PDA

View Full Version : Important Please Read - Laurandy Center Recipe Book

miranda
01-May-08, 23:40
ok now folks .. anyone of you that are regulars to the recipes know we were discussing the org recipe book ....benefits going to the Laurandy Centre..... so what we need now is your permission to use your recipes
can u collect them to this thread.......so i and fellow orger trix can send them on to printer...... we want ..
starters
main courses
desserts
cakes/sweets
PLEASE!!
we have an orger printing this all out for us ,but need the recipes from all the orgers willing
we will if ok from you all use org names as contributers
so please help us and give us permission /recipes to use
big thanks to all willing to particpate:lol:

miranda
01-May-08, 23:51
anyone who is a regular to the recipe pages of the org will know we...The Laurandy Centre (elderly day care centre based in wick) have permission to put together an Org recipe book so anyone willing to have thier fav recipes shared with ..every one ... could you please go to recipe pages and donate your recipe
every persons help is appreciated
thanks
miranda x

golach
02-May-08, 00:09
so please help us and give us permission /recipes to use
big thanks to all willing to particpate:lol:
Miranda, use any of mine you see fit

dellwak
02-May-08, 13:01
You can have all mine Miranda.
How do you want them collected to this thread?
All in one post, or each to a separate post?

bluebell
03-May-08, 03:08
Can't wait till recipe book comes out I will certainly be buying it. Laurandy is a great service so I hope all you ogers will support it..

floyed
28-May-08, 20:23
Here is my contribution -

TABLET

55g (2oz) butter
250ml (9fl oz) milk
900g (2lb) granulated sugar
397g can Carnation Condensed Milk

melt the butter with the milk. Slowly add the sugar, bring to the boil and bubble briskly for 4 minutes.

Gradually stir in the condensed milk. Bring back to the boil and bubble for about 20 mins, stir regularly until mixture is thick and a honey caramel colour.

Remove the pan from the heat and beat the fudge until thick and grainy about 10mins.

Pour into 23cm lined tin and leave to set fully then remove tin and cut into squares.

johndy
29-May-08, 22:35
Truffles

4oz milk chocolate
2oz butter
2oz ground almonds
6oz icing sugar
2 tsp coffee essence
2 beaten egg yolks

Melt chocolate and butter, stir in coffee essence and egg yolks
(all in a bowl over pan of boiling water)
remove for heat stir in almonds and icing sugar.
Spread on to a tin leave for 1 - 2 hours
Roll into balls and toss in milk chocolate vermicalli

alanatkie
30-May-08, 12:00
9oz plain (all purpose) flour
3oz caster sugar
6oz unsalted butter (NOT MARGARINE)

Preparation
Mix flour and sugar. Rub in butter and knead with warm hands until thoroughly combined and smooth (no cracks) – overwork rather than underwork.
Divide into two equal parts and press into the bottom of 2 x 7” lightly buttered cake tins (it should be quite thin). Flute edges with your knuckle. all over with a fork and mark each one into six sections. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.

Bake at 160C for 30 mins. When done it should just start to brown and look a little risen and spongy. Leave to cool just a little then retrace the sections right through the shortbread (do this before it gets cold as the cake becomes very brittle and will break when you try to cut it). Turn out the sections when cold.