PDA

View Full Version : Preservatives

wifie
18-Jun-08, 15:50
Have just been reading an interesting article about parabens and their use in skincare and cosmetics. It explained about their natural occurence in foods like fruit and the fact that they are synthetically produced as it would be too expensive to extract the naturally occuring ones in food. Furthermore I was interested to learn that preservatives are necessary to protect us from many bugs which of course could be present without their use. For me it has highlighted once more the need to get to the truth in these matters and not just listen to the scare mongering in the press or the " *.......... Free* " often displayed on packaging to entice the unwary buyer.

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 15:52
Noramly you will find that the "........free" has been replaced with something just as bad...

Thanks for the info. :D

wifie
18-Jun-08, 15:58
Exactly AD - or worse still the product is left unprotected and possibly dangerous to those at most risk ie. the very young or ill.

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 16:08
AD - I like it! :cool:

joxville
18-Jun-08, 23:57
Can you give us a link to it or copy and paste it please. Unlike a lot of .orger's I don't like to comment on something that I know nothing about.

wifie
19-Jun-08, 21:08
Just for you Jox ;)
http://uk.lizearle.com/index_2.php?userpage=factsheetpreserve&searchreferrer=newsbites160608uk_L10
hmmmm not sure this has worked and I hope I am able to add this link and not breaching any rules.

joxville
19-Jun-08, 22:02
Thanks wifie. One is now enlightened.

wifie
19-Jun-08, 22:07
Hope you are not so enlightened you float up to the ceiling - LOL!

TBH
19-Jun-08, 22:56
Can you give us a link to it or copy and paste it please. Unlike a lot of .orger's I don't like to comment on something that I know nothing about.Get her.............:lol:

That was an attempt at humour btw.:D

wifie
20-Jun-08, 00:39
Good attempt TBH - keep tryin you will get there ;)