PDA

View Full Version : Can you help?

highlander
27-Apr-08, 16:29
As many of you will know my son is out in Afganistan, we have been sending parcels each week, you can send a box up to 2kg free, the lads and lassies are desperate for anything you can send, even if its your old newpapers, magazines, paperbacks, we have been sending tins of fruit, tuna, cereal bars, wet ones, hecks i even sent a simpsons comic lol, so if any of you can help out here is an address you can send your parcels. A little means a lot to them, thanks.
http://www.freewebs.com/parcels4troops/index.htm

dirdyweeker
27-Apr-08, 19:00
what a great idea. My brother is in Kabul just now so will away tomorrow and make him a box. :) Can think of a good few things he might be missing.

trinkie
28-Apr-08, 07:53
Thank you so much for the reminder ..
Although the Forces are constantly in our thoughts and prayers, it is easy for us without relatives there to forget now and then - shame on me!
I will put a parcel together soon and send it with my love and grateful thanks.

Trinkie

Jackpot
28-Apr-08, 20:45
Hey Guys what a fantastic idea!

Have you an address that I can send my box to?

Ta!

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-08, 23:34
When my son was doing his bit at the start of the Irac war I made up some CD's and DVD's to go in a parcel and as a lot of what he had to do was sit and wate it was just what was needed. We had no contact for 3 months and when he did get in touch he said him and his mates were delighted with some Derrick and Clive stuff to chear them up.

hobbes1962
29-Apr-08, 20:52
I've been looking into sending parcels to troops and have hit upon a problem. For you to send a parcel you need to send it to a named individual, you can't just sent it to any soldier. So what are you meant to do if you don't actually know any soldiers?:roll:

Kevin Milkins
29-Apr-08, 21:36
I've been looking into sending parcels to troops and have hit upon a problem. For you to send a parcel you need to send it to a named individual, you can't just sent it to any soldier. So what are you meant to do if you don't actually know any soldiers?:roll:

Hi hobbes1962
I just phoned my lad and he said that a lot of the lads he was with out there would post there details on the BFPO web site to encourage people to write or send parcels. If you type BFPO into your bar it will come up with lots of info on this subject.
Good luck and best wishes
Kevin Milkins

highlander
29-Apr-08, 21:43
Sorry folks about not having an address on that link, i have been in touch with my daughter-in-law and shes going to get in touch with the army tomorrow to get an address for your parcels to be sent, thank you everyone who has pm me, i know the lads and lassies will be delighted with your parcels, its good that the orgers are rallying around to help them.

Kevin Milkins
29-Apr-08, 22:01
Hi again hobbes1962
If you have not already worked it out ,this is what you have to do.
Type in bfpo, and this will take you to the British Forces Post Office web site.
You will have to register with a e-bluey account. This is to make sure no one can send hate mail etc without being traced. When you have done that you will be allowed access to the bulletin boared and live chat etc with people that would like a parcel or letter etc.
Good luck and best wishes
Kevin Milkins

SunnyChick
30-Apr-08, 09:20
I am also going to make up a box for the troops, and see if I can get folks at work organised for a couple more. Great idea. K xxx

highlander
30-Apr-08, 10:33
Have been in touch with the army today to find out an address to send things to the troops, they said you need to have a contact name to send parcels, i can give you my sons name for parcels to be sent, and he will hand them out to the lads who are not getting anything, if you put your name and address on front of the box and a short note inside, the person who receives your parcels will write back to thank you, when they are not in camp they have to live on ration packs which are ok, but not to eat every day, i usually buy a small box from the post office and its amazing how much you can get into it, but it must not be over 2kg or they wont accept it the postage is free, anyone who is still interested please pm me and i will give you my sons address for parcels to be sent to afganistan, thank-you once again for your help.

dirdyweeker
30-Apr-08, 12:45
My box is all ready for posting today. I just used an old shoe box and am amazed at how much I crammed into it. My brother is out there with the RAF (in Kabul) so if you want a contact for parcels (he would share them!) you could also pm me.:D

dirdyweeker
30-Apr-08, 19:03
thanks for the pm's re sending parcels to the "troops" I am sure my brother will be delighted with your offers and he will certainly share. Will be in touch as I have said..............

Bakerbhoy
01-May-08, 14:13
Can you not put on it "Service Man/Woman", depending on what is in your box? I am sure on the news at xmas when there was the huge delay in delivering parcels due to the volume being sent some of the parcels shown had that on them but hey could be wrong My OH is out in Afghanistan he says it makes the guys day when they get parcels from home.

highlander
09-May-08, 17:21
I was reading the John Ogroat Journal today and noticed my son had written a letter of thanks to a Mr and Mrs Sutherland of Durness Street, Thurso. One of the lads had received a parcel from them, chris was delighted to see it was from his home town, as he says life is tough out there, with tempertures in the 40s and have to carry 9 litres of water at all time.
Your parcels make such a difference to moral, so if any orgers are wanting an address to send free parcels, up to 2 kg, i will add his address here as stated in the newspaper.

Cpl Chris Chalmers
Mastiff Coy,
2 SCOTS,
Op Herrick 8
BFPO 792

dirdyweeker
15-Jun-08, 17:33
Following on from the 'parcels to the troops' I thought I should share this letter with all those who helped. Thank-you, you know who you are. They can still be sent free at any time.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm163/dirdyweeker/thankyoufromKabul.jpg