PDA

View Full Version : Wares,Creach or Crear

mazza
27-Nov-05, 00:16
I am interested in finding anyone who also has connections to the above surnames. I am tracing family tree and have gone back to places Latheron, Canisbay and Watten. Can anyone help

newlabeluk
27-Nov-05, 19:03
I have a Helen Wares DOB 14/02/1765 in Reiss, Married to James Couper Wick 27/01/1788 they had 7 children. perhaps you'll have a link?

marionq
27-Nov-05, 19:27
The best place to research the family Bremner is at

www.Brebner.com

and choose Caithness as your area and then look for a set of ancestors you do know and it should lead to others you don't yet know. Mine come from Sarclet and are of the John Bremner and Henrietta Sinclair line. I also have Sutherland ancestors from Berriedale - Margaret Sutherland born in 1795 whose father John Sutherland married Margaret Bruce. I found Scotlandspeople and the library family research centre at Wick my best source of information.

If any of those seem to link in I'll be happy to give you a copy of what I have.

fred
27-Nov-05, 20:40
I am interested in finding anyone who also has connections to the above surnames. I am tracing family tree and have gone back to places Latheron, Canisbay and Watten. Can anyone help

There is a Christina Wares burried in Clyth cemetery http://www.graven-images.org.uk . I think maybe she was brother to a Farquhar Wares who was a weaver at Rumster.

tenabowla
27-Nov-05, 21:47
I also have Bremner relatives, furthest back I have is Alexander Bremner b c 1810, m 9 June 1837 to Jane Mackay b c 1815 they lived at Hemprigs in 1841.Later at Dale Halkirk. he would nave been gg grandad on my fathers side.

Jim

Murdina Bug
28-Nov-05, 17:15
Mazza, there are a lot of Wares in the county, of different 'trees'. Can you give a bit more info - e.g. what names/dates do you have already?

Tricia
01-Dec-05, 00:25
I have Wares Creach and Crear -
Can you let us have more info?
Tricia

Barbara
07-Dec-05, 01:56
Hello Tricia,
I have been researching Creach, Crear, Craer, Wares, Angus, and Sinclair in various Caithness towns for many years.

marionq
17-Dec-05, 16:36
I have just received a copy of a marriage certificate for my Bremner ancestor and on the same page is a marriage cert for Peter Ware, joiner and Catherine McLeod. The date is 1812. If this is of use to you then let me know and I will email you a copy.

Regards, Marion

DAC214
17-Dec-05, 19:10
I have Alexander Wares, b. abt 1747, married Jane Bremner Jan. 1772. Daughter Jane (born 1793) married James Bruce in 1813 in East Clyth, Latheron.
I would think Alexander and Jane had other children but have not found them.

b1b2j3
31-Dec-05, 06:21
Mazza, there are a lot of Wares in the county, of different 'trees'. Can you give a bit more info - e.g. what names/dates do you have already?.

Could I have more info. My Wares- Margaret Wares born 1847 Caithness and died as a result of childbirth complications several months later- 1869 in Glasgow. Wife of William Muir. Born 1842. A butcher by trade. (And does he have a story !!). Margaret and William married 1863 Calton Glasgow.

Margarets parents were James and Mary nee: Simpson. Not sure of their birth places, but assume Caithness Wick. James Wares was a baker.

The Muir // Wares marriage produced all girls (born Lanarkshire) and includes my GG Mother Marion Allison Muir. My mystery unsolved is the ALLISON name in most of the girls names and the association with the Sutherland Family.

A member of the Sutherland Family, Margaret, was a Census 1851 Guardian to Wares children in Caithness. I am sure one of these was Margaret.

Any kick along would be helpful to myself as well.

Bron

b1b2j3
31-Dec-05, 06:54
Fabulous site provided by URL. Not mine, but a great deal of fun to view. Excellent example. And Thnk you. Bron

katarina
31-Dec-05, 20:43
My relations came from Stroma though they would be registered in Canisbay. There were lots of wares and Simpsons in stroma. Here's my ancestors If this helps.

