PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate name

hotrod4
07-Sep-08, 14:39
While reading the Sunday Mail came a cross an article that mentioned people getting ripped off on their mobile contract. One of the unfortunate gentlemen was named Mr Bartholomew Simpson!!! I bet he gets stick everyday for that one!! ;)

Nibbler
07-Sep-08, 14:44
Good one Hotrod4

Took me a mo tho - was thinking why???? Then the penny dropped - doh :roll:

justine
07-Sep-08, 14:52
There was a guy in either America or England not sure, but he was stopped by the police for a minor traffic offence and ended up being taken to the police station so they could verify his name.

after many times of asking i believe they finally accepted what he was telling them.
His name is Mr Donald Duck:D

hotrod4
07-Sep-08, 14:57
Also remember o guy from a few years ago who came from skye. We all know alot of Islanders have the surname Mcleod or Macdonald. This poor unfortunate chaps surname was Macdonald first name Ronald!!! ;)

arana negra
07-Sep-08, 15:04
Also remember o guy from a few years ago who came from skye. We all know alot of Islanders have the surname Mcleod or Macdonald. This poor unfortunate chaps surname was Macdonald first name Ronald!!! ;)

ARGHHH I was married to a chap with same name!

justine
07-Sep-08, 15:06
This is a real guy with a real name..These are his own words.

"Gay Richardson, West Anstey
I have great problems with my name - for some 20 years since it became the accepted name for a male homosexual I can't introduce myself as "Hello I'm Gay" without a smirk. I often have serious problems with sending or receiving e-mails as they are blocked by a spam filter which obviously has decided that I am writing something undesirable."

pat
07-Sep-08, 15:13
donald duck used to be a GP on the west coast - think it was Mallaig - he had his name before cartoon character.

Rheghead
07-Sep-08, 15:30
ARGHHH I was married to a chap with same name!

Ah, but did he have time for you?

Kevin Milkins
07-Sep-08, 17:01
I have milked cows for a lot of my working life :~( and have heard all the jokes:lol::confused

Amy-Winehouse
07-Sep-08, 17:25
Anyone had the pleasure of working with a Mr Richard Head???

Melancholy Man
07-Sep-08, 17:36
Let's not forget the Orcadian variation of Thwaite.

There was a guy in either America or England not sure, but he was stopped by the police for a minor traffic offence and ended up being taken to the police station so they could verify his name.

after many times of asking i believe they finally accepted what he was telling them.
His name is Mr Donald Duck:D

Could that have been the GP from the West-Coast? Last time I checked, he was still alive (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4105265.stm).

northener
07-Sep-08, 19:55
There's a Funeral Directors' in Blackpool called Box Brothers......

Sapphire2803
07-Sep-08, 19:58
I know a chap who used to DJ in Portsmouth, his name is Richard Head, thankfully everyone calls him Rich.
I also know a guy called Mike Hunt. :lol:
My son went to school with a kid called Joe King.

Some parents should be shot :lol:

Mik.M.
07-Sep-08, 20:02
I know a chap who used to DJ in Portsmouth, his name is Richard Head, thankfully everyone calls him Rich.
I also know a guy called Mike Hunt. :lol:
My son went to school with a kid called Joe King.

Some parents should be shot :lol
I had an Area Director called Mike Hunt when I worked for Harcros down south,he made sure he was addressed as Michael Hunt. Some people have no sense of humour!!

Lumberjack
07-Sep-08, 23:44
I remember, a few years ago, on Have I Got News For You, they extracted some amusement from an unfortunate bloke from New Zealand with the name Michael Ichyanus.

Now, how you wish to pronounce his surname, I will leave to your discretion.

2little2late
07-Sep-08, 23:50
Wonder if Samantha Janus, (the actress who place Ronnie Mitchell in Eastenders) has a brother called Hugh. [lol]

tigger2u
08-Sep-08, 00:33
I know a Meno Singh.

Ona simular note though, there was a house near me that wouldnt sell for ages. But is it any wonder when you hear the glasgow accent saying the house address id 1(wan) kerr place [lol]

router
08-Sep-08, 02:04
guy from my home town got caught by police speeding down a road weaving about,it was found he had a few he was asked for his name,
'James Bond 'he replied.
he had no ID on him so they stuck him in a cell before going to his home and speaking to his oh.
this was his name!

TBH
08-Sep-08, 02:19
I P Freely was a real person believe it or not.

