PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3.0.2 -tabs

Fluff
24-Sep-08, 19:53
I have just downloaded the above firefox today and changed my home page to google, but now when i click 'home' on the broswe, it opens a new tab taking me to the firefox start up page. does anyone know how i can turn this off, i have a look but it dosnt seem obvious. many thanks

blueivy
24-Sep-08, 20:05
I have just downloaded the above firefox today and changed my home page to google, but now when i click 'home' on the broswe, it opens a new tab taking me to the firefox start up page. does anyone know how i can turn this off, i have a look but it dosnt seem obvious. many thanks

Hi Fluff,

I believe this is by design and can't turn it off, except with add-ons.

I use the Tabs Mix Plus addon but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're comfortable with installing addons that are not part of Mozilla's official list (and I think it may still be in Beta). This does stop it (at least for me) however.

There is also an option under Tools->Options->Tabs which says New pages should be opened in - if you chance this to current tab does it make a difference?

Fluff
24-Sep-08, 20:08
Ah I have not gotten around to downloading my favourite add on yet. I will see if that makes any differnce.

Fluff
25-Sep-08, 11:02
I have found the problem. In the tools and options, under which home page to use it had the google site, but it also had the mozille firefox home page beside it. Once I removed this and it only have the google on it, it works!