View Full Version : Getting kicked off line?

painter
07-Aug-08, 07:44
I keep getting knocked off line and when I click on tools it is ticked to work off line. I dont know why this is happening,but its happening a lot. can anyone tell me why this is happening?

the_count
07-Aug-08, 22:22
could be a virus or something similar: have you got antivirus/spyware prog on your comp? May also help if you told us what system you have (windows xp, vista etc) and maybe some system information like cpu speed etc. Every little helps lol :lol:. If you know when your system started dispplaying this problem you could try a system restore to a date before the problem occured :D hope this helps.

painter
08-Aug-08, 07:35
Its windows vista. Its only 4 weeks old &fitted with Norton anti virus,and running through Orange Livebox.

Brizer2k7
08-Aug-08, 14:03
Have you called your Internet service provider - Orange?

They should do the basic Broadband diagnostics with you which is

# - Plug ONLY the ADSL filter and router into your BT Master socket (there may only be one BT socket in your house)

# - unplug all non-DSL devices that use the BT Line e.g. fax machine, telephones, SKY TV box, alarm systems

# - If you do have other devices plugged into extra phone sockets then they will need an extra ADSL filter for each socket.

They should also be able to test the normal BT Line and the digital Broadband service installed on that line and do a "radius" check to see how many disconnections you are getting and how long you are staying connected for.

I hope this points you in the right direction.

painter
08-Aug-08, 16:29
Thanks Brizer will give it a try