PDA

View Full Version : The Death Penalty

RandomHero
05-Jan-06, 21:10
Should these men, if found guilty, be given the death penalty(if it was legal, ofcourse)?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4585138.stm

Or are you against it?

I am just doing a wee bit of research and wondered what people thought. I know of people that say NO WAY to the death penalty being re-instated in this country but when it comes to crimes such as this they believe the culprits should be killed.

What do you rekon?

spiggie
05-Jan-06, 21:23
If found guilty then i think they should face the death penalty, it made me sick to the stomach to hear that they allegedly raped this toddler, how could anybody do anything so cruel, it just disgusts me! if they did this it just makes you think what else they could do!

connieb19
05-Jan-06, 21:24
Should these men, if found guilty, be given the death penalty(if it was legal, ofcourse)?

Or are you against it?

I am just doing a wee bit of research and wondered what people thought. I know of people that say NO WAY to the death penalty being re-instated in this country but when it comes to crimes such as this they believe the culprits should be killed.

What do you rekon?No words to desribe them....Definately the death penalty should be brought back!!

unicorn
05-Jan-06, 21:27
These people are sick beyond belief........... hangings too good for them!

Rheghead
05-Jan-06, 21:28

OK, I can see where this can go. If we can have an intelligent, calm, well responsed, non abusive discussion about punishments for child abuse or even the Death penalty in general then I will take part. Alas, recent history has proved that it is impossible on caithness.org so I am reluctant to do so.:rolleyes:

The answer is 'NO' just in case you wondered...

spiggie
05-Jan-06, 21:36
OK, I can see where this can go. If we can have an intelligent, calm, well responsed, non abusive discussion about punishments for child abuse or even the Death penalty in general then I will take part. Alas, recent history has proved that it is impossible on caithness.org so I am reluctant to do so.:rolleyes:

can you justify why you said no..? just wondering what the alternative would be for such an awful crime?

unicorn
05-Jan-06, 21:41
What I find scary is that on 2 occasions in a week 2 children have been taken from their own homes and sexually assaulted.... whether or not they are related crimes I don't know but these people are way too brave. I normally leave my door open when I am in the house but you don't seem safe doing that at all anymore.

RandomHero
05-Jan-06, 21:41

You don't have to bless us with your presence, Rheghead. Feedback from any member of the forum is valued just as much as yours.

If it be the case that these men should be killed, what other crimes do you think apply for the death penalty? Murder? Theft? Fraud? Illegal drug dealing? Drink drivers? Treason?

What if the three men are proven innocent and the families take the law into their own hands and murder the men? Should they be given the lethal injection?

JAWS
05-Jan-06, 21:44
Rheghead, unfortunately it's not only here that such subjects get over-heated.
I've always found that certain subjects cannot be discussed calmly because many people have strong emotionally held opinions on them.
More often than not the discussion descends rapidly into argument and then plummets into insults and abuse.
Perhaps this one won't, but I'm not very hopeful, time will tell however.

Mind you, when the "excusers" come out of the woodwork to try to tell me about the abusers' bad childhood and social deprivation and difficult lives then you will see steam coming out of my ears. In fact, you might hear the explosion which rapidly follows.

spiggie
05-Jan-06, 21:47
You don't have to bless us with your presence, Rheghead. Feedback from any member of the forum is valued just as much as yours.

If it be the case that these men should be killed, what other crimes do you think apply for the death penalty? Murder? Theft? Fraud? Illegal drug dealing? Drink drivers? Treason?

What if the three men are proven innocent and the families take the law into their own hands and murder the men? Should they be given the lethal injection?

This is where i think there will be arguments caused, although you have a good point. I really dont know how to answer this one my opinion would be that No, the families shouldnt be given the lethal injection as their crime would be far less than that of these men - or should i say monsters-

RandomHero
05-Jan-06, 21:54
I understand what you're saying. I have posted this argument but I do not know the answers. There is no black and white, only grey.

