PDA

View Full Version : Lost My Camera.

ferg
24-Sep-08, 11:19
Feel like a complete idiot but on Friday night (19th of September) I managed to leave my camera on one of the benches at Dwarick Pier. I went back on Saturday but it was gone so hopefully some one nice has picked it up.
The camera is a Casio EX-Z1050 in black, it's got a big memory card in it ( I think 4GB?) and is in a wee black case/bag from Tesco. What's worse than simply losing the camera is losing the 200 odd photos that I hadn't uploaded yet :~(
We've phoned the Police station and the hotel but with no luck, any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers.

arana negra
24-Sep-08, 12:34
I sincerely hope who ever picked it up realises the importance of the photos and hands it all in. All things crossed for the return of camera and card.

balto
24-Sep-08, 12:40
I sincerely hope who ever picked it up realises the importance of the photos and hands it all in. All things crossed for the return of camera and card.
same here, hope that you get your camera back and whoever picked it up mayby is trying to track you down and if they read this then they will get it to you, good luck in finding it.

George Brims
24-Sep-08, 17:48
I am told it's a good idea to have a sheet of paper with your name and address in big letters, and have that as the first picture on your memory chip, in case of such problems. I was probably told that by the person who said you should put your name and address inside your luggage as well as on the outside. I haven't done either. But you have to agree, they sound like good ideas.

pat
24-Sep-08, 20:08
Hope you manage to get your camera or at least the card returned - both would be good but one would be fine.

I put the sticky address labels on things I take out of the house - mobile, camera, binoculars, flasks, sticks, just about everything and anything has a sticky with my info on - if I do misplace it there is contact no. Labels go inside and on the outside of most things.

Have you tried the Groat or Courier?

balto
24-Sep-08, 21:15
I am told it's a good idea to have a sheet of paper with your name and address in big letters, and have that as the first picture on your memory chip, in case of such problems. I was probably told that by the person who said you should put your name and address inside your luggage as well as on the outside. I haven't done either. But you have to agree, they sound like good ideas.
swounds like a really good idea, must do that with my memory card the next time i clear it.

ferg
25-Sep-08, 13:54
Cheers guys. The picture of a card with all your info on it does sound like a really good idea George, will have to remember that one.
I haven't tried the Groat or the Courier yet but that sounds like good sense pat! Parents were phoning the police again last night so fingers crossed it's turned up...

Tristan
25-Sep-08, 21:03
I would be tempted to put a contact mobile rather than my address. If it is a good camera an oportune person might look at it as a good house to hit, especially if you lost the camera while on vacation...they know you are away so the house is empty...

rambo1978
25-Sep-08, 21:12
Really do hope you find it but I would summise that one of the tinklers, ahem I mean tinkers took it from a previous thread.

Good luck anyhow,

Best regards,

Rambo

unicorn
25-Sep-08, 21:19
dont give up too soon my daughter lost her purse and it was handed into the school a week later with all contents in it :D

balto
25-Sep-08, 21:26
dont give up too soon my daughter lost her purse and it was handed into the school a week later with all contents in it :Dth6t is really good, there isnt that many people left that would have done that, to many dishonest people around now.

Fran
26-Sep-08, 03:05
Cheers guys. The picture of a card with all your info on it does sound like a really good idea George, will have to remember that one.
I haven't tried the Groat or the Courier yet but that sounds like good sense pat! Parents were phoning the police again last night so fingers crossed it's turned up...

But dont put your address AND phone number on a card. that would be good for burglars to phone and check if you are out before robbing your house!!!

pat
26-Sep-08, 08:34
I use sticky labels as where I live neighbours can always give an exact description of folk and cars, even reg no, exact time they came and everything else. No chance of burglars getting away with it here - they would also have to take burglared goods on a 3 hour ferry crossing - dont think that is liable to happen because I am using sticky labels.
Nosey neighbours can be a dashed nuisance but nothing at all goes past them, doesn't matter what time of day or night someone is watching.

Hope you get the camera and card returned

Rheghead
26-Sep-08, 09:14
I'd say anybody finding a digital camera and then keeps it commits theft. Hopefully it will turn up.

Kevin Milkins
26-Sep-08, 10:18
Sorry you lost your camera and hope its returned. Dwarick is such a lovely place
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/09_03_5-1.jpg?t=1222420349 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)