PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Camera Club New Season starts 1st September

futurelegends
01-Sep-08, 12:49
Thurso Camera Club (www.thursocameraclub.co.uk) has been running for more years than you may care to remember and with the advent of Digital Photography
It seems that it has taken a major leap in popularity and its swelling membership reflects this.

It now has members from all walks of life travelling from throughout Caithness and Sutherland to our meetings in Thurso.

Martina's Cross LBPPA (Web Site: www.martinacrossphotography.co.uk ) had great success in the SWPP awards - Martina managed to gain the award for SWPP UK Best overall Photographer 3rd place, Best Fine Art, Best Pictorial Photographer and Best Wildlife Photographer 2007. A very skilled and talented member she has only been serious about photography since 2005.

This year club Members had great success at the Caithness County Show 2008 winning prizes in many of the Photographic Sections with James Gunn lifting a trophy for his efforts.

Thurso Camera Club Meets every 1st and 3rd Monday of the Month (September to April) in Miller Academy (Princes Street entrance), Thurso at 7pm for a 7:30 Start.

During the Summer, Club Members meet locally and have an outing to a local spot once a Month when they can bounce ideas off of each other about the best approach to help create a better image.

Everyone is welcome, you don’t have to be a digital camera user, so why don’t you come along and see what we’re all about.

It could seriously improve your photography.

PM me for further information if required.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Meetings:

Sept 1st Subject: Ken Crossan:58 Degrees North
Competition: Photograph 'From the Summer'

Sept 15th Subject: Martina Cross: Composition/Landscape
Highland Challenge Selection (1st Round)

Raven
01-Sep-08, 13:41
Thurso Camera Club wants YOU!!!

futurelegends
01-Sep-08, 14:02
Thurso Camera Club wants YOU!!!

It could definitely need Raven on the 15th September

North Light
01-Sep-08, 15:03
Will get there tonight if I can, if not will be there on the 15th, also plan to be at Dunnet Beach on the 8th subject to weather (hoping for a late summer in September!).

Raven
01-Sep-08, 15:43
I think I am gonna skip the one on the 15th though :-)))

@Northlight well, we will finally meet then. (Not only faaaar away on Dunnet Beach :-))

trinkie
02-Sep-08, 07:52
Do you have any early photos of the club and members, taken in the mid 1950s? My father was a founder member.

Trinkie

cazmanian_minx
02-Sep-08, 07:56
So sorry I couldn't make it last night :~( We only got back from Inverness at 4.30 and the thought of adding another 50 mile round trip onto the 270 miles I'd already driven was just a step too far. I will do my utmost to be there on the 15th though.

futurelegends
07-Sep-08, 14:17
Next Meetings: New Members Welcome.

Monday 8th Sept - Photo-shoot at Dunnet beach. Meet at the Dunnet beach camp site carpark at 7pm. Fingers crossed for a nice sunset.

Monday 15th Sept. Talk by Martina Cross (http://www.martinacrossphotography.co.uk) on the subject of Composition & Landscape Photography.

There shall also be another further opportunity for members to submit photographs for possible selection for the upcoming Highland Challenge competition.