PDA

View Full Version : terrifying!

brandy
06-May-08, 08:12
ok im all for respecting other cultures but this just scares the crud out of me!!!
http://www.wlky.com/video/16106156/index.html?source=CNN

mums angels
06-May-08, 09:05
My daughter watched this the other day on the news and was like " mum what on earth are they doing thats so dangerous" i didnt keep it on long enough to watch the whole thing was awful ..

mccaugm
06-May-08, 09:21
ok im all for respecting other cultures but this just scares the crud out of me!!!
http://www.wlky.com/video/16106156/index.html?source=CNN

That must have been terrifying for the child and then to be manhandled back to its parents. I actually got a shiver down my spine with fright. That poor wee soul. The child could have easily been killed and who would have taken the blame? Theres cultural diversity and there is plain insanity.[evil]

Metalattakk
06-May-08, 10:10
So, how many children were hurt or killed?

TBH
06-May-08, 10:23
So, how many children were hurt or killed?Would none be the right answer? I much prefer watching Australian Dwarf throwing contests.

Metalattakk
06-May-08, 10:42
'None' would be the preferred answer, although there's no documentation provided either way.

Seems to me to be typical Western internet-based scare-mongering, designed to simply get people to over-react against a 'foreign' culture.

I, for one, am not falling for it.

;)

Edit: And yes, Dwarf-tossing should be encouraged. Dwarves are funny guys.

Julia
06-May-08, 10:47
'Indians toss babies for good health', how ironic is that!

TBH
06-May-08, 10:47
'Indians toss babies for good health', how ironic is that!They toss babies and we toss salads, live and let live I say.

Iz it 'cos they iz muslims Metalattakk?

Julia
06-May-08, 10:48
Looks like a large 'muslin' square!

Metalattakk
06-May-08, 11:30
Iz it 'cos they iz muslims Metalattakk?

I believe so.

Looks like a large 'muslin' square!

Hoi! Less of the anti-muslinist overtones if you please, lest my knee start to jerk uncontrollably...[lol]

Kevin Milkins
06-May-08, 13:16
When my little lad used to scream at night and it felt like I had no sleep for a week it made me contemplate doing that without a catcher.:lol:

I think it was invented by Micheal Jackson, at least I think it may have been his idea.:confused

I went to the International dwarf throwing competition at Kings in Canvey Island many years ago . It seemed like good harmless fun for all, but the do gooders banned it anyway.:mad:

MadPict
06-May-08, 13:35
Must be where the expression "they had a bouncing baby boy/girl" originated from.....

Boozeburglar
06-May-08, 17:22
First it is not specifically a Muslim practice.

Second; whilst I will be glad to hear it is stopped, it does not alarm me half as much as other cultural differences I have no need to respect.

Such as the gun culture of the US; and their penchant for religious extremism.

percy toboggan
06-May-08, 18:50

Second; whilst I will be glad to hear it is stopped, it does not alarm me half as much as other cultural differences I have no need to respect.

Such as the gun culture of the US; and their penchant for religious extremism.

Extremism is relative. Shame on you for mentioning the word in an American context. As far as I know the American Christian fundamentlaists ( a more acceptable and appropriate description) haven't stooped to suicide bombing yet, or taking and beheading hostages.

'Extremism' my eye!

percy toboggan
06-May-08, 18:51
Furthemore BB....I much prefer the 'gun culture' of the good 'ole U.S.A. than the one I see weekly on telly with tea-towel draped nutcases & hot-heads shooting rounds off into the air at the very slightest excuse.

honey
06-May-08, 20:01
im assuming this is the story of the tradition of throwing babies of a tower... all for GOOD LUCK!!!
i saw this in the paper and felt sick, poor wee mites.

TBH
06-May-08, 22:06

Such as the gun culture of the US; and their penchant for religious extremism.Quite right Booze, it is a religious practice also followed by Hindus. Never the less it is still mana to the ethnocentric.

George Brims
07-May-08, 21:45
Old joke (tasteless):
[Insert name of talented but dumb Premier League goalie here] is walking along a street when he hears shouts and screaming. A house is on fire, and two floors up a distraught mother is holding her baby out of the window. The assembled crowd are encouraging her to drop the baby but she is frightened to do so. The goalie calls up to her and assures her he will catch the child. Since she recognises him, she trusts him enough to let go. He makes the catch, to everyone's relief. He turns, accepts the applause of the crowd - and boots it upfield!