Kevin Milkins
08-Sep-08, 02:25

Yes I have.
He is a potatoe merchant from Alverly near Kidderminster:D and to make things even better , He has a brother named Bill.:lol: and I am not jokeing

Kevin Milkins
08-Sep-08, 02:48
Sorry folks ,I got it wrong.
It was Bill and Tony.:confused
W F Heads & Sons. Potato Merchants (http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A1f4cfQ5g8RIxBQAEa9LBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTE1M2xpN2k 2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2lyZAR2dGlkA1VLMDI2NF8yN jQ-/SIG=11g49od8n/EXP=1220924601/**http%3A//heads-potatoes.co.uk/)

kriklah
08-Sep-08, 07:53
feel sorry for the poor boy whos parents, Mr & Mrs Peacock named their son Drew, true story that, was in the news.

and my sister had a teacher called Richard Head

Lolabelle
08-Sep-08, 13:19

We truly do have a Dr Richard Head in Australia's CSIRO!!!!

And I went to school with a girl called Theresa Greene, I kid you not!:Razz

Amy-Winehouse
08-Sep-08, 13:35
Mick Nutter that ran Hagars bar in Wick, well his kids were named Adam Nutter & Theresa Nutter :)

mccaugm
08-Sep-08, 13:36
donald duck used to be a GP on the west coast - think it was Mallaig - he had his name before cartoon character.

His son also became the local doctor and was also Dr Donald Duck. An appropriate name for a "Quack".:Razz

telfordstar
08-Sep-08, 14:28
I P Freely was a real person believe it or not.

No way, now reading that made me laugh:lol:

Rheghead
08-Sep-08, 15:06
My cousin is called Jade Green.:eek:

AfternoonDelight
08-Sep-08, 15:13
There are a couple in Canada - Mr and Mrs House, who had two lovely children - the girl was called Wendy and the son was called Maxwell...

:lol:

True story...

George Brims
09-Sep-08, 01:35
I worked with an electronics engineer named Sparks.

And at the same place, a Dr Hills, whose wife was called Beverley.

And a mechanical engineer called Case, first name Justin.

honey
09-Sep-08, 08:57
Mick Nutter that ran Hagars bar in Wick, well his kids were named Adam Nutter & Theresa Nutter :)

:lol: You beat me to it. I used to work with Adam, and he would complain about the trouble filling in forms, or ordering stuff on the phone cause people didnt beleive that was his name! :lol:

johno
09-Sep-08, 14:01
spot on. i used to deliver hospital letter,s to raigmore for him.
ha called his son donald also. guess he was a quack.

joxville
09-Sep-08, 15:06
Years ago when I worked in RAE Farnborough I was asked to deliver some equipment to the medical centre, for attention of Dr Death. I thought someone was taking the 'p' so didn't bother going. Later, when I was told I had to go, I found out the name was pronounced De 'ath. :)

Iffy
09-Sep-08, 15:18
Yes I have.
He is a potatoe merchant from Alverly near Kidderminster:D and to make things even better , He has a brother named Bill.:lol: and I am not jokeing

No, you're right, YOU are Kevin Milkins - NOT Joe King:lol:

Iffy
09-Sep-08, 15:28
Yes I have.

No, you're right, YOU are Kevin Milkins, NOT Joe King !!!:lol:

Iffy
09-Sep-08, 15:30
Hey sorry people

Haven't quite got the hang of this infernal machine yet !!!!!!!!:roll:

scorrie
09-Sep-08, 15:51
I remember, a few years ago, on Have I Got News For You, they extracted some amusement from an unfortunate bloke from New Zealand with the name Michael Ichyanus.

Now, how you wish to pronounce his surname, I will leave to your discretion.

After years of attending to his "condition" with an extended digit, did he change his name to Ivor Brown-Gussett?

scorrie
09-Sep-08, 16:04
20 odd years ago there was a jump jockey with an eye-catching moniker. He now works in horse sales and has his own website:-

Sadly the auto censor won't allow a link to his website. So here is another one where he is mentioned:-

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-84890558.html

He was tactfully referred to by commentators of the day as "B'stad", just like the New Statesman character Alan.

hotrod4
09-Sep-08, 16:09
20 odd years ago there was a jump jockey with an eye-catching moniker. He now works in horse sales and has his own website:-

http://www.malcolm#####################.com/

He was tactfully referred to as B'stad just like the New Statesman character Alan.

Seems we cant view? Must be a naughty word or in there ;)

scorrie
09-Sep-08, 16:14
Seems we cant view? Must be a naughty word or in there ;)

Nah, just wishful thinking on your part ;)

hotrod4
09-Sep-08, 16:21
Nah, just wishful thinking on your part ;)

Nothing wishful here,just wondering what was behind the masking,but will check out the link.(Hope i wont be offended;))

Sapphire2803
09-Sep-08, 16:36
You can view it

Here (http://tinyurl.com/5gguak)

Tilter
09-Sep-08, 16:39
I used to work with a Mr Richard Fiddler.

