PDA

View Full Version : Regularity is the answer

Loch not Lock
27-Apr-08, 10:32
This is a different concept than my previous Car Boot thread. In order for them to be truely successful and raise lots for charities they need to be held on a regular weekly/fortnightly basis. Thurso has plenty of different areas suitable as a venues.
Inverness started regular Sunday sales in the Council car park about 15 years ago and it has grown from a few stalls to about 100 and thousands of buyers. They must raise a fortune for charity.
The same could happen in Thurso on a smaller scale and provide both money and enjoyment.
They are addictive so regularity is the answer as it is in so many ways.:)

wifie
27-Apr-08, 10:46
Blimey thought this was going to be a thread about bowel habits! Sounds like there could be a call for regular car boots in Caithness.

Venture
27-Apr-08, 10:50
This is a different concept than my previous Car Boot thread. In order for them to be truely successful and raise lots for charities they need to be held on a regular weekly/fortnightly basis. Thurso has plenty of different areas suitable as a venues.
Inverness started regular Sunday sales in the Council car park about 15 years ago and it has grown from a few stalls to about 100 and thousands of buyers. They must raise a fortune for charity.
The same could happen in Thurso on a smaller scale and provide both money and enjoyment.
They are addictive so regularity is the answer as it is in so many ways.:)

I agree with you. I always find when Ive had a clear out there's no car boot sales on. Everything is jammed in the shed until you can find out when the next one is on and sometimes they are months apart. Sunday's are made for car boot sale browsing and I for one would definitely use a local venue for selling and buying.

Loch not Lock
27-Apr-08, 14:09
I think they could use the old Viewfirth site as a weekly venue throughout the summer and it could be run by Dounreay as a contribution to the local people. The profits could be shared amongst various charities and societies. It would definately grow and be most popular.
Who does one contact at Dounreay to get this off the ground?

badger
27-Apr-08, 19:03
Blimey thought this was going to be a thread about bowel habits! Sounds like there could be a call for regular car boots in Caithness.

That was my first thought as well. At least it got us reading the post :) . Regular car boot sales would be a great idea, especially if they really were car boot and not table top. I love them.