PDA

View Full Version : Slagging off the competition

rangers07
08-May-08, 15:33
Was just on the captiv8 site having a wee nosy, and theres a photographer he mentions in his blog getting a right pasting!

What does everyone think bout this?

http://captiv8ukcom.blogspot.com/

The Angel Of Death
08-May-08, 15:48
After reading the post and some of the comments I'm shocked how he has got away with what has been said i know if someone said that to me id not be bestest chuffed !!!

I know that when i / we looked at wedding photographers we did go look at john but to be honest i found that he didn't seem interested when we approached him at the portlands a few years ago and the prices were to much for what we was wanting / needed

We found another photographer locally and was well chuffed with the package and service we got

Top bandanna as they say

Wellies
08-May-08, 17:43
If you go back on his blog to nearly exactly the same time last year you will find the exact same comments. Maybe its his yearly advertising. I think it is rude and extremely unprofessional of a supposed "professional" to put this on his sight. Why does he not persue it and get legal action if he is correct in what he is saying or maybe he has not got a "blade of grass" to stand on.

unicorn
08-May-08, 17:44
It seems pretty harsh, I assume no 2 people should have similar styles then or ideas :roll:

karia
08-May-08, 18:13
Very, very unprofessional and bad for business.

If he has a grievance he should pursue it legally and keep quiet about it until such time as it is resolved.

Although he is careful to avoid naming people even I, all these miles away, know to whom he refers..... and having studied the Laws of both libel and copyright can advise that she may well have a case against him.

I wouldn't touch any business that indulged in this sort of childish 'propaganda'.

The Angel Of Death
08-May-08, 18:26
It seems pretty harsh, I assume no 2 people should have similar styles then or ideas :roll:

How can you copyright a style ??? is such as i took a picture of a wedding (for example) at insert church X or location Y so no one else is entitled to do the same strikes me as being very petty if your such a high big shot photographer then your photo's should speak for themselfs shouldnt they

unicorn
08-May-08, 18:51
I should point out that I am not defending this behaviour in any way. I think it is dire and unprofessional.

nicnic74
08-May-08, 18:59
John did the photography at a close friends wedding a few years ago and the pictures were fantastic. This aloong with the selection he offered us when choosing a photographer for our wedding made the choice easy......its an old cliche but you get what you pay for and if you want the best....pay for the best, you cant copy an original....many have tried but there is only one mona lisa after all.

plumber
08-May-08, 19:07
Having just read all the comments, I thought who in there right mind would want to be Mr Baikie.

karia
08-May-08, 19:08
No doubting the quality of his photography...just the wisdom of his blog entry.

George Brims
08-May-08, 19:08
I should point out that I am not defending this behaviour in any way. I think it is dire and unprofessional.
I agree. He would serve himself much better to just get on and do what he does so very, very well, and not worry about the "copycat" person. Doesn't look like he's short of work, does it?

Ash
08-May-08, 20:31
it appears to be gone mmm wonder why:confused