Who decides who gets the death penalty? Who would it be that we trust enough to decide between right and wrong? Death and life? Is it playing God?

If the families took the law in their own hands with regards to the three men, killed them and were then not given the death penalty, are we contradicting ourselves?

The three murdered men have mothers too.

landmarker
05-Jan-06, 22:57
?

I presume you mean the alleged rapists?
I am not pro-death penalty by any means however....
When three individuals can be so corrupt. and so devoid of any moral conscience as to abduct and rape a three year old girl I'm afraid they forfeit the right to breathe. Who is to say, if they had not been intercepted, that we would not have had a murder case here.

If indeed the mothers of these individuals are not clamouring for their execution then they too are damned in my book. Any parent of worth who had spawned such vile creatures would disown them at the very least.

Hyperbole or mass hysteria around the subject of paedophilia does make discussion difficult. This though was a crime beyond loathing. It knocked me sick. A rope is almost too good for them.

RandomHero
05-Jan-06, 23:02
Can mothers disown their children like that? Even if I turned out to be on the same par as Adolf Hitler my mother would still love me. Did Hitler deserve the rope? He didn't physically kill anyone, just commanded others to do it. What about Saddam? Bin Laden? Who decides what 'criminals' get the chop?

connieb19
05-Jan-06, 23:03
I presume you mean the alleged rapists?
I am not pro-death penalty by any means however....
When three individuals can be so corrupt. and so devoid of any moral conscience as to abduct and rape a three year old girl I'm afraid they forfeit the right to breathe. Who is to say, if they had not been intercepted, that we would not have had a murder case here.

If indeed the mothers of these individuals are not clamouring for their execution then they too are damned in my book. Any parent of worth who had spawned such vile creatures would disown them at the very least.

Hyperbole or mass hysteria around the subject of paedophilia does make discussion difficult. This though was a crime beyond loathing. It knocked me sick. A rope is almost too good for them.Im glad you have put into words what I was thinking..This girl and her family will never get over this.

landmarker
05-Jan-06, 23:09
Can mothers disown their children like that? Even if I turned out to be on the same par as Adolf Hitler my mother would still love me. Did Hitler deserve the rope? He didn't physically kill anyone, just commanded others to do it. What about Saddam? Bin Laden? Who decides what 'criminals' get the chop?

Did Hitler deserve the rope?
My only response to this is 'some mothers do ave 'em.

I suppose the fact that his masterplan involved the loss of some fifty million lives, including six million people gassed in death camps might sway a jury.
His cohorts , the ones who didn't have the courage to commit suicide were mostly executed. Their mothers I'm sure wept at the prospect. Deluded and stupid but mothers all the same. Shall we not have true justice to spare the tears of a mother ?

Alan

angela5
05-Jan-06, 23:09
These people are sick beyond belief........... hangings too good for them!

Torture springs to mind.

RandomHero
05-Jan-06, 23:18
Is torture the humane thing to do? We are supposed to be civilised. I am neither agreeing or disagreeing, just listening.

angela5
05-Jan-06, 23:20
Is torture the humane thing to do? We are supposed to be civilised. I am neither agreeing or disagreeing, just listening.

humane are you serious, do you think what they did was humane?

unicorn
05-Jan-06, 23:21
so how about life in prison and a loop of tape playing over and over and over forever of childrens screams to drive them insane and make sure they can never forget. (staged screams of course)..

angela5
05-Jan-06, 23:23
so how about life in prison and a loop of tape playing over and over and over forever of childrens screams to drive them insane and make sure they can never forget. (staged screams of course)..

