PDA

View Full Version : Cow & Gate giggles

mccaugm
18-Jun-08, 10:59
Does anyone else love the advert for Cow and Gate follow on milk. The one where the toddlers giggle joyfully. It always brings a smile to my face.

Does any other advert make you feel good or do they all depress you? IMHO most of them seem to be aimed at getting you in or out of debt or selling you cars or sofas. Thank god for the Cow and Gate advert.

johnlc
18-Jun-08, 11:03
I really hate the loan one i think it is where the lady says(josh dads found ur scooter) that rly annoys me that advert

mccaugm
18-Jun-08, 11:15
I really hate the loan one i think it is where the lady says(josh dads found ur scooter) that rly annoys me that advert

Agreed, ..is that for "Picture Loans", those adverts are beyond naf.

dessie
18-Jun-08, 11:53
you got it in one there mccaugm.
it is a fantastic advert great to here the laughter..it reminds me of when my girls where that age....:lol:

Ash
18-Jun-08, 12:23
i love that advert has me smiling everytime i see it
i hate all loan adverts, debt, car insurance ect
love the coke adverts at xmas
oh the irn bru one is good :D

cat
18-Jun-08, 12:31
yeah,luvly giggles.
the SMA add made me cry first time i saw it,had just had my baby though!!:)

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 13:47
Some car adverts are ingenious - Honda and Audi are the two that spring to mind. I also like the one for bottled water that has Brains from Thunderbirds dancing to Rythmn is a Dancer.

Sony have had some belters as well... Guinness never fail to disappoint...

Nike has a new one shown from the viewpoint of a footballer - training, games, social life - he gets plucked from a amateur club and ends up playing for Arsenal and for his county - true genius!

I don't drink tea or coffee so I don't have much to do during the breaks...

:)

dessie
18-Jun-08, 14:12
still think one of the best is the gorilla drumming to the genesis song for cadbury,s...fantastic
:lol:

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 14:14
Aye, that one's a cracker... it's amazing what you can teach animals these days!! [lol]

grumpy1
18-Jun-08, 14:50
oh it brilliant some o them little ones have really infectious giggles u just can't help yourself

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 15:00
I sit me or does the advert in question seem to have been doctored a little bit. Some of the babies movements seem to be a bit unnatural...??

mccaugm
18-Jun-08, 15:26
I sit me or does the advert in question seem to have been doctored a little bit. Some of the babies movements seem to be a bit unnatural...??

Aw don't spoil my wee illusion. My kids all giggled like that...my youngest still does when hes tickled mercilously by his dad or me. Or when I chase him round the garden, cracks him up for some unknown, childlike reason.

AfternoonDelight
18-Jun-08, 15:42
Sorry mccaugm! Don't get me wrong - I can still laugh like that as well!!

floyed
18-Jun-08, 15:46
I love the Oreo's advert with the little boy speaking to the dog its so cute.

Cattach
18-Jun-08, 16:01
Agreed, ..is that for "Picture Loans", those adverts are beyond naf.

I certainly think they are beyond naf........ but here we are speaking about them so maybe they are supposed to be naf. Possibly as long as people remember the name 'Picture Loans' even through a naf advert they company will get business.

mccaugm
18-Jun-08, 18:26
I certainly think they are beyond naf........ but here we are speaking about them so maybe they are supposed to be naf. Possibly as long as people remember the name 'Picture Loans' even through a naf advert they company will get business.

You are so right...but I reckon you would have to be fairly desperate to take on one of their loans, the interest rate is astronomical. "They don't fuss or patronise, you can really talk to those people at Picture". In other words, we will be nice until we get your business then charge you an absolute fortune and make you debt ridden forever. How much of a cynic am I or is that realist?

joxville
18-Jun-08, 18:30
Some car adverts are ingenious - Honda and Audi are the two that spring to mind. I also like the one for bottled water that has Brains from Thunderbirds dancing to Rythmn is a Dancer.

Sony have had some belters as well... Guinness never fail to disappoint...

Nike has a new one shown from the viewpoint of a footballer - training, games, social life - he gets plucked from a amateur club and ends up playing for Arsenal and for his county - true genius!

I don't drink tea or coffee so I don't have much to do during the breaks...

:)

Have to agree with your choices, but especially with the Sony ad's. I think they are the best on tv just now.

telfordstar
18-Jun-08, 19:06
yeah,luvly giggles.
the SMA add made me cry first time i saw it,had just had my baby though!!:)

That is a sweet advert i liked that one alot.

dirdyweeker
18-Jun-08, 19:12
I love the wee 'man' in the Andrex ad. It makes me smile to watch him.

tigger2u
18-Jun-08, 19:59
You guys have just got to love the cavemen in the Volvic Ads. Especially when they hammer out a pole for the women to dance on lol [lol]

Kevin Milkins
18-Jun-08, 21:12
My youngest giggles just like the toddlers in the Cow and Gate advert.
He is 31 years old now ,and I have spoke to him about smoking joints.;)

balto
18-Jun-08, 21:20
the cow and gate advert, is just so funny those toodlers are so cute when they laugh, think it would bring a smile to anyones face.

the charlatans
18-Jun-08, 21:31
I love the cow and gate giggling babies. My bairn giggles just like that and its so infectious. I like the SMA baby milk advert where the hubby/daddy promises to 'do his bit'.
I like the advert for the car (could be a Skoda) where they make a car out of cakes and sweeties to the tune of 'These are a few of my favourite things'.
But i like best the Cadbury's adverts both the gorilla one and the one with the airport vehicles blasting down the runway to Queen's Don't Stop Me Now.

I'm away for a run around my living room cos I'm 'having such a good time'.

liz19
18-Jun-08, 21:54
Does anyone else love the advert for Cow and Gate follow on milk. The one where the toddlers giggle joyfully. It always brings a smile to my face.

Does any other advert make you feel good or do they all depress you? IMHO most of them seem to be aimed at getting you in or out of debt or selling you cars or sofas. Thank god for the Cow and Gate advert.

I think that adverts gr8 I always end up laughing with the babies [lol]

scorrie
18-Jun-08, 22:43
still think one of the best is the gorilla drumming to the genesis song for cadbury,s...fantastic

Did anyone see that ad spoofed on Only an Excuse?

Just as you think the gorilla is about to start playing "In the Air Tonight", the camera cuts back to reveal Larkhall Boys Band written on the drum and he strikes up "The Sash" instead.

I used to hate the Ocean Finance ads that were, amazingly, run on The Cartoon Network. You can't start them off too early eh? Also despise the fact that Loan Companies make up most of the adverts on the "At The Races" channel. They might as well just say:-

"Just lost a wad on the 2.30 at Royal Ascot? Don't worry, just give us a call, and our friendly adviser will have you fixed up with a loan in time for the 3.05 race. p.s. in small print - We'll probably own your home by the end of the meeting"

scorrie
18-Jun-08, 22:51
I like the advert for the car (could be a Skoda) where they make a car out of cakes and sweeties to the tune of 'These are a few of my favourite things'.

I thought the ad was good until I read that they had spent £500,000 creating a novelty cake that spoiled under the lighting and was thrown away. You could feed a lot of poor bairns with that money instead and it seems a waste, particularly when I can't see it helping to stimulate sales of a "Barge"