PDA

View Full Version : Coghill's

scotsannie
17-Jul-08, 15:10
:lol: Still looking for any information on Ester Coghill, her father was William Coghill and her mother was Jane Dunnet. I have found a brother William born 1st Aug 1873 at Canisby. Ester was born about 1884 so I am assuming there were other children in between her and William. Hope someone can assist. Annie.

Mamie_2
19-Jul-08, 04:01
John 14
Margaret 12
James 9

then Esther 7

then
George 4
Matthew 3

brother William not at home with family but might be still in Olrig.

father William probably died between 1891 and 1901

Jane
James
Esther
George
Matthew are in Dunnet at Greenland Mains in 1901

Jane/Jean Dunnet is the daughter of John Dunnet and Esther Manson

Mamie

scotsannie
19-Jul-08, 17:23
:lol: Mamie 2
Thanks for the information it has been very useful, if anyone else has anything, I would be most grateful. I am particularly looking to see when she set sail for Australia with her husband John Budge Murray, all I know is it was about 1909, and they went to live in Yarram, Victoria. Thanks Annie.

Shandy
14-Aug-08, 20:25
Esther Coghill who married John Budge Murray,was my Great Grannys sister, but I was told they went to Canada,I dont know, also I cant find anything on their brother William born 1st
Aug 1873 in Huna Canisbay parish.Their father William Died 29 Apr 1898 in Montrose.I dont know if he was buried there or not But when his wife Jane Dunnet Died She was With My Granny & Grandad And they bought grave ground in Corsback Cemetary for her.

scotsannie
15-Aug-08, 15:08
:lol: Ester definately went to Australia (Yarram Victoria) I have paperwork for John Budge Murray (his army records) and details of the birth of their 2 children. I can't help with her brother William I'm afraid, have you tried Rootsweb world connect there may be something on there.

cuthill
24-Aug-08, 10:12
I found them on the 1881 census
William Coghill 31 b Dunnet
Jane 34 b Canisbay
William 7 b Canisbay
John 4 b Thurso
Margaret m 2 b Thurso

William was an agricultural labourer and they were staying at Thurso east

scotsannie
24-Aug-08, 12:32
:lol: Cuthill, Thanks for that much appreciated, I will continue with my search for anymore information.