Yes unicorn, while they were being tortured at the same time.

connieb19
05-Jan-06, 23:25
so how about life in prison and a loop of tape playing over and over and over forever of childrens screams to drive them insane and make sure they can never forget. (staged screams of course)..You mean in between three meals a day and all the home comforts!!

angela5
05-Jan-06, 23:28
They should be in cold,damp dungeons chained up and everyday the parents of the abused child can go in and torture them until they finally die a long painfull death.

unicorn
you have a point there connie, but you would slowly but surely destroy them mentally just as they have done to their victims and like their victims they would have to face it every day without escape from it.

RandomHero
I didn't say what they did was humane. I asked if torture is humane? to them, maybe or maybe not. is death not enough? or is it too much?

unicorn
05-Jan-06, 23:30
Death is the easy way out in my opinion. Pain, suffering and mental anguish are a far better punishment just as their victims have.

angela5
05-Jan-06, 23:30
I didn't say what they did was humane. I asked if torture is humane? to them, maybe or maybe not. is death not enough? or is it too much?

no you never,but you did ask is torture humane, i would'nt call instant death good enough they should suffer like they make there victims suffer.

connieb19
05-Jan-06, 23:35
Death is the easy way out in my opinion. Pain, suffering and mental anguish are a far better punishment just as their victims have.These sick monsters will et councelling and all the help they want, while the victim will be the person who has to live with this..
Maybe they should be set free to go.. Let the public deal with them!!
Or if they must stay in the comforts of prison why not use them to test out new drugs and stuff instead of using animals...

angela5
05-Jan-06, 23:36
These sick monsters will et councelling and all the help they want, while the victim will be the person who has to live with this..
Maybe they should be set free to go.. Let the public deal with them!!
Or if they must stay in the comforts of prison why not use them to test out new drugs and stuff instead of using animals...

yes testing out new drugs on them i agree.

RandomHero
05-Jan-06, 23:39
what if they are proven guilty but are actually innocent?

or if they are guilty, and are truly, genuinly sorry for what they have done. SHould they be allowed jail time instead of death? or can no-one be saved? perhaps living with what they have done is punishment enough?

interesting, because when the american alledgedly 'tortured' iraqi POWs, that was labelled as inhumane.

connieb19
05-Jan-06, 23:41
what if they are proven guilty but are actually innocent?

or if they are guilty, and are truly, genuinly sorry for what they have done. SHould they be allowed jail time instead of death? or can no-one be saved? perhaps living with what they have done is punishment enough?

interesting, because when the american alledgedly 'tortured' iraqi POWs, that was labelled as inhumane.Innocent...wern't they caught with the child in their car?

RandomHero
05-Jan-06, 23:43
let's say innocent for the purpose of discussion.

unicorn
05-Jan-06, 23:43
woah hold on there........ genuinely sorry!!!!! are you mad.... as a parent or the actual victim would you honestly care if they were sorry...I would hope they had dreams of the bowels of hell every night... personally I am not talking in general about criminals, I am talking about men in a car that crashed after being followed 80 miles with a 3 year old not much more than a baby in their car who had been abducted from her house and raped!! at the moment they look pretty guilty.

angela5
05-Jan-06, 23:46
let's say innocent for the purpose of discussion.

yes randomhero, arguement your loving it.

DNA would'nt the victim have that on their bodies?
are you going to say they can rape a child and leave no DNA for the sake of an arguement.

RandomHero
05-Jan-06, 23:48
i'm not saying they will be proven innocent, coz they wont. i'm just wondering for the purpose of the discussion. i'm trying to get at the point that what if an innocent man get's convicted of a crime he didn't commit (not nessecarily this incident) and was hung for it. Whers the justice or do people not care?

RandomHero
05-Jan-06, 23:49
yes randomhero, arguement your loving it.

DNA would'nt the victim have that on their bodies?
are you going to say they can rape a child and leave no DNA for the sake of an arguement.

