PDA

View Full Version : Why I wish I had studied

stratman
25-Apr-08, 22:09
Well, I knew I should have studied and worked at home during my youth more. I am just having a clear out and found my notes from my student nurse days. On one page, under my short notes, is a long declaration of love for me from some one who wrote that she sat behind me during our school blocks. If only I had bothered to review my notes within the last 27 years. I know who it was and did not realise the feeling were mutual. Damn it!!!

Venture
25-Apr-08, 22:13
Well, I knew I should have studied and worked at home during my youth more. I am just having a clear out and found my notes from my student nurse days. On one page, under my short notes, is a long declaration of love for me from some one who wrote that she sat behind me during our school blocks. If only I had bothered to review my notes within the last 27 years. I know who it was and did not realise the feeling were mutual. Damn it!!!

What a shame:(. Well you know what they say - Its never too late;)

NickInTheNorth
25-Apr-08, 22:14
What a touching wee tale, as Venture said it's never to late...

trix
26-Apr-08, 16:58
na...ye'v blown it stratman :(

too late.....

let'id be a lesson til ye....

percy toboggan
26-Apr-08, 20:24
A poignant tale...good idea for a short story this.

stratman
26-Apr-08, 22:34
Thanks Folks

Freinds-Reunited is unproductive so iguess you are right Trix. Just a passing thought and mid life crisis.

wifie
26-Apr-08, 23:15
Och stratman don't give up so easily!

trix
27-Apr-08, 00:52
Och stratman don't give up so easily!

hardly wifie...27 years wis mentioned....ats ma whole life time.....! (an a year or two more)

sorry stratman, but ye can always dream :lol:

i do it masel frequently.....

if only eh...? :roll:

Valerie Campbell
27-Apr-08, 10:33
Maybe if she reads this, she'll get in touch. What a lovely story...

wifie
27-Apr-08, 10:44
Nah trix dinna be negative! Ye hear stories with big time gaps all the time - very heart warming ;) We are needing a happy ending here on the org stratman - too much doom and gloom around these days!

golach
27-Apr-08, 12:05
Nah trix dinna be negative! Ye hear stories with big time gaps all the time - very heart warming ;) We are needing a happy ending here on the org stratman - too much doom and gloom around these days!
Got to agree with you Wifie...too much doom an gloom, keep in there Stratman, stranger things have happened, keep us up to date :)

ciderally
27-Apr-08, 13:07

John Greenleaf Whittier....

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'

DeHaviLand
27-Apr-08, 14:48
John Greenleaf Whittier....

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'

And these, courtesy of Meat Loaf, the singer, not the food;

The loneliest words youll ever know
If only-if only it was so
The emptiest words that therell ever be:
It could have been me. it could have been me

percy toboggan
27-Apr-08, 14:54
I'd leave well alone in reality.
Good basis for a yarn.
Two totally different people now...not least in the physical form.
Put it down to the richness of the tapestry...and the odd dropped stitch.

stratman
27-Apr-08, 15:49
I'd leave well alone in reality.
Good basis for a yarn.
Two totally different people now...not least in the physical form.
Put it down to the richness of the tapestry...and the odd dropped stitch.

Agreed.

By heck Trix, you make me feel so old. You have not done wonders for the midlife crisis I mentioned.:)

trix
27-Apr-08, 21:32
hardly wifie...27 years wis mentioned....ats ma whole life time.....! (an a year or two more)

By heck Trix, you make me feel so old. You have not done wonders for the midlife crisis I mentioned.

oops sorry stratman...i ment a year or two less

maths never wis ma strong point...:roll:

still, anyway, i bet ye wis fair delited when ye seen yer 'love note'

maybe ye could track her doon thro jeremy kyle or somethin.....?

na, am only windin ye up.....

leave her far she belongs....in yer imagination ;)

Loch not Lock
27-Apr-08, 22:49

A tearful discovery but after 27 years she might be married with 6 children. Best leave things alone, stratman. Mind you if it was me I couldn't resist a very discreet investigation even though its the wrong path to take.:~(

trix
27-Apr-08, 23:19
no wantin til make ye feel bad 'or 'at stratman but......

imagine how 'e poor lascie felt efter she hed written 'e 'love note'

she might o' thought that ye hed read it an choost ignored her :eek:

bet she wis mortified every time she seen ye....

bet yer regrettin 'iss now - :Razz

gardenergirl
29-Apr-08, 15:57
Mind you if it was me I couldn't resist a very discreet investigation even though its the wrong path to take.:~(

Who's to say it is the wrong path? I agree, investigate, and see what happens - you never know, she might be single. It could make quite the story to tell the grandkids! ;)

trix
29-Apr-08, 16:20
Who's to say it is the wrong path? I agree, investigate, and see what happens - you never know, she might be single. It could make quite the story to tell the grandkids!

aw, ye beeg romantic gg :roll:

a 'bonnie dunt' in store for ye if ye do stratman....

stay groonded ma fiend :lol: