PDA

View Full Version : rare giraffe necked roe deer spotted

the_count
15-Jul-08, 23:27
As far as i know this is a first for Caithness, the very rare and endangered giraffe necked roe deer spotted in an un-named location for obvious rarety endangerment issues lol :lol:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/countlicker/plants%20and%20stuff/giraffeneck.jpg

DeHaviLand
15-Jul-08, 23:33
Astounding. Just wait till rfr see's it, he'll believe anything;)

the_count
15-Jul-08, 23:34
oh good we do have life on the org then lol :lol:

Kevin Milkins
15-Jul-08, 23:34
I took a photo of an odd looking beast a while ago.
I will have a deco and see if I can find it and post it later.
I am busy having a look at Jupitor in between cloud cover at the moment.

DeHaviLand
15-Jul-08, 23:35
oh good we do have life on the org then lol :lol:

Some would disagree with that assessment:confused

gollach
15-Jul-08, 23:36
Astounding. Just wait till rfr see's it, he'll believe anything;)

Of course he'll believe it. Just tell him it was spotted in Wick :lol:

DeHaviLand
15-Jul-08, 23:38
Of course he'll believe it. Just tell him it was spotted in Wick :lol:

I dont see any spots in that photo :roll::lol:

Kevin Milkins
15-Jul-08, 23:43
Up near Dunnet if my memory is correct. Any ideas?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/IMGP0180.jpg

the_count
15-Jul-08, 23:45
yeah kev its a llama there are quite a few round here i reckon they are breeding lol:lol:

TBH
15-Jul-08, 23:46
Up near Dunnet if my memory is correct. Any ideas?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/kevinmilkins/IMGP0180.jpgLooks like a llama hanging on a barbed-wire fence.:confused

Kevin Milkins
15-Jul-08, 23:49
yeah kev its a llama there are quite a few round here i reckon they are breeding lol:lol:

I had no idea what it was and just dont remember where I took the photo.
It was in a file that I titled John O Groats and it was when my son came to visit and we went out that way for a run and came back via Dunnet and Thurso.

the_count
16-Jul-08, 00:11
hmmm another one bites the dust ..... all the good threads get moved .... i would have thought this would have been moved to biodiversity with the rarety of the breed lol :lol:

wifie
16-Jul-08, 00:14
Count are ye not stretchin a point wi that pic - and Kevin have you never seen anyone hangin their llama oot to dry before?

the_count
16-Jul-08, 00:16
ya have to try and stretch something in this world wifie even if it is the imagination lol :lol:

wifie
16-Jul-08, 00:21
Indeed Count - stretchin in very good for one I believe - even if it is just the imagination! ;)

Kevin Milkins
16-Jul-08, 00:36
Indeed Count - stretchin in very good for one I believe - even if it is just the imagination! ;)

As you may tell from most of my posts ,I do enjoy a bit of leg pulling and jest.
However ,is the photo that I took a Larma?
I have not seen one before or since.

the_count
16-Jul-08, 00:39
yeah kev there are a few farms that keep llama's up here. aparently the wool is better quality than sheeps wool and gets a better price and the meat is supposedly like venison rather than like lamb or mutton

wifie
16-Jul-08, 00:47
Never thought of eatin the meat - never seen it on offer. But the wool is lovely. They are bonnie creatures but I believe not too friendly and inclined to spit.