This is all research. Stop making an argument out of this. I am not saying that these three men are innocent. I am using this as an example because I know people feel strongly about it. How many more times do I need to say it?

angela5
05-Jan-06, 23:52
This is all research. Stop making an argument out of this. I am not saying that these three men are innocent. I am using this as an example because I know people feel strongly about it. How many more times do I need to say it?

your telling me stop making an arguement when you said to connie' for arguements sake' i am only posting my view for your 'research'.

spiggie
05-Jan-06, 23:56
Death is the easy way out in my opinion. Pain, suffering and mental anguish are a far better punishment just as their victims have.

what about if they were made to suffer first, then were killed...? they would have to live with the fear that their days were numbered?

RandomHero
05-Jan-06, 23:57
you're going off the point. you're twisting words. I want to get back to the topic at hand. I think it's amazing how there is so much competetivness in these forums. This is a discussion. One that i hoped would be diplomatic and it was when it began but it is winding down to an end. I am studying currently and this is a topic with interests me alot and always has done, since school. I want to hear the people's voice, their opinions, not their insults.

connieb19
05-Jan-06, 23:57
i'm not saying they will be proven innocent, coz they wont. i'm just wondering for the purpose of the discussion. i'm trying to get at the point that what if an innocent man get's convicted of a crime he didn't commit (not nessecarily this incident) and was hung for it. Whers the justice or do people not care?I thought on this thread we were discussing these three men who abducted and raped a 3 year old. Why are you changing it into an argument about other cases?

angela5
05-Jan-06, 23:59
you're going off the point. you're twisting words. I want to get back to the topic at hand. I think it's amazing how there is so much competetivness in these forums. This is a discussion. One that i hoped would be diplomatic and it was when it began but it is winding down to an end. I am studying currently and this is a topic with interests me alot and always has done, since school. I want to hear the people's voice, their opinions, not their insults.

twisting words, how about changing words randomhero:rolleyes:

RandomHero
06-Jan-06, 00:01
what about if they were made to suffer first, then were killed...? they would have to live with the fear that their days were numbered?

some one, not nessecarily me, could argue that then we have became the monsters. (I am not defending these people in any ways, i am just trying to see it from everyones point of view). who knows what happens after death? perhaps it is worse than torture.

unicorn
06-Jan-06, 00:01
I thought on this thread we were discussing these three men who abducted and raped a 3 year old. Why are you changing it into an argument about other cases?
Thats what I thought also connie. If you wanted a general discussion why bring this particular case up??

ice box
06-Jan-06, 00:04
Tie them up and let them bleed to death the don't deserve anthing better . it make my blood boil hearing and reading that .

RandomHero
06-Jan-06, 00:04
because it is an example or a crime that I knew people would feel strongly about. if i just said 'what do you think of the death penalty', half of your comments would be so different. Some would be against it, but when you bring in a crime that effects them, they change instantly. you may not agree with that but you'll be suprised how it is true to certain people.

"I am just doing a wee bit of research and wondered what people thought. I know of people that say NO WAY to the death penalty being re-instated in this country but when it comes to crimes SUCH AS this they believe the culprits should be killed.

What do you rekon?"

there is nothing more detestable than being quoted, but that is what i said at the start. if you want to talk just about that crime, open another thread. don't fill up this one with what you THOUGHT this thread was about.

connieb19
06-Jan-06, 00:06
Thats what I thought also connie. If you wanted a general discussion why bring this particular case up??Exactly and why did randomhero use the words"for arguments sake" and then go back and change them, then say he's not looking for an argument...:rolleyes:

angela5
06-Jan-06, 00:07
Exactly and why did randomhero use the words"for arguments sake" and then go back and change them, then say he's not looking for an argument...:rolleyes:

Thank you connie he did try to make me look like the trouble maker

RandomHero
06-Jan-06, 00:09
i am not trying to make anyone a trouble maker. 'for arguments sake' is just a phrase used in discussion, i don't want insults and shouting. that's not what i am getting at. if you have things to say to each other, then PM each other. don't fill up the board please but if you wish to be part of this discussion, i would greatly appreciate your opinion and comments.

unicorn
06-Jan-06, 00:10
so after going back and reading your original post I assume you want a straight yes no answer to whether they should die and you expected people to have no feeling about such a horrendous crime......... unbelievable....

angela5
I understand what you're saying. I have posted this argument but I do not know the answers. There is no black and white, only grey.

