PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

debbie
23-Nov-05, 22:53
I would like to give a big thank you to the driver of a white van that hit my car yesterday morning on thurso road, not only did they not have the decency to stop and check out the damage they caused and give me their insurance details, but they also didnt have the courtesy to make sure me and my 20 month old daughter were alright!
The damage to the car is going to cost us a lot and at this time of year it isnt very handy!!!

I hope whoever was driving that van reads/hears of this post and how their reckless driving and running away has caused us much anger and sadness!

pedromcgrory
23-Nov-05, 22:56
no conscious ,at least you and your little one ok .

Tugmistress
23-Nov-05, 23:00
As pedro says, at least you and your daughter are ok, if a little mad which is understandable :(

Big G
24-Nov-05, 00:21
I would like to give a big thank you to the driver of a white van that hit my car yesterday morning on thurso road, not only did they not have the decency to stop and check out the damage they caused and give me their insurance details, but they also didnt have the courtesy to make sure me and my 20 month old daughter were alright!
The damage to the car is going to cost us a lot and at this time of year it isnt very handy!!!

I hope whoever was driving that van reads/hears of this post and how their reckless driving and running away has caused us much anger and sadness!

When u say 'on thurso road' do you mean on the way into thurso or actually in thurso - if it is in thurso can u not go back to the place the accident occured and see if there is any cameras that could track this van down. My mum was hit the other day by a jeep but she had witnesses though!

Glad to hear u and ure daughter r fine!

smith2585
24-Nov-05, 00:35
thurso Road is in wick aint it?

Mr P Cannop
24-Nov-05, 08:59
are it sure is

Big G
25-Nov-05, 00:26
thurso Road is in wick aint it?

Ahh, sorry i thought she meant it was on the Thurso road - i did wonder about that too! oh well -

Fran
25-Nov-05, 02:27
surely the police could help you on this by checking any white vans with damage to it which could be matched to your car. also someone is bound to have seen it happening and may remember something?

rainbow
25-Nov-05, 08:31
Did you not get part of the registration - I nearly got hit at the top of the Halkirk road in the summer, how I avoided a collision I do not know, but I got the last 3 letters of the van as it drove away. It didn't even stop to check if my passengers or myself was OK so I reported it to the Police , and the Police traced them. The driver got a warning, which I suppose was all that could be done as no damage was caused (only to my nerves!), but it had the potential for a fatality, and the driver could not have given a hoot.
I suggest you report the collision to the Police, even if it is only to pacify the insurance company.

debbie
26-Nov-05, 14:19
yeah we did report it to the police, i didnt manage to get any of the registration as it hit the back of my car and then took of up the one way street. not sure what the police can do but im sure they might take note if they see a white van with a dent in the front of it!!!

I am very grateful that my daughter and i are ok, if we had been just 3 seconds earlier they would have hit the car side on so for that i am thankful as thats the side my daughters car seat is on!! I wonder if they would still have carried on then?!

SJR
26-Nov-05, 21:03
Unfortunatly if you relay on northern consatbulary you will 'lose' out sooner than later. And thats the truth, i hoped they would sort out the lad who ran me over on my pushbike but unfortunatly they told me they couldnt do anything cos i had no witnesses.A friend who works for grampian police said it would be no probs to sort the problem out, but northern are a bunch of jokers, in the meantime i have no bike!

Astra
26-Nov-05, 21:13
Maybe santa will get u a new one for christmas .