William Simpson born 1808 to parents William Simpson circa 1777 and Bessie Rosie circa 1777

Married 18/1/1839
to Helen Wares - (still looking for her parentss)
All of the above registered as in Canisbay, Caithness.

Shiona
14-Aug-08, 15:37
Hi Barbara,

I am replying to an old post of yours. I am brand new to this site so I hope I can contact you successfully! My great great grandfather was James Crear who married Annie Wares. Their daughter Jane is my great grannie. My sister and I visited their grave recenly in Watten and I have photos I can send you if this is your family too. Are we connected? do you have any more information about this family?

Shiona Alexander

domino
14-Aug-08, 20:52
Katarina
have some stuff on the same wares and Simpsons.
if interested pm me

janej
22-Aug-08, 16:52
I'm looking into the name Crear - but just tenuously - in trying to establish a link with the McKays and Millers. I have found Crears in the Dunnet area if that is of assistance. Have a look on the 1851 census - you should find an entry for William Crear and his family in Dunnet. I believe his wife was Ann(e) Miller.
Hope this helps,
Jane

Mamie_2
24-Aug-08, 17:06
Katarine
Helen's parents were Donald Wares 1791 s/o Donald Wares 1750 and Catherine Oald 1748 and Helen Robertson 1791 d/o John Robertson c 1750 and Marion Duncan 1752

Donald Wares 1750 was the son of John Wares and Christian Cormack
Catherine Oald was the daughter of John Oald and Euphemia Bremner

John Robertson was the son of John Robertson and Isobell Bremner
Marion Duncan's father was James Duncan

Mamie

Tricia
25-Aug-08, 13:32
Katarine
Helen's parents were Donald Wares 1791 s/o Donald Wares 1750 and Catherine Oald 1748 and Helen Robertson 1791 d/o John Robertson c 1750 and Marion Duncan 1752

Donald Wares 1750 was the son of John Wares and Christian Cormack
Catherine Oald was the daughter of John Oald and Euphemia Bremner

John Robertson was the son of John Robertson and Isobell Bremner
Marion Duncan's father was James Duncan

Mamie

Hi Mamie
HELP
Can you confirm parents of Donald Wares(Warse) b c 1790 as Donald & Catherine Oal,. Several births Warse/Wares around then in Canisbay parish. Reason I ask is I have his death May 1856 Stroma. aged 66 . No spouse name given but son in law William Simpson informant. However parents show as Donald Wares and Helen Wares(ms Robertson) . I believe that the Robertson is an error in recording but is he was perhaps son of Donald W & Helen Bower 1790
Stroma.15/03/1790 WARSE DONALD DONALD WARSE/HELEN BOWER M Canisbay /CAITHNESS 035/ 0010 0260 (born 6 Mar Bapt 15th Mar). IN STROMA. cert viewed
and
Donald born in October 1789 to Donald & Cath was in FRESWICK on mainland.
26/10/1789 WARSE DONALD DONALD WARSE/KATHARINE OALD U Canisbay /CAITHNESS 035/ 0010 0259 cert viewed.

What do you think?
Tricia

Mamie_2
10-Sep-08, 17:28
I would say that you are more likley to be correct with the Donald born to Donald and Helen Bower as I have no real proof otherwise.

Fits the naming patterm better at any rate.

Mamie

waresboy
10-Jan-09, 08:28
iam a wares.my dad george was originally born in thurso and worked in the bank from 15 years old,he has 2 brothers john and norman,john still stays in wick and was a policeman all his days,dads step mum jessie stayed all her days in east church street thurso,and his dad had a bus service
also my great aunt rita stayed in castletown all her days and when she died they named the street wares lane,her old house is still in the family,rowanlea is owned by johns daughter and her husband,john traced the family tree back to the 1700,s odd