PDA

View Full Version : Hip hop Dancing

wee sparkle
04-Jul-08, 13:39
I had a friend of mine ask me earlier in the week about hip hop dance classes in our local area. She thought there was a class on in Wick but wasnt sure? I couldnt tell her either:confused, i was wondering if anybody on the org had any ideas if there was dance classes in the local area:) Thanks

johnlc
04-Jul-08, 14:54
Hello there i had a thread on before about dance classes as i was thinking about starting hiphop classes,but i have not found a place to do it yet etc

spiggie
04-Jul-08, 17:20
hip hop classes would be great :)

wee sparkle
04-Jul-08, 22:35
Awww cool! Sorry i never realised, after my mate mentioned it i thought about it and quite fancied trying it myself, and i know my sister is interested too. I think it would be good fun:D Thanks for the help :cool:

percy toboggan
04-Jul-08, 23:45
I'm looking forward to resuming my avant-garde Jitterbug course once I get myself sorted out surgically, but hip-hop dancing is perhaps an area I'll leave alone.
However, I hope they catch on in the far north and wish you well.

sweetpea
05-Jul-08, 00:05
I was at a thing where a lassie from Elgin was teaching hip hop, it was fantastic and all the kids loved it. Another good crack is african drum classes:)

mrs_algaliarept
05-Jul-08, 09:09
Yeah I have always wanted to do that sort of dancing along with breakdancing and so on really want to learn how to do that shuffling if anyone knows how to i want to learn lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpIAcRkbS6Q
this little kid is really good at it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aB7HGYBOUM&feature=related
this one is a good one of him and his brother

I also believe its a sport in the country malaysia not sure how you spell it or could be melborn its something like that

johnlc
05-Jul-08, 12:56
All u need to do is bounce on each feet as they touch the ground and as they do shuffle them back,its like going running upstairs but without moving forward,or as the boy does u can c him move forward turn and go backwards,a rly good dancer for his age
i will put i post up here when i find a place that i can do these dance classes at also i will put posters round the town also:)

chaz
05-Jul-08, 19:23
All u need to do is bounce on each feet as they touch the ground and as they do shuffle them back,its like going running upstairs but without moving forward,or as the boy does u can c him move forward turn and go backwards,a rly good dancer for his age
i will put i post up here when i find a place that i can do these dance classes at also i will put posters round the town also:)

Have you ever been to Eurodance in Bristol? The Hip Hop talent is amazing, they come from all over from different countrys to compete.My two have competed there for freestyle,slow,pairs and Hip hop .Cant wait till next years competion,the standard is probaly the highest in this country.Well worth a look.Good luck with the classes, just what is needed up here x

lagertops
05-Jul-08, 22:11
I was part of a Break dancing group in Caithness about 20 years ago.Best days of my live.
There used to be about 50 of us from the county competing all over Scotland and doing rather well at it.I still do the moonwalk from time to time.lol

mccaugm
06-Jul-08, 11:40
I love the idea of tap dancing classes, brilliant exercise. Did it as a child and loved it.