PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol at a party

dook
14-Sep-08, 21:45
My oldest boy is having his birthday party soon and asks if he and his mates could bring alcohol. What should I do? He's 3 and doesn't even have a job.

telfordstar
14-Sep-08, 22:01
My oldest boy is having his birthday party soon and asks if he and his mates could bring alcohol. What should I do? He's 3 and doesn't even have a job.

Im confused. 3?

Sapphire2803
14-Sep-08, 22:03
Im confused. 3?

It's a joke.....

WeeBurd
14-Sep-08, 22:07
I'd say at that age he'd be ok on the Babycham, he shouldn't get into too much trouble on that.

Not sure how he's going to pay for it without a job though... has he any skills that he could capitalize on - i.e. sweeping chimneys; fixing engines etc.?? :confused

Sapphire2803
14-Sep-08, 22:07

Get him out cleaning chimneys as soon as possible, the smaller they are the better and they earn more. Then you can use his wages to buy the party stuff. Let the adults take all the good stuff and the kids can work as waiters and make sure they appreciate the opportunity. If not, then beat them with a rubber hose.

dook
14-Sep-08, 22:08
It's a joke.....

He looks a lot older though, near 4 when he smokes.

northener
14-Sep-08, 22:09
Well, Dook. I'd say that he sounds like a well adjusted and mature young man.
Not many 3 year olds would bother to ask such a question, so I'd say let him have alcohol...as long as he is introduced to decent Single Malts and Brandies.

None of this alcopoop poop, that's for kids.

dook
14-Sep-08, 22:10
Well, Dook. I'd say that he sounds like a well adjusted and mature young man.
Not many 3 year olds would bother to ask such a question, so I'd say let him have alcohol...as long as he is introduced to decent Single Malts and Brandies.

None of this alcopoop poop, that's for kids.

More mature than his mum and she's near 12!

TBH
14-Sep-08, 22:11
He seems to be a level headed lad asking his dad's permission first.
Better that than going behind your back, well done Dook.

northener
14-Sep-08, 22:13
I'd hide his car keys though...better to be safe than sorry.

Sapphire2803
14-Sep-08, 22:17
And possibly take away his cigarettes and lighter, he could burn the house down whilst drunk

telfordstar
14-Sep-08, 22:23
It's a joke.....

Duh me..... sorry half asleep here

dook
14-Sep-08, 22:24
And possibly take away his cigarettes and lighter, he could burn the house down whilst drunk

We can always replace the tent. As long as he enjoys himself. It's all we can do

northener
14-Sep-08, 22:28
We can always replace the tent. As long as he enjoys himself. It's all we can do

Pyromania is a positive channel for a young chaps energies.
Who knows what horrors he may commit if he didn't have this healthy outlet for his youthful exhuberance.

joxville
14-Sep-08, 22:29
Learn from my experience Dook, post 44:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=32887&highlight=memory&page=3

dook
14-Sep-08, 22:34
Learn from my experience Dook, post 44:

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=32887&highlight=memory&page=3

Thanks Joxville. I'll pass on that kind advice to young Sheila. He'll love it.

Faithers Appprentice
14-Sep-08, 22:37
We used to have a great laugh getting the kids drunk at parties. There's nothing quite like a four year old doing the twist and picking a fight with his uncle.

blowfish
14-Sep-08, 22:37

I'd give him a punch

dook
14-Sep-08, 22:39
I'd give him a punch

Like Sangria and meths?

Faithers Appprentice
14-Sep-08, 22:40
Like Sangria and meths?

Ah, sangria and meths. Reminds me of the time we got a cheap holiday to Salou.

dook
14-Sep-08, 22:42
Ah, sangria and meths. Reminds me of the time we got a cheap holiday to Salou.

Tell all Fat Ap

blowfish
14-Sep-08, 22:45

your son sounds really lucky. He is 3 and doesn't even have a job. thats great he will be entitled to free satelitte television. an allowance for drink due to his addiction and will also get a Ford Cortina for the front garden.

Faithers Appprentice
14-Sep-08, 22:45
Tell all Fat Ap

What goes on tour stays on tour but it tasted quite sour

dook
14-Sep-08, 22:47
your son sounds really lucky. He is 3 and doesn't even have a job. thats great he will be entitled to free satelitte television. an allowance for drink due to his addiction and will also get a Ford Cortina for the front garden.

Yeah. We're blessed. Thank heavens it wasn't a girl. They're just trouble!