PDA

View Full Version : Query

Tighsonas4
21-Sep-08, 18:31
was down at the loch near sarclet last week and this bird was first of all in the field then took off to a pole
it was black and much bigger than a buzzard flew in an effortless sort of fashion.. any ideas tony

silverfox57
21-Sep-08, 19:32
think it could have be eagle as here has been a few seen in caithness

Tighsonas4
21-Sep-08, 21:31
think it could have be eagle as here has been a few seen in caithness
thats actually what my son thought who was with me quite large anyway tony

kas
22-Sep-08, 18:11
There was an eagle hanging out down there abouts last year, it was a second year Golden Eagle. My friend a very experienced birdwatcher saw it quite a few times whilst carrying out bird survey work. There is always the possibility of Sea Eagles turning up too, it doesnt happen often but is possible.

northener
23-Sep-08, 08:18
I know a couple of people who say they have seen Golden Eagle around Yarrows - so there's every chance you were lucky enough to spot one.

Sea Eagles have a very distinctive white flash on their rump. I saw one up at Groats last summer.

kas
23-Sep-08, 17:06
I know a couple of people who say they have seen Golden Eagle around Yarrows - so there's every chance you were lucky enough to spot one.

Sea Eagles have a very distinctive white flash on their rump. I saw one up at Groats last summer.

Yes on the adults but the second year Golden Eagle hanging around Yarrows last summer also had a white flash on its rump.

Tighsonas4
27-Sep-08, 21:32
pity i didnt have a camera as could have got a good shot when he was on the ground tony