PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night TV?

Kathy@watten
07-Aug-08, 22:58
What happened to Saturday night TV? Where have all the good programs gone? Used to look forward to an odd Saturday night in to watch some quality entertainment but all we get now is reality (is it really real) stuff, no family fun programs all win a music contract or be as weird as possible folk...bring back good TV please! I pay my licence every year and am reluctant to buy into the sky package just for a few programs a week, Is cheap to make viewing all that is left? does anyone else have the same feelings or is it just me? I am a sad git and never go out now and need some entertainment of an evening stuck in!

TBH
07-Aug-08, 23:34
I agree that with the growing popularity of the loosely termed 'reality tv', tv companies are saving themselves a fortune by using members of the public.
Time to vote with the remote and switch off and go back to listening to the radio for entertainment.

Kevin Milkins
07-Aug-08, 23:38
The viewing on Saturday has gone down the pan a bit Kathy.
I have always managed to resist sky as so many people that I know have joined and said how wonderfull it is and within a year they think it is poor value for money.
Earlier this year I decided to bin AOL as my ISP after many years because I felt they were poor value for money.
I moved to BT and took up the total broadband deal with the freeview box.
When I have the inclination I have a browse through the menu of whats on for days to come and set anything interesting to record.
When its pants on the telly I just have a look through somthing that I may have recorded weeks ago and find something to watch.

Solus
07-Aug-08, 23:40
Never mind saturday night, what happened to the good old movie, 9.25pm BBC1 Sunday night ?, always looked forward to that, or the good old war movie on a sunday afternoon, winter howling out side and I would get all comfy on my chair to watch the movie.

TBH
07-Aug-08, 23:43
Them were the days Solus but we used to complain about the repeats back then to. Damn, 'that movie was only on 3 months ago'.[lol]

wifie
07-Aug-08, 23:51
Och Solus I so agree! Nothin better than curlin up wi an owld movie! :D

teenybash
07-Aug-08, 23:55
TV for me is one big turn off with lack lustre excuses for comedy and everything seems to be so heavy going and depressing..........as for the reality stuff, forget it, big bro and the likes....And who the heck wants to watch police catching neds at the other end of the UK.
The E for entertainmant has gone out of television for me..............:~(

Valerie Campbell
08-Aug-08, 11:24
I remember a time when Saturday night TV was something I looked forward to but now I just buy a DVD and stick that on instead. It's shocking just now, but I guess those in the know have decided it's summer time and everyone will be out doing stuff so why bother putting on new programmes? Hopefully it'll improve as the weather declines...with any luck anyway!!

EDDIE
08-Aug-08, 17:23
Remember back in the days when it was bbc1 bbc2 grampian and that was it and now you have freeview with all these channels and its just rubbish on them all what a crazy world we live in why cant they they just seperate the channels and have 1 for film 1 for history 1 for soap and so on and life would be simple. but what i do when there is nothing much on the tv i either watch a dvd or play with the playstation or i surf the net i think sky is a waste of money it would be ok having sky if you had the option not to pay for tv licence.

Cattach
08-Aug-08, 17:52
What happened to Saturday night TV? Where have all the good programs gone? Used to look forward to an odd Saturday night in to watch some quality entertainment but all we get now is reality (is it really real) stuff, no family fun programs all win a music contract or be as weird as possible folk...bring back good TV please! I pay my licence every year and am reluctant to buy into the sky package just for a few programs a week, Is cheap to make viewing all that is left? does anyone else have the same feelings or is it just me? I am a sad git and never go out now and need some entertainment of an evening stuck in!

I have had sky for years - great TV because you can get a good range of programmes old and new. I record enough to see me though the worse of terrestial TV weekends.

percy toboggan
08-Aug-08, 18:50
I've just finished collectin' another dollop of dvd's courtesy of the Daily Mail. Five hours worth of 'Wuthering Heights' today!! Mostly because telly is tripe most of the time, and nearly always on a Saturday...

cuddlepop
08-Aug-08, 19:06
tele is awfull seven days a week not just Saturdays.:(

Hopefully it'll improve by the autume.

Bad Manners
08-Aug-08, 22:28
They even have cources on Media Studies for university degrees whith all that education and all the can produce is crap what does it say about our educational standards. bring back the old films they may be predictable but at least they were well made.