PDA

View Full Version : tony

Tighsonas4
09-Aug-08, 10:20
this last year or two there is an influx of sea gulls like never before is this because ofchange in fishing habits so lack of food at sea
im afraid i will have to use the dialect to ask this question but
how do you define seagulls from what was known to us as the hill maa???regards tony

EMM
09-Aug-08, 11:08
Think you might mean the common gull, Larus canus. This gull breeds on coastal as well as inland sites and can be colonial or solitary in its nesting habits. Saw some nesting by the Poor House on the Causewaymire this year.

Kevin Milkins
09-Aug-08, 13:15
this last year or two there is an influx of sea gulls like never before is this because ofchange in fishing habits so lack of food at sea
im afraid i will have to use the dialect to ask this question but
how do you define seagulls from what was known to us as the hill maa???regards tony
Hi Tony
I would say the influx of seagulls could be due to wife feeding the darn things.
I am sat in an upstairs window now ,and the wife has just gutted a salmon and threw the tail and head on the shed roof.:mad:
The only thanks we get is a poop on my car just after I have washed it:(

Tighsonas4
09-Aug-08, 17:07
Think you might mean the common gull, Larus canus. This gull breeds on coastal as well as inland sites and can be colonial or solitary in its nesting habits. Saw some nesting by the Poor House on the Causewaymire this year.
i suppose it would be safe to assume that these gulls return to the sea to eat.the ones we have here would attack you carrying a fish supper [lol]
watched one at the harbour trying to burst a polethene bag tied behind the seat on a parked motor cycle
would have made a great photo but thats not my scene [lol] tony

smithp
09-Aug-08, 19:36
Can't say I've noticed any change. When there is a storm at sea there are always more gulls of all descriptions on land. Also the Herring and black backs like to take eggs and chicks from inland birds.