Who decides who gets the death penalty? Who would it be that we trust enough to decide between right and wrong? Death and life? Is it playing God?

If the families took the law in their own hands with regards to the three men, killed them and were then not given the death penalty, are we contradicting ourselves?

grrrrr! another post with ' i have posted this argument' ;)

connieb19

Or are you against it?

What do you rekon?Was it not you, Random ero who posted this. Asking whether these men should be given the death penalty. now you are saying you were not talking about this case...Excuse me for being confused:confused:

RandomHero
06-Jan-06, 00:13
but do you not understand that argument does not mean shouting and swearing. it's another word for discussion. everything has two sides and you argue each side. you don't be nasty or malicious. I am not.

and of course i knew people would have feelings about this crime, thats why i said it. why can't we have a discussion on the board without it turning into a competative, nit picking, slagging match. I want to hear the voice of people in caithness. people are taking all of this the wrong way.

angela5
06-Jan-06, 00:13
because it is an example or a crime that I knew people would feel strongly about. if i just said 'what do you think of the death penalty', half of your comments would be so different. Some would be against it, but when you bring in a crime that effects them, they change instantly. you may not agree with that but you'll be suprised how it is true to certain people.

"I am just doing a wee bit of research and wondered what people thought. I know of people that say NO WAY to the death penalty being re-instated in this country but when it comes to crimes SUCH AS this they believe the culprits should be killed.

What do you rekon?"

there is nothing more detestable than being quoted, but that is what i said at the start. if you want to talk just about that crime, open another thread. don't fill up this one with what you THOUGHT this thread was about.

:confused: this is getting pointless you don't know what you are doing randomhero 'research' or 'stirring'

RandomHero
06-Jan-06, 00:14
Was it not you, Random ero who posted this. Asking whether these men should be given the death penalty. now you are saying you were not talking about this case...Excuse me for being confused:confused:

This case is an example. Because when discussing the death penalty, often people mention crimes. because believe it or not, they are linked. this crime is current and i know people feel strongly about it.

unicorn
06-Jan-06, 00:15
That is my voice you hear and those are my feelings. I am a mother and of course I find this type of crime horrific. I am not shouting or swearing and I have not seen any shouting and swearing. I have seen genuine human emotion.

angela5
06-Jan-06, 00:15
but do you not understand that argument does not mean shouting and swearing. it's another word for discussion. everything has two sides and you argue each side. you don't be nasty or malicious. I am not.

and of course i knew people would have feelings about this crime, thats why i said it. why can't we have a discussion on the board without it turning into a competative, nit picking, slagging match. I want to hear the voice of people in caithness. people are taking all of this the wrong way.

it only turned a little when you started changing words, and turning the thread a little:rolleyes:

GOODNIGHT ALL.

connieb19
06-Jan-06, 00:17

and of course i knew people would have feelings about this crime, thats why i said it. why can't we have a discussion on the board without it turning into a competative, nit picking, slagging match. I want to hear the voice of people in caithness. people are taking all of this the wrong way.your the only one mentioning arguments. I think this thread has gone far enough. You are the one who turned this disgusting crime into an argument..HAVE SOME RESPECT....I am no longer prepared to be drawn into your Argument" or homework or whatever you want to call it. You dragged this thread up for "arguments sake".(your own words). Have you no compassion?

RandomHero
06-Jan-06, 00:19
should we ignore crimes? no. this is what forums are for. are we supposed to stay quiet about this incident? who has no compassion now?

connieb19
06-Jan-06, 00:24
PLEASE Randomhero, I have said I have finished this discussion on this thread. What makes you think I want to carry on your "Argument" by pm'ing me???:confused: I am not interested in your arguments IS THAT CLEAR.