My daughter had a teacher whose name I'd get suspended from the Org for probably. He was American (of German extraction) and in German I suppose it would be pronounced "Vanker" but since he was American he pronounced it with a W. He would phone me and say "Dr. W___________ here" and I could never stop sniggering.

I went to school with a Hazel Wood.

Kevin Milkins
09-Sep-08, 16:47
Hey sorry people

Haven't quite got the hang of this infernal machine yet !!!!!!!!:roll:

Now that your hooked Iffy , you will make the time to practise.lol:lol:

Solitare is done for .;)

hotrod4
09-Sep-08, 17:16

Sadly the auto censor won't allow a link to his website. So here is another one where he is mentioned:-

He was tactfully referred to by commentators of the day as "B'stad", just like the New Statesman character Alan.

What were his parents thinking giving him that name!!!

hotrod4
09-Sep-08, 17:18
Does Ian Botham have an Alexander or Sandy in his family hope not sounds painful ;)

joxville
09-Sep-08, 17:43

You've reminded me of some more who worked in RAE Farnborough. There was a gent also with same name as you mentioned although his was pronounced as you would expect it to be, and a Mr Christmas.

porshiepoo
09-Sep-08, 18:01
A member of my family many years ago was called Fanny Hooker :eek:

unicorn
09-Sep-08, 18:17
I had a few odd ones from call centre days. Miss Thelma Fani, Mr Nasty B you can fill that blank, Mr I Mahboob

Kevin Milkins
09-Sep-08, 19:48
A member of my family many years ago was called Fanny Hooker :eek:

I bet she got into a right flap when people called her that. :D

scorrie
09-Sep-08, 20:48
Good film, didn't realise the author until slightly later:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/fried.jpg

scorrie
09-Sep-08, 20:54
What were his parents thinking giving him that name!!!

I assume he inherited his father's surname, just like everyone else!!

Unless I am missing the point here and "Malcolm" is a really hilarious name?

Touche!!

TBH
09-Sep-08, 20:58
No way, now reading that made me laugh:lol:
Here's another:
Les Plack the dentist:
http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2000/02/34112

twiglet
09-Sep-08, 21:10
I worked in the health service for a while. We had a large Chinese community who gave their children less than traditional names. I met a Snow White who's brother was called Ayrton Senna. Elsewhere I've also met an Anesthesia, Phantom and a Rogue Furlong. A common name in the Chinese community is a F swear word followed by You. Imagine having that as a name and being pulled over by the police.

My English teacher was called Mrs Brolly and I worked with A Bridge.

At college there was a change of faculty head. Mr Hand was taking over from Mr Head as of........ how we laughed at that memo!

Saveman
10-Sep-08, 09:58
My sister knew someone called Tamara Knight

evelyn
09-Oct-08, 23:45
There was a Sister Coil who was a in charge of the maternity ward I worked in!! She had no kids herself!!
evelyn

Melancholy Man
09-Oct-08, 23:49

Similar to Fitz-, then. I wonder if his father was called Dean Freedman.

Kenn
10-Oct-08, 10:13
Had an elderly customer called Mr Shufflebottam at one place I worked.

Fluff
10-Oct-08, 10:47
We had an 11 year old girl at work last week called Holly Potter. We always get a sweet girl in about this time of year too called Holly Christmas.

Gizmo
10-Oct-08, 11:56
Front page of todays Groat is a picture of a top Scottish chef who prepared food at the 'Taste Of Caithness & Sutherland' event in Mackays Hotel....his name is Tom Kitchin :lol: you couldnt make it up :D

golach
10-Oct-08, 14:13
Front page of todays Groat is a picture of a top Scottish chef who prepared food at the 'Taste Of Caithness & Sutherland' event in Mackays Hotel....his name is Tom Kitchin :lol: you couldnt make it up :D
He is a famous chef

http://www.rampantscotland.com/besteating/best_eating_dev_kitchin.htm

JAWS
11-Oct-08, 23:16
I know some parents really need treatment. One of my teachers at school was D I Morgan. No prizes for his nickname.

I came across one unfortunate soul with the surname, Kermode. Strangely enough when he got married he changed his name to Smythe. I still wonder what caused him to suddenly decide to do that.

Tristan
12-Oct-08, 08:22
Lets not forget poor old Richard Head - I was going to say he had a hard time at school but thought better of it.

Ricco
12-Oct-08, 10:39
I once taught a lad whose parents shoudl have been locked away. Their suname was Ling and they called the poor lad Karl! :confused