PDA

View Full Version : Harmsworth Park

rob murray
05-May-08, 10:34
Was at the WAFC v Vale game on Saturday..absolute class from start to finish. However very sickened to see that vandals had once again attacked the ground, spray painting the tea hut, south stand and across advert boards. Created a big mess ( the vandal is called Webbie !!! ) Very disheartening for the people running the club not to say the impression this gives visiting teams. Dont know what can be done here other than erect a 30 foot high spiked fence around the ground, maybe install armed guards !!

George Brims
05-May-08, 20:18
Don't we have some paintball fans on here sometimes? Perhaps one or two of them could be persuaded to lurk a night or two...

rob murray
06-May-08, 13:11
Don't we have some paintball fans on here sometimes? Perhaps one or two of them could be persuaded to lurk a night or two...

A flame thrower would be better ! Must say Im disappointed with the lack of responses to the thread though..to have the only senior club in the north continually attacked by vandals shows a complete disrespect...on second thoughts station rabid alsations in the park

parkie
06-May-08, 17:01
i thought there was a care-taker that lived there

scorrie
06-May-08, 22:48
i thought there was a care-taker that lived there

Perhaps he's taking great care not to get involved. Maybe you can't hear aerosols at work? Paint Balls? Painting their balls may indeed discourage them.

Welcomefamily
07-May-08, 08:09
I am surprised that there are kids in Wick that realize areosols can be used for other things rather than buzzing.

TBH
07-May-08, 11:09
I am surprised that there are kids in Wick that realize areosols can be used for other things rather than buzzing.I suppose that's as bad as thurso kids shouting, "look, a house with wheels", every time they see a bus.

TBH
07-May-08, 11:43
Are there no security cameras at the Harmsworth?

rob murray
07-May-08, 12:18
Are there no security cameras at the Harmsworth? No there none

TBH
07-May-08, 12:33
No there noneIs there no way a deal could be struck with a security firm, advertising space given for a system at a reduced cost to the club? Fundraising to help with the cost?

rob murray
07-May-08, 12:47
Is there no way a deal could be struck with a security firm, advertising space given for a system at a reduced cost to the club? Fundraising to help with the cost?

Good idea..

SNOWDOG
07-May-08, 13:10
[quote=scorrie;380988]Perhaps he's taking great care not to get involved. Maybe you can't hear aerosols at work? Paint Balls? Painting their balls may indeed discourage them.[/quote

The caretaker who lives there has to do with the changing rooms and surrounding buildings. He does not maintain the actual ground, but he keeps an eye on the area anyway. I know for a fact he is out chasing off pontential vandals and suchlike at all hours. The fact that a 'public right of way' goes straight through the park does not help either!!

scorrie
07-May-08, 19:01
[quote=scorrie;380988]Perhaps he's taking great care not to get involved. Maybe you can't hear aerosols at work? Paint Balls? Painting their balls may indeed discourage them.[/quote

The caretaker who lives there has to do with the changing rooms and surrounding buildings. He does not maintain the actual ground, but he keeps an eye on the area anyway. I know for a fact he is out chasing off pontential vandals and suchlike at all hours. The fact that a 'public right of way' goes straight through the park does not help either!!

Calm down, my post was in a humorous vein.