PDA

View Full Version : Can you give Bowie a home?

Liz
02-Dec-05, 18:54
No not David but Bowie the cat!!!

Bowie is three years old, is pure white, deaf and has different coloured eyes (hence the name!).

He is friendly but does not like other cats but gets on great with dogs.

He has had quite a few homes but hasn't settled because there have been cats in residence.

We are looking for a home, in the country preferably, where he will be the only cat.
It would be so good to get him a home where he will get all the attention as he is not happy in foster care even though Kim, the fosterer, is doing a great job looking after him.

If you could offer Bowie the permanent home he needs then please pm me.

I'm hoping to have photos of him available soon.

Thanks!

hereboy
02-Dec-05, 20:44
No not David but Bowie the cat!!!

Bowie is three years old, is pure white, deaf and has different coloured eyes (hence the name!).

I didna know that david Bowie was deaf... explains most of his 80's stuff I suppose...

Liz
02-Dec-05, 23:13
I've been told by Kim that Bowie is getting on ok with her cats so will be able to go to a home with cats after all!

Can anyone give Bowie the Christmas present of a loving home?

Astra
02-Dec-05, 23:30
Hows does bowie get on with childern

Liz
03-Dec-05, 13:46

Not sure but will find out.

How old are your children? I ask this as some cats are ok with older children but not toddlers.

Will get back to you!

Liz
03-Dec-05, 14:13

Have found out that Bowie loves children! He is really friendly and wants lots of attention, cuddles and to sit on a lap!

I think this is why he 'left' some of his homes as he wasn't getting the attention he wanted!

Although he does get on ok with other animals it would be nice if he was the only pet as he would get more attention that way but would prefer he got a home where there are other pets than no home at all!!

If you are interested Astra pm me.

Thanks!

topotheuk
04-Feb-06, 01:44
Liz, hi. Just to let you know that Bowie seems to be really settled with us. He HATES my dog and will get him one day I'm sure, but gets on ok with the other wee cat we got from you (the wee black ferral. He is not as timid as he was, but we have just been leaving this one to get used to us. He doesn't run away now when we go out to feed him, he just lies in his bed watching us. Hopefully one day...). Bowie is a bit nervous of the horses, but likes to sit on top of the partitions int he stable. He just loves the kids. He is absolutely gorgeous and I can't understand why he ended up with no home in the first place as he is FAB. I can't think why anyone wouldn't want him. He talks a lot, but I think it's just cos he loves people so much and likes being around them. He is so funny to watch when he's playing. I have to say he can be a wee bit dim, but I think that just adds to his charm. It's funny to watch him watch the mice. He thinks he is above catching them. When I put our rabbit into a stable for some exercise, the cat loves to jump into the hutch and settle down in the hay. He also quite likes going out on the ran dan and sometimes stays out all night. I hope he doesn't decide to desert us, but if not, he will definately have a home for life.
Thanx for letting us home him.

Fran
04-Feb-06, 03:20
what a lovely happy ending for Bowie. It was so nice to read about him in your post topotheuk, he sounds really happy.

Liz
04-Feb-06, 14:18
Thanks ever so much for letting me know how Bowie and friend are and I'm delighted to hear that they are doing so well.:D

If Bowie does leave you then he certainly is dim as he wouldn't get a better home!!!!!

If you ever hear of anyone who could give any other unwanted cats a home then please let me know.

Thanks again!