PDA

View Full Version : Prophesy of doom

TBH
18-Aug-08, 21:16
I was talking to someone today and in mid conversation this woman butted in, looked me in the eye and said, 'You're going to die soon'.
The woman as I have since been told is, for want of another description, 'Not right in the head' and just wanders the street during the day mumbling to herself and not bothering anyone.
Was I just a random figure in her mind or should I be worried.:confused

karia
18-Aug-08, 21:21
I wouldn't give it a second thought........unless that's a photo and not an avatar.:lol:

Or she knows where you live!:eek:

Sleep well TBH.;)

TBH
18-Aug-08, 21:24
I wouldn't give it a second thought........unless that's a photo and not an avatar.

Or she knows where you live!:eek:

Sleep well TBH.The avatar is a portrait of myself, do I look funny to you or something?[disgust][lol]
Serioulsy though, I guess I know it was random but what a fright I got.

Angela
18-Aug-08, 21:24
TBH, I was once stopped in the street in St Andrews by a woman -total stranger -who grabbed me by the arm and said "Be sure your sin will find you out!"......:eek:

I spent the rest of the day rummaging worriedly through my mind for likely wrongdoings....:roll:

TBH
18-Aug-08, 21:27
TBH, I was once stopped in the street in St Andrews by a woman -total stranger -who grabbed me by the arm and said "Be sure your sin will find you out!"......:eek:

I spent the rest of the day rummaging worriedly through my mind for likely wrongdoings....:roll:
I understand I was probably in the wrong place at the right time and she would have picked anyone but it still scared me. It spoilt the rest of my day.

neepnipper
18-Aug-08, 21:28
I guess we'll all be dead in the next hundred years which is pretty soon in the big scheme of things!

karia
18-Aug-08, 21:30
[quote=Angela;420758]TBH, I was once stopped in the street in St Andrews by a woman -total stranger -who grabbed me by the arm and said "Be sure your sin will find you out!"......:eek:/quote]

'Care in the Community' was such a fantastic idea wasn't it?:roll:

Interesting that it was just the one 'sin' though Angela...very specific!:)

joxville
18-Aug-08, 21:49
If the beginnning and end of the world were compressed into 24 hrs then human life would start & finish somewhere around 10.30pm-we would have only existed a few minutes. Hope this makes you feel better TBH. And if it doesn't let me thank you for giving us a few laughs during your time on the org.

TBH
18-Aug-08, 21:49
[quote=Angela;420758]TBH, I was once stopped in the street in St Andrews by a woman -total stranger -who grabbed me by the arm and said "Be sure your sin will find you out!"......:eek:/quote]

'Care in the Community' was such a fantastic idea wasn't it?:roll:

Interesting that it was just the one 'sin' though Angela...very specific!:)
Care in the community was not such a bad idea as resources could be taken up with the more serious cases but that is another thread.
What she said unnerved me for some strange reason.

TBH
18-Aug-08, 21:51
If the beginnning and end of the world were compressed into 24 hrs then human life would start & finish somewhere around 10.30pm-we would have only existed a few minutes. Hope this makes you feel better TBH. And if it doesn't let me thank you for giving us a few laughs during your time on the org.Lol, is this you saying goodbye then because you believe her.:eek:

teenybash
18-Aug-08, 22:03
TBH fear not, you will not die soon.....too much life in that brain of yours to be snuffed out................;)

Kathy@watten
18-Aug-08, 22:11
Well there is one certainty one death per person ...not even the greedy can get two! they say tax is the only one true certainty but I think in fact you will find death is...tho unlike death, taxes can fluctuate greatly and some pay more than others! Whether rich or poor you can be sure that death gets us all at some point but seriously doubt that the woman knew anything regarding your iminant departure poor soul probaby has bigger issues. Had similar experience myself and it did shake me a little but had to try and get on with my day but it did pray on my mind a bit.

joxville
18-Aug-08, 22:21
Lol, is this you saying goodbye then because you believe her.:eek:

Not exactly but just in case I thought I'd let you know I'll miss you.

Angel
18-Aug-08, 22:23
Do not fret... I am going to die soon... in the whole specrtum of things, soon has no value...

Angel

northener
18-Aug-08, 22:55
TBH:

There have been many threads where I have sat here thinking "'TBH must die soon".

Unfortunately, you are still here.

So, unless this bonkers woman actually reappears with a gun and shoots you, then I fear you are destined to spend more time on the .Org before you die..........

Live long and prosper!

wifie
18-Aug-08, 23:01
Currently shouting up the chimney.

Sorry goin off thread here TBH (well actually it is depressin me to think about actual subject :( ;) ) but have just noticed Northener's signature and I am wonderin if he is lookin for Santa ALREADY!!! If so he is a bit two faced in another thread pretendin he is Scrooge!

TBH
18-Aug-08, 23:08
Not exactly but just in case I thought I'd let you know I'll miss you.
Goodbye, fairwell, adios.:~(

DeHaviLand
18-Aug-08, 23:12
Goodbye, fairwell, adios.:~(

Ah, you're still here. Must be tomorrow then:eek:.

TBH
18-Aug-08, 23:13
TBH:

There have been many threads where I have sat here thinking "'TBH must die soon".

Unfortunately, you are still here.

So, unless this bonkers woman actually reappears with a gun and shoots you, then I fear you are destined to spend more time on the .Org before you die..........

Live long and prosper!
.Thankyou Norhterner, I think.:confused It's uncommonly decent of you.:D
Heghlu'meh QaQ jajvam. It is a good day to die....

TBH
18-Aug-08, 23:14
Ah, you're still here. Must be tomorrow then:eek:.
She said soon, not specifically today or tomorrow.

Venture
18-Aug-08, 23:32
Don't fret TBH there's plenty life left in you yet. If it's any consolation I've told a few people in my time to drop dead - and it dosen't work. It could have been worse she could have told you you were going to live to be 109.[lol]

Maybe it's time you changed that avatar you don't want to tempt fate.;)

Long Live TBH. (I hope).

teenybash
18-Aug-08, 23:34
.............. I guess I know it was random but what a fright I got.

She saw herself reflected in your eyes...........it was herself she was talking too.....................:eek:

Kevin Milkins
18-Aug-08, 23:38
I was talking to someone today and in mid conversation this woman butted in, looked me in the eye and said, 'You're going to die soon'.
The woman as I have since been told is, for want of another description, 'Not right in the head' and just wanders the street during the day mumbling to herself and not bothering anyone.
Was I just a random figure in her mind or should I be worried.:confused

If she had a Colt 45 under her coat,........ be very worried.:roll:

Fran
19-Aug-08, 00:37
Are you old, are you bad, as the saying is ..only the good die young.