PDA

View Full Version : green screen!

miranda
10-May-08, 19:54
help... i have a prob with my screen..
its an inch wide strip running from top to bottom in middle of my screen. its green in colour.its like the distortuion you get when you press the screen firmly!!
it is only on my desktop background and does not effect any other pages.:eek:
have tried changing the pic and resolution etc but no joy... anyone got any ideas what it could be?
thanks

blueivy
10-May-08, 20:00
help... i have a prob with my screen..
its an inch wide strip running from top to bottom in middle of my screen. its green in colour.its like the distortuion you get when you press the screen firmly!!
it is only on my desktop background and does not effect any other pages.:eek:
have tried changing the pic and resolution etc but no joy... anyone got any ideas what it could be?
thanks

It's only on the background? You mean, let's say you open up Internet Explorer there is no green line, but when you minimise it so that you can only see the desktop you can see the green line?

miranda
10-May-08, 20:05
yep thats right only on the background!! its not affecting me working on the comp ..just annoying.. and want to make sure the screen is not faulty..laptop is only a year old:)

blueivy
10-May-08, 20:15
yep thats right only on the background!! its not affecting me working on the comp ..just annoying.. and want to make sure the screen is not faulty..laptop is only a year old:)

That's definitely a new one on me. I have seen screen with lines down them that affects everything, I even have seen screens that turn green (my own does it). I haven't seen a screen that only sets the background green.

If it only sets the background green then I'm kind of stumped. It's not the screen as that would set the line on everything. It's likely to be software related. I'd reinstall the video card drivers and then check if you have any software that could be interfering with the background and isn't doing it's job quite right.

Riffman
13-May-08, 19:39
I would check to see if active desktop is switched on. You might try deactivating it then reactivating.