RandomHero
06-Jan-06, 00:27
well connie, stop posting on it.

unicorn
06-Jan-06, 00:30
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=4808&highlight=death+penalty
Maybe you missed this thread a few weeks ago. If it is research you are after you may find something in it to interest you.

RandomHero
06-Jan-06, 00:32
thank you for that unicorn. i think it's interesting how some people were dead against it in that thread, but if they saw this thread i wonder if they would have changed their mind. thank you again

Rheghead
06-Jan-06, 02:26
Let me be the voice of reason.

When I see evidence in this thread that separates our need for mob justice from what we should have as real justice then let give me a pm. Upto now, I just see a load of mobsters bickering amongst themselves.

Steely Eyed Tortoise
06-Jan-06, 07:38
I dont think we can say we live in a civilized society anymore with things like these happeneing ..

As for the organisms involved in this (wouldnt call them Animals .. insult to Animals) if they are found guilty by a jury of their peers then hang them high .. I wouldnt shed a tear over them.

Just glad they were caught when they were, before they possibly killed that wee lassie.

brandy
06-Jan-06, 10:38
personally speaking as a mother .. and someone who has been told what goes on in prison systems.. (well american anyway*G*)
def life at least and make sure they are in a cell with men who have children .. and lets see how long they last.
prisoners may be criminals but they also have families.. and most of them have children whom they love very much.
and men survive by the law of the jungle so to speak in prison and have their own laws.. and guards tend to turn a blind eye to lot of things.. just remember the majority of prisoners are not murderes and psycos..
however if someone had done that to my child i wouldnt care if i did spend the rest of my life behind bars if i could get them they would pray for death..
vengence is mine sayeth me

Boozeburglar
06-Jan-06, 11:23
Regardless of all the opinions being given here, the shocking reality is that these guys will probably be out of prison within ten years unless there is evidence of other crimes.

That really is the shocking thing about our 'justice' system.

:(

landmarker
06-Jan-06, 20:28
Regardless of all the opinions being given here, the shocking reality is that these guys will probably be out of prison within ten years unless there is evidence of other crimes.

That really is the shocking thing about our 'justice' system.

:(

Someone, somewhere, should be waiting to greet them in a particularly covert, and careful way.

If our system cannot keep such perverts incarcerated for life for such an alleged crime as this then it's time the system was changed.

I've seen nothing written here to change my mind. The noose was invented for scum like this. I do not hold with calls for torture, or allowing the family to torment them - we cannot, as a society reduce ourselves to their bestial level.

Gleber2
07-Jan-06, 01:58
As I said in another thread, we cannot impose a death sentence on anyone in the light of the number of mistakes that have been made over the years when we have imprisoned or executed those who were completely innocent.
The justice system stinks,our legal system stinks and prisons are useless. We need completely safe lie detectors and an international DNA database to ensure that no mistakes are made.. Have you noticed how many of our Judges have the florrid colour and the demeanour of an alcoholic and our justice system is a trial by post code.

unicorn
07-Jan-06, 02:00
Well I suppose it has improved a little up here am I right in my memory of a judge up here once telling a man to buy his wife flowers and say sorry after being charged for assaulting her???

connieb19
07-Jan-06, 02:01
Well I suppose it has improved a little up here am I right in my memory of a judge up here once telling a man to buy his wife flowers and say sorry after being charged for assaulting her???that's awful..but so believable for up here!!

Gleber2
07-Jan-06, 02:26
Subsequent to my previous post I have read the entire thread and I am now aware of the true subject of this thread. However, my points remain the same.We have no right to take anyone's life,irregardless of their crimes. I have always been a believer in the law of kharma and we all get what we deserve,from the saints to the worst killers,in the end. I am sure that the mothers of the children killed and maimed in Iraq feel the same about the army that killed them as the familly of the child under discussion. In the good old days they would have been gelded and these days they could be lobotomised but what would it achieve.Ten years as a nonce(or beast as they are called in prison) is ten years of continual ostracism and daily torture
from everyone and the more heinous the crime the worse the torture. There is even a sliding scale of seriousness and other nonces will attack another nonce if they think that some-one is more disgusting than them.Believe me,they are more likely to want to be executed than subjected to the life of a beast in prison.

