PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Photo

molly
05-Sep-08, 19:58
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how much an aerial photo of your house would cost framed?????

footie chick
05-Sep-08, 20:09
I'm sure I got a quote a couple of years ago of around £300.00?? but he did say that if there are a few wanting it done it would be cheaper

http://www.scotaviaimages.co.uk/index.html

Rheghead
05-Sep-08, 21:04
£300??? :eek:

About £30 I would have thought to be reasonable.

hotrod4
05-Sep-08, 21:08
Think there was something on here before. May have been in the business section, but not sure.

Amy-Winehouse
05-Sep-08, 21:23
I took a pic from the plane 4 years ago and it looks ok, I was amazed that it took such a clear photo but I think It would be worth the £30 to get it done by others

joxville
05-Sep-08, 21:57
You could buy one of those trial flights with you at the controls and take your camera along with you. I've no idea how much they cost though.

YummyMummy
05-Sep-08, 22:06
I was quoted £165.00 + VAT when I enquired with a photographer a few months back. As luck would have it, on Friday 22 August, a guy knocked at the door and sold me one of my house for £35 in the frame! Serious.

The company were in the area and he told me that every house was taken(they dot themselves round the UK, and this summer they were doing the Highlands).

I live in Groats. He didn't leave a card and there's nothing on the back of the picture :confused, anyone else know the name of the company???

bekisman
05-Sep-08, 22:07
Could try Wick Airport: http://www.farnorthaviation.co.uk/training.html

"It costs only £65 to have a 20 min flight at the controls of our Cessna 172P, plus with 4 seats in the plane you can bring 2 passengers with you free of charge."

benji
05-Sep-08, 23:09
If you are interested in a historical perspective and want to see old aerial photos of your area then follow these links:

http://www.rcahms.gov.uk/search.html

Scroll down to near bottom and "AirPhotoFinder". You can't view images online but it will tell you availability. The helpdesk are also very useful, even if you can't use the GIS interface.

(NB these are vertical photos rather then oblique)

TBH
05-Sep-08, 23:15
Ask GrantyG if he has any arial photos of your area in his Kite Cam photos collection.

dunny
06-Sep-08, 01:48
I got an aerial photo of my house for my Christmas last year (so I don't know how much it cost, but would guess <£60), but it was done by one of those guys who takes photos of every house, then comes along with a photo to get you to buy it.

There is an address and phone number on the back of the frame, so assuming it is the guy who took the photo and not the framer (!) the contact details are as follows:

J Phillis
Baddock Cottage
Upper Carse, Ardersier,
Inverness IV2 7QX
01667 462070
mob 07974 794475

Hope this helps

molly
07-Sep-08, 13:40
Thanks everyone for your replies....I bought the photo that the guy came round with for £40. Probably should of haggled with him but didn't bother. I will be more prepared another time. He said he would be back in the highlands in 8 years time....

Fran
08-Sep-08, 02:27
i phoned a local man who is doing aeriel pictures, and left a message but he hasn;t bothered to get back to me.

Lolabelle
08-Sep-08, 13:25
Ask GrantyG if he has any arial photos of your area in his Kite Cam photos collection.

I was thinking the same thing :D

teenybash
08-Sep-08, 13:58
Man selling ariel photographs was in Watten today...pic costs £35.....

alistair harper
08-Sep-08, 14:29
I was quoted £165.00 + VAT when I enquired with a photographer a few months back. As luck would have it, on Friday 22 August, a guy knocked at the door and sold me one of my house for £35 in the frame! Serious.

The company were in the area and he told me that every house was taken(they dot themselves round the UK, and this summer they were doing the Highlands).

I live in Groats. He didn't leave a card and there's nothing on the back of the picture :confused, anyone else know the name of the company???

hi what size was the frame small 6x4 or large 24x24
thanks

YummyMummy
08-Sep-08, 18:02
It was 18 x 13.