PDA

View Full Version : Fodderty Church Graveyard

lynn prow
29-Dec-05, 01:40
Hi

Can anyone help me? I am trying to find details of a family buried in the Churchyard Fodderty. The family name is Dickson. Does anyone have any ideas where I can start to look.

Thanks

Lynn

airdlass
02-Jan-06, 01:50
Hi Lynn
The only Fodderty I have heard of is in Rosshire?
Fiona

Lianachan
03-Jan-06, 19:43
There is indeed only one Fodderty Cemetery, and it's between Dingwall and Strathpeffer. I pass it regularly, and can photograph the grave for you if you know which grave number it is, or where approximately I could find it.

lynn prow
05-Jan-06, 13:09
Hi
Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry to say I do not have any grave numbers only names James Dickson and Janet Dickson.

Thanks Lynn

Lianachan
05-Jan-06, 18:04
Hi
Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry to say I do not have any grave numbers only names James Dickson and Janet Dickson.

Thanks Lynn

Do you have dates at all, even approximate ones? I could narrow the search that way.

lynn prow
08-Jan-06, 01:09
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

James Dickson died 1851 Janet Dickson (maiden name Jeffrey) died 15 February 1859. James Dickson was a Surgeon and came to Australia working as a Surgeon on the convict ships.
Big thanks for trying to help me.

Lynn

lynn prow
08-Jan-06, 01:10
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

James Dickson died 1851 Janet Dickson (maiden name Jeffrey) died 15 February 1859. James Dickson was a Surgeon and came to Australia working as a Surgeon on the convict ships.

Lynn

Lianachan
09-Jan-06, 20:10
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Lynn

Next time I'm passing, I'll have a look around. I at least now know roughly which parts to search! I'll photograph anything I find.

(will be a few weeks before I'm there, though)

lynn prow
09-Jan-06, 21:44
Hi

Thanks for the offer.

If you need any help with any Australian research please ask and I will try and help.

thanks
Lynn