PDA

View Full Version : The Johnston Collection online

Tricia
11-May-08, 11:32
Note that Wick Society have currently 17 photos online and available for purchase.
http://www.wickheritage.org/johnston.asp
News March 2008: "As part of Wick’s contribution to the 2007 Moray Firth Flotilla a selection of 17 sea-related images from the Collection were made available as mounted prints. These digitised images are now being offered, for on-line order, at this web site. This gallery will be extended, and new galleries created, as images become available. An on-line purchase facility is under development."

Super Photos.
The photo of the Herring Gutters is great - anyone recognise anyone?
The James More Curing Station was my g'grandfather James d1916 then run by g'father Dan More d1949.
Anyone link to the Calder and Davidson Curing Stations on photo 12?

Anyone know who owned the WK 683 boat the FRUITFUL?

The Johnston Photographers: Whilst it says 3 generations it should read FOUR PEOPLE ie 1st Gen -Alexander Johnston (1839-1896) who started it and his brother James Johnston my g'grandfather(1854-1922), 2nd gen - Alex's son William, 3rd Gen - William's son.

Tricia
born a MORE in Wick.

Tricia
11-May-08, 12:03
this is photo number 12 taken in more recent years
Tricia

peter macdonald
15-May-08, 13:23
Tricia I found this on another site
Fruitful built in Ianstown by MacIntosh was BF 1806 before being bought to Wick Length Overall 68.9 feet Keel 53 feet Beam 20 feet Draft 6.7 feet Tonnage 49.35 Gross and Nett Owners Donald Downie and Alex Bain of Grant St Wick
She was lost at Gt Yarmouth 19/12/1905
PM

Tricia
15-May-08, 18:15
Peter
Thanks very much. It is great to find these bits of data.
I know a relation of Donald Downie so will pass this on.

Tricia