PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish

Lady In Bed
07-May-08, 20:45
What a state Thurso beach was in tonight. Litter all over the place where picniks were held and you could not get down the steps onto the beach for teenagers hogging most of the steps and drinking. The language that they were spewing out of their mouths was vile. Shame on them![evil]

Lavenderblue2
07-May-08, 20:56
Yes, an awful mess but it was only in one place adjacent to the bottom of the middle steps. Such a shame that the group of teenagers who left all that litter couldn't have picked it up. :(

Kevin Milkins
07-May-08, 21:01
We went for a ride out today to visit Dunnet Forrest for the first time ,and then on to Castletown beach for an hour.
We then went down the side of the river to the harbour at Thurso and sat in the car looking towards the beach.
There were more people on the beach than I have ever seen and my wife remarked how nice it was to see the youngsters fooling about and enjoying themselves.
It seems they have let the side down.

dozy
07-May-08, 21:02
Same you didn't call the cops and get them lifted or at least and spot fine ..

trix
07-May-08, 21:15
maybe 'e highland council should consider putin some bins aroond 'e beach...?

Kevin Milkins
07-May-08, 21:39
I just had a little giggle to myself then thought I ought to share it.
I just looked down the list of threads and came upon this one.
Rubbish
Lady in bed. :lol:

trix
07-May-08, 21:40
cheeky - kevin :lol::Razz

George Brims
07-May-08, 21:47
I just had a little giggle to myself then thought I ought to share it.
I just looked down the list of threads and came upon this one.
Rubbish
Lady in bed. :lol:
Taking a chance there mate - anyone on here who knows you well enough to draw comparisons?

sadam
08-May-08, 13:07
I was in the area of the beach last night and a young woman who had a few drinks came and did her toilet in someone's front garden, the poor lady form the house came out to her and tried to stop her but was given nothing but abuse. It's a dam disgrace how they cant conduct themselves any better than this, no wonder they get a bad name, theres always one who spoils it for the rest. I wouldnt have blamed this lady for reporting this behavour to the police.

Dog-eared
08-May-08, 13:58
Why arent there more public toilets open in Thurso ??

skinnydog
09-May-08, 15:03
Crikey I went to the beach for a walk with the skinny dog last night and it was awful. Kids themselves not too much of a problem, half of them were boozy but the funniest thing was seeing most of them sunburnt to a crisp!! Let them take it for the pain and suffering.

But the mess that they have made is less than funny. I am all for them having a great time and I know it has been said before but they should be made to tidy up behind them.

Cattach
09-May-08, 15:13
Why arent there more public toilets open in Thurso ??

Toilets or not open in Thurso is hardly the point in this instance - and you may be right about lack of toilets. But if a woman decides to go into someones garden to do the toilet then that is to do with behaviour, upbringing, good manners, etc. and nothing to do with public toilets other than this pig did the toilet very publicly.

Cattach
09-May-08, 15:15

Irrelevant comment in this case regarding bins - there should be more. But those people were perfectly able to carry there food and drink to the beach so should have been pwerfectly capable of carrying it home.

Torvaig
09-May-08, 15:22
Exactly Cattach! This morning a councillor's wife gathered four carrier bags of rubbish just from one corner. I said I wished I had some bags with me to help her and she replied that the bags she had used were part of the rubbish!
Another lady told me that she was part of a group that had done a beach clean just a few nights ago....
Someone else told me that she found the broken neck of a bottle up-ended in the sand just waiting for a victim. [evil]

Ash
09-May-08, 16:05
was on beach yesterday and there were a group of lassies and lads, drinking, cans everywhere, the lassies were going in the beach smoking and putting there cigarette ends in the water, its awful it really is, i didnt say anything because i didnt want abuse from them especially with my daughter there, there language was disgusting, ans these werent kids, they were 20+year olds!!!!

trix
09-May-08, 17:30
But if a woman decides to go into someones garden to do the toilet then that is to do with behaviour, upbringing, good manners

or drink....eh miranda...? an desperation [lol]

Irrelevant comment in this case regarding bins - there should be more.

i da think ma comment wis irrelevant actually cattach....

i do agree that anyone is capable o' bringin their rubbish home wi them...no wantin til point oot e' obvious...but obviously they dina...arna capable...

at least instead o' gurnin aboot it i have a suggestion on how til prevent'ed....

da let me stop ye complainin tho....:roll:

George Brims
09-May-08, 18:57
I was in the area of the beach last night and a young woman who had a few drinks came and did her toilet in someone's front garden, the poor lady form the house came out to her and tried to stop her but was given nothing but abuse. It's a dam disgrace how they cant conduct themselves any better than this, no wonder they get a bad name, theres always one who spoils it for the rest. I wouldnt have blamed this lady for reporting this behavour to the police.
She should have called the police straight away. That's intolerable behaviour. While waiting for the police she should have dumped a bucket of cold water over the brat. "Just flushing!"

sadam
10-May-08, 09:11
I think it is all about the bringing up but even the parents dont know what the kids do once they are out, they seem to follow the next one then. I do feel for the lady house owner but I dare say she was affraid they might target her house if she reported them, no win situ. Also this rubbish left on the beach means the little kids going to have some fun on the sand has all sorts to harm them. I dont want to think about it. I do think the police could take a walk along the sea front on good days just to let keep an eye ot it all.

Torvaig
10-May-08, 09:28

Yes Trix, you are right. The bins that are there were overflowing so they are obviously being used and if there were more at least there is the opportunity for people to bin their rubbish.

Anything that encourages folk to do so is a plus....

Lord Flasheart
10-May-08, 09:53

She should have done really, but then again you are risking a confrontation arent you ??, I personally would have waited until she got settled and turned the hose on her. My local authority has ZERO tolerance for this kind of behaviour and their hard line seems to be working. Lot less drunks behaving this way and spoiling life for others.