PDA

View Full Version : Hogmany Street Party

attidude9464
16-Dec-05, 23:04
Does anyone know any information about the Hogmany Street Party in Thurso. Was wondering what was going to be happening and if it is a family thing or for adults only. Would appreciate any info. Thanks

ben1234
16-Dec-05, 23:07
Surely if it was a street party, anyone could go. So its up to the parents whether they take the kids or not.....

moose and Lindsay
17-Dec-05, 00:54
yes kids can go, there was loads at the millenium street party anyway, so they can go to this one

Starts at 9.30

It will be a great night!!

Chobbersjnr
17-Dec-05, 01:13
If the event starts at 9:30 what time do the bands start?? & how long after the bells will it go on for

lizzie
17-Dec-05, 01:15
If the event starts at 9:30 what time do the bands start?? & how long after the bells will it go on for

Bands should be on around that time, after the bells you can make it an all nighter who's gonna stop you.
wrap up warm and take a couple of cases of lager, reserve a few for me. lol

moose and Lindsay
17-Dec-05, 01:15
sorry can't help u with that 1

All i know is the time coz there is a big sign at the traffic lights stating the time

The Pepsi Challenge
17-Dec-05, 03:57
The Caithness Courier/ Groat websites are down - and there's nothing about it on Caithness.org. With the street party so close, you'd expect people to be informed about it - wouldn't you, no? I mean, what's the line-up? What's the entertainment? Any surprises? How's the planning going? Anyone thinking about doing something at it? What's the deal? Anyone???

Chobbersjnr
17-Dec-05, 17:37
There's not much obvious signs that it's happening

Ppl still sound surprised when I tell them there's an event happening on hogmany

Tugmistress
17-Dec-05, 17:42
must agree with moose and linsay, the only thing i have seen about it apart from this thread is the sign up by the traffic lights in thurso.

i may even be tempted down town by this, but i would need to know what is going to be happening because it will involve bringing a 'bored' 10yr old :p

funky-dunky
18-Dec-05, 00:09
HI I AINT SURE BUT I THINK ON THE SHEET IN THURSO IT SAYS THE PARTY IS DONE LATE SO I DONT REALLY KNOW WHEN IT IS DONE BUT I REKON ABOUT FOUR OR SUMMIT CUZ THE ONE IN CASTLETOWN SHUTS AT THAT TIME.

fed-ex
18-Dec-05, 13:07
HI I AINT SURE BUT I THINK ON THE SHEET IN THURSO IT SAYS THE PARTY IS DONE LATE SO I DONT REALLY KNOW WHEN IT IS DONE BUT I REKON ABOUT FOUR OR SUMMIT CUZ THE ONE IN CASTLETOWN SHUTS AT THAT TIME.Oooh is there one in Castletown, that'll be exciting. I must get myserlf along there. I havn't seen it advertised anywhere. How did I manage to miss that:?:p .

funky-dunky
18-Dec-05, 17:07
Oooh is there one in Castletown, that'll be exciting. I must get myserlf along there. I havn't seen it advertised anywhere. How did I manage to miss that:?:p .
Dont know there is no sign for it but it is on every year, its pritty good like.

fed-ex
18-Dec-05, 17:09
Dont know there is no sign for it but it is on every year, its pritty good like.where in Castletown do they have it, is there bands and stuff at it?

funky-dunky
18-Dec-05, 17:13
no but there is a dj n disco lights, you get free big bottles off juice sitting on the table but you have to bring your own drink, there is usally free soup and stuff and its in the drill hall

fed-ex
18-Dec-05, 17:14
no but there is a dj n disco lights, you get free big bottles off juice sitting on the table but you have to bring your own drink, there is usally free soup and stuff and its in the drill hallYour always getting stuff for free..LOL

funky-dunky
18-Dec-05, 17:16
Your always getting stuff for free..LOL lol its not my fault ppl loves me lol

fed-ex
18-Dec-05, 17:17
lol its not my fault ppl loves me lolI must admit you always bring a smile to my face anyway..LOL

angela5
18-Dec-05, 23:57
Any info on the wick hogmany new years party?

fed-ex
19-Dec-05, 00:00
Any info on the wick hogmany new years party?Yes, its on december 31st....

angela5
19-Dec-05, 00:01
Yes, its on december 31st....

OH! thank you for that info domestos DOH!!!.

ice box
19-Dec-05, 21:43
Any info on the wick hogmany new years party?
I hope there is one as can't wait to get down there and do some jiving .

CFM
20-Dec-05, 09:33
Thurso Street Party - interviewed one of the organisers on CFM last week

Starts about 9.30 and goes on until 1.00, family's are welcome and there will be a family area in Skinandi's with large TV screens showing the street party.

the organisers ask that if anyone is taking booze with them to please take it in plastic bottles and use plastic cups

CFM will be doing short links from the party which will be broadcast during our hogmanay party from 11.30 to 2.00am

Mr P Cannop
20-Dec-05, 12:09
will the thurso pipe band be playing at the party ??

angela5
20-Dec-05, 14:33
Wonder what one i'll go to Wick, Thurso or castletown what do you recommened?:confused:

CFM
21-Dec-05, 00:14
sorry Paul, as far as I know it's a lone piper for the bells at the Thurso party

funky-dunky
21-Dec-05, 13:19
Wonder what one i'll go to Wick, Thurso or castletown what do you recommened?:confused:
I have been to the castletown one only, but it is really good, i think thurso one might be better but you might get cold as it is outside.You might be much warmer as castletown one is indoors.

pops
21-Dec-05, 18:22
id say go 2 e thurso 1 support it for e 1st time n if u dont like it u dont have til go bac!

hopefully there will b a gd crowwd at e thurso st party!

all i no about it is Cyanide are playin from 9.30-10.30! go n support them (even if u go bac home til warm up + then come bac!!)

Sideshow Shug
01-Jan-06, 17:17
Well done to those that organised the street party in Thurso

I thought it was really good and there was a good crowd at it

Good crack, hope they do it again