PDA

View Full Version : Would you?

karia
30-Apr-08, 19:02
This idea,whilst it has been mooted for several years, is now being seriously considered for a Tesco near me.:eek:

How do you think it would go down in Caithness?:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3665777.stm

WeeBurd
30-Apr-08, 19:10
This idea,whilst it has been mooted for several years, is now being seriously considered for a Tesco near me.

How do you think it would go down in Caithness?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3665777.stm

No need for the Burd family anyway- the monthly shop <two bulging trolleys & two crabby toddlers in tow>, is enough of a work out in itself! Dealing with all that is stressful enough, without additional wheel resistance, and a machine beeping at me warning me I'm about to spontaneously combust... :evil[lol]

karia
30-Apr-08, 19:22
Well maybe I am missing something Weebs but there is barely enough room in our Tesco as it is... without people using it as a gym.

Advice in some of their keypoints:

Keep your pace up..even if this means weaving between customers.:eek:

YummyMummy
30-Apr-08, 19:30
Deary me. Imagine us all at Tesco? - they'll be installing Healthy Eating Police at the door next, checking we’ve got our 5-a-day….

They should go the full hogg and electrify the trollies, so those of us not feeling the strain could get a zap to keep us from loitering at the chocolate!!!

Do you think they’ll do “before” and “after” pics???

karia
30-Apr-08, 19:34
Might bring a whole new meaning to the 'self scanning' aisles.:confused

miranda
30-Apr-08, 22:55
will leave that till my personal shopper..seems too much like hard work
will stick to sitting at home with a glass of vino and tesco.com.....why have a dog and bark yersel i say:lol:

dirdyweeker
30-Apr-08, 22:59
Quote " shoppers are thought to burn up around 160 calories during a typical 40 minute visit to the supermarket pushing a standard trolley"

I doubt very much if I burn that much. I tend to stroll for what seems forever. Never was able to go in and out with what was listed. A quick visit can easily be stretched out for an hour......followed by coffee on the way out just to ADD to my calories:)

joxville
30-Apr-08, 23:15
Deary me. Imagine us all at Tesco? - they'll be installing Healthy Eating Police at the door next, checking we’ve got our 5-a-day….

They should go the full hogg and electrify the trollies, so those of us not feeling the strain could get a zap to keep us from loitering at the chocolate!!!

Do you think they’ll do “before” and “after” pics???

Will they change their slogan to 'every little yelps'

Margaret M.
01-May-08, 00:52
I'm all for keeping fit but that sounds plain silly.

George Brims
01-May-08, 01:47
Absolutely not. I have a messed up lumbar region and I get severe pain from a bad normal trolley, never mind one with drag built in. And how many people have you seen who can push a trolley straight anyway? Never mind the ones with one wonky wheel (which seems to be most of them).

thejudd
01-May-08, 01:56
i'm with you miranda I like my personal shopper at tesco.com lol:lol:

the_count
01-May-08, 01:58
noooo it has to be free rolling so i can practice me dance twirls with em lol :lol:

Riffman
01-May-08, 10:51
The current trolley are ideal for fast and efficent shopping. Especially the medium ones. Load them up with around 20 bottles at the front and you can lean on the back and freewheel the entire length of an aisle withoot touching the floor! Now that is energy efficient!

Mind you being a grown man I do get some funny looks...[lol]