and although it's been several years since it got a spin, I remember it was quite pleasurable in parts.

balto
05-Oct-08, 13:22
I love Boyzone's new song and the video to go with it. I think it is one of their best.

Can't think of any other bands I would like to reform. Well not those that are alive anyway!:confusedtotally agree with you liz, it is so catchy,lets hope this wont be the last we hear of them,after all take that did so well when they reformed(new album out in time for xmas).