PDA

View Full Version : Book groups

Melancholy Man
19-Jul-08, 15:01
Has a forum book group ever been suggested?

wifie
19-Jul-08, 23:51
Would be a good idea - what about startin a social group or groups perhaps depending on genre!

lelebo
25-Jul-08, 15:38
I'd be quite intersted in a book group - we did one at the last place I used to work.....just meet up, have a chat - and usually coffee and cake ;) We could do online too if easier :D

canuck
26-Jul-08, 20:24
Has a forum book group ever been suggested?

We bashed the idea around a few years ago, but I think that we never really got started because we just couldn't come up with a book to read and then discuss.

I'm willing to join in and if Edinburgh is still your home turf some of this discussion could happen over coffee.

wifie
26-Jul-08, 20:40
We could have a "book group" room in the chat and meet there for "virtual" coffee canuck! (As long as we didn't get dumped :roll:)

canuck
26-Jul-08, 21:37
We could have a "book group" room in the chat and meet there for "virtual" coffee canuck! (As long as we didn't get dumped :roll:)

Fantastic idea!

Perhaps our first book for discussion could be 'Yahoo! Slurp Spiders for Dummies'.

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 21:45
Where have I been?

Sorry, Canuck, I'm a-cummin back to Caithness in less than 100 hours. Shall we suggest a book each, or create a separate sub-forum? I'll start with Patrick Suskind's Perfume.

canuck
02-Aug-08, 21:51
Where have I been?

Sorry, Canuck, I'm a-cummin back to Caithness in less than 100 hours. Shall we suggest a book each, or create a separate sub-forum? I'll start with Patrick Suskind's Perfume.

I shall track down a copy and see how it goes. But with the week I have in front of me I doubt that I'll get it read in time for a face to face over coffee before you leave.

Melancholy Man
02-Aug-08, 21:54
Ooo, I've got my very first Internet stalker! I'll be back in Edinburgh periodically, for the dentist and the like.

canuck
02-Aug-08, 22:01
Ooo, I've got my very first Internet stalker! I'll be back in Edinburgh periodically, for the dentist and the like.

No, I'm not a stalker, a very long way from that. 'Track down' is a Canadian expression for 'find'. In this case, go to the public library.