PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Skies

Kevin Milkins
26-Apr-08, 21:00
Just looking out the window and looking at yet another beutifull Caithness sunset .When I moved up here just over 2 years ago I remember saying to a farmer how beutifull the skies are in Caithness and he replied,"dont they have a sky down south," Do the people here in the north enjoy the natural beuty or take it for granted because thats how it has always been.?

the_count
26-Apr-08, 21:02
i think thejudd read this lol she just came in a nicked me camera :lol:

Ricco
26-Apr-08, 21:06
i think thejudd read this lol she just came in a nicked me camera :lol:

We expect to see the pictures, then. ;)

bobandag16
26-Apr-08, 21:18
Just looking out the window and looking at yet another beutifull Caithness sunset .When I moved up here just over 2 years ago I remember saying to a farmer how beutifull the skies are in Caithness and he replied,"dont they have a sky down south," Do the people here in the north enjoy the natural beuty or take it for granted because thats how it has always been.?
moved to caithness 1960 all famillies from south of england came to visit could not believe colours can be so bright. there films were un natural. also have the biggest sheep seagulls like albatross beauty cannnot to told how they all like to come up . no way need visa. learn the lingo lovely place.

Moira
26-Apr-08, 21:27
Just looking out the window.........
Do the people here in the north enjoy the natural beuty or take it for granted because thats how it has always been.?

I was watching it too Kevin and it was indeed a beautiful sunset tonight. I've lived here all my life and I certainly don't take the space, the skies and the countryside for granted. I continue to find something a bit special about Caithness most days. :)

Have you ever seen the "Northern Lights"?

Kevin Milkins
26-Apr-08, 21:37
I was watching it too Kevin and it was indeed a beautiful sunset tonight. I've lived here all my life and I certainly don't take the space, the skies and the countryside for granted. I continue to find something a bit special about Caithness most days. :)

Have you ever seen the "Northern Lights"?

No I have not seen them in all there glory but somtimes I take myself off down to ,(I think its called Bilbster Forrest) down the Sybster road late at night to get away from the light polution and have convinced myself I am looking at a watered down version. As a youngster in South Wales we used to have family come to visit from London and they used to go on about the mountains and valleys and we thought nowt of them. I do now ,But am glad to hear that you recognise the Northern Skies for there Beuty

thejudd
26-Apr-08, 22:46
no county hun i looked out the window lol and it was such a beautiful sky

the_count
26-Apr-08, 22:56
well are ya gonna post ya piccies judd??:roll:

thejudd
27-Apr-08, 00:53
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll85/thejudd432/sunsets/newfolder018.jpghttp://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll85/thejudd432/sunsets/newfolder017.jpg

thejudd
27-Apr-08, 00:55
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll85/thejudd432/sunsets/newfolder016.jpg

johndh
27-Apr-08, 09:25
I've travelled extensively, and I have seen some wonderful sights. But, to just pause , and watch the Caithness sunsets while I'm putting the hens away for the night is a real privilege. I've also seen so many different birds, that I once thought only existed in books. Brilliant. :D

I hope I never take this for granted.

trix
28-Apr-08, 01:32
i da take caithness's natural beauty for granted.....

i wis oot aboot 'e dunes on keiss an reiss beach on 'e quad bike aday an it wis choost fantastic.

what a lovely day it wis. not a cloud in 'e sky an 'e sea wis so blue...

last week i wis cuttin aboot aukengill beach an all 'e birdies wis goin aboot, curlews an water snipes.

i also appreciate that we can see 'e moon most nites she's oot an no too cloudy, an 'e stars. last nite they were crystal clear.

in 'e citys ye da see much o'ed wi all 'e tall buildins in 'e rod...

an o' course 'e beautiful sunsets....it really wis magnificent last nite.

i widna want til live anywhere else in' e world....

Kevin Milkins
28-Apr-08, 01:57
i da take caithness's natural beauty for granted.....

i wis oot aboot 'e dunes on keiss an reiss beach on 'e quad bike aday an it wis choost fantastic.

what a lovely day it wis. not a cloud in 'e sky an 'e sea wis so blue...

last week i wis cuttin aboot aukengill beach an all 'e birdies wis goin aboot, curlews an water snipes.

i also appreciate that we can see 'e moon most nites she's oot an no too cloudy, an 'e stars. last nite they were crystal clear.

in 'e citys ye da see much o'ed wi all 'e tall buildins in 'e rod...

an o' course 'e beautiful sunsets....it really wis magnificent last nite.

i widna want til live anywhere else in' e world....

Reading what Trix has to say in reply to my thread reminds me of a fellow Welshman ,W H Davies who wrote the the poem as follows.

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?—
No time to stand beneath the boughs,
And stare as long as sheep and cows:

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass:

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night:

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance:

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began?

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Thank you Trix and Mr Davies ,as he could spell Beauty better than me.