RandomHero
07-Jan-06, 12:01
I agree. I believe that the death penalty is morally wrong. I think our justice system has many holes and some prisoners seem to live in luxury when in jail. Crimes are taken too lightly and sentences don't seem to be as long as they should, be it murder, rape,treason or even drug dealing or possesion. It needs to be sorted out.

Boozeburglar
07-Jan-06, 13:18
I believe that the death penalty is morally wrong.

I couldn't really apply that to the idea of a family taking the law into their own hands and ending the life of a killer of one of their own.

If the state is to do it on their behalf is there a huge difference?

I am thinking particularly of the moors murderers, and the Soham case, etc.

;)

Gleber2
07-Jan-06, 15:21
Prison,to the majority of people inside,is a holiday.We(Scotland)have the highest prison population in Europe and the highest number of repeat offenders. Drug dealers and users can get as much drugs as they want inside so what is the point of puting them in jail. The cost to the taxpayer is approximately £27000 per year per prisoner. Bringing back the birch would be a far better deterrent.Jail is easy these days but hardly a luxury.

philupmaboug
07-Jan-06, 15:31
I agree, we should bring back the birch and make jail a place that people do not want to go to. There is no respect for the law or the police we should give the law higher penalties and the police more open powers as at the moment thier hands are nearly tied.

landmarker
07-Jan-06, 16:15
Ten years as a nonce(or beast as they are called in prison) is ten years of continual ostracism and daily torture
from everyone and the more heinous the crime the worse the torture. There is even a sliding scale of seriousness and other nonces will attack another nonce if they think that some-one is more disgusting than them.Believe me,they are more likely to want to be executed than subjected to the life of a beast in prison.

At last, some good news.
Not that I rejoice in low-life having a target for their aggression but for the knowledge that regularly these creatures will be minded of what they have done. If the state cannot give them what they deserve then issue extra strong and extra long shoelaces for their prison boots. They might have the courage
to end it all. We'd all be better off if they did.

Gleber2
07-Jan-06, 16:32
Many of them do end it all.In some prisons the sex offenders are kept separate from the main prison population and gain strength from their numbers but it can be said that living under such conditions for ten years is a form of torture. Much deserved!!!!

marion
08-Jan-06, 04:32
I have always been a proponent for supporting the death penalty. However, a recent event in the USA where a person was executed several years ago for a murder has come to light again. The person, when he was executed, proclaimed innoscence and stated that when the evidence came out showing his innoscence hoped that the courts would re-look executions. A judge has authorized the use of DNA to shed light on that case of several years ago. If the evidence does show that the wrong person was executed for that murder, it will cast a lot of doubt on the death penalty.

Gleber2
09-Jan-06, 00:34
I believe there is no greater torture practiced anywhere on the planet than the American practice of keeping condemned muderers on Death Row for years and years.Under no circumstances are we within our rights to kill another human based the conclusions of a flawed police force and a corrupt judiciary.Too many mistakes have been made!!

Whitewater
09-Jan-06, 00:55
Too many mistakes have been made in the past and many innocent people have been wrongly put to death. However, that does not allow the present justice system to be too lenient as is happening now in many cases. The police after catching murderers, rapists, drug suppliers etc. often despair at the minor punishments given out after they have spent a lot of time and effort bringing thugs and criminals to what should be punishment to suit the crime.
There is too much made of the human rights of prisoners now, they seem to forget about the rights of the victims who in many cases have had all their rights removed forever, and nobody seems to give a damn.