PDA

View Full Version : morning sickness

balto
25-Apr-08, 10:53
wondering if anyone is any tips on how to help morning sickness, it is getting really bad, this is my 4th baby i was the same with my 1st and 3rd, dont really want to take tablets as i dont feel they are safe.

weegie
25-Apr-08, 10:58
ginger nuts were good for me, and they say herbal teas but they dont always taste good.
otherwise i dunno but hope your ok
x

sjr014
25-Apr-08, 10:59
I'm afraid i tried everything but ended up getting tablets from the doctor and they worked a treat, they were anti-histamines but did the trick. If they wern't safe then they wouldn't prescribe while pregnant, and i had healthy baby girl. And nowt worse than being sick. Good luck xxxxx

balto
25-Apr-08, 11:03
nah not keen on taking tablets, know of a person who did this, and the baby was disabled, so dont want to risk it.

crashbandicoot1979
25-Apr-08, 11:41
Peppermint tea is good for general nausea so would probably be helpful for morning sickness too?

Skerries
25-Apr-08, 11:52
Dry biscuits like a water biscuit or a Ryvita, apples, and lemon and ginger tea.

Don't let your stomach stay empty or it will be worse!

trix
25-Apr-08, 12:26
Don't let your stomach stay empty or it will be worse!

heres yer excuse for them extra couple o' pounds ;)

the_count
25-Apr-08, 15:03
This will probably make you feel worse lol but my wife went through a phase of eating pickled onions dipped in strawberry yogurt. It certainly seemed to work for her lol :lol:

wifie
25-Apr-08, 15:07
If possible eat something - just a plain biscuit - before getting out of bed. I found that as soon as I was vertical off I went.

Anji
25-Apr-08, 15:12
Ginger nuts dunked in tea worked for me. Works even better if you have them before you get out of bed.

Sapphire2803
25-Apr-08, 15:28
Ginger nuts, ginger cake, ginger ale, ginger tea

Are you noticing a theme here? :lol:

Ginger is the traditional cure for morning sickness.

balto
25-Apr-08, 15:58
to be honest tried most of those, except the herbal tea, when i had my last baby i was really ill unto past 20 wks, just hoping it eases of before then this time.

mums angels
25-Apr-08, 16:41
hi balto

i too am on baby number 4 and for some reason i'm sorry to say nothing at all worked for morning sickness the midwifes were wanting to perscribe me something but i wouldn't take it, it continued until 18 weeks when i started trying a preassure band that goes on your wrist , i dont know if it was that that worked but you can get them at the chemist and they arn't expensive , hope you find something that works...luckily all i get now is constant heart burn and go through a packet of rennie a day lol .

ExoticQueen
25-Apr-08, 17:28
i have had five kids and i found the only thing that worked for me was dry toast as soon as i woke up i was fine all day certainly worked for me and rich tea biscuits hope you get something that works:)

twiglet
25-Apr-08, 23:17
Suffered morning sickness all through my pregnancy almost 24/7, was even sick hile in labour. Sometimes a richtea biscuit before I got up worked and dry toast. Found some great sweets in a health food shop, they were orange and ginger but don't know where you could get them up here.

I took the anti-sickness tablets presribed, but they had little or no effect so just had to deal with it as best I could and my baby suffered no ill effects. Hope your sickness gets better, it's no fun.

Venture
26-Apr-08, 00:26
Here is a link to a thread that
was on the org previously. Lots of suggestions there. Hope you find the answer.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=23421&highlight=morning+sickness (http://forum.caithness.org/go.php?url=http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=23421&highlight=morning+sickness)

Fran
26-Apr-08, 03:52
Peppermint cream sweets are very good.

balto
26-Apr-08, 11:14
thnaks to everyone for your advice, i am jsut hoping i find something that works soon. thanks again.

_awayoflife_
26-Apr-08, 11:42
i also had really bad morning sickness was being sick about 9 or 10 times a day nothing really worked for me i just drank plenty of water for a couple of months couldnt eat anything. altho at first the ginger nut in the morning did work but as it got worse it stopped working.

Katy
26-Apr-08, 13:37
I found salt & vinegar crisps especially Disco's helped me loads! The same as someone else said don't let your stomach go empty just eat little and often and it is surprising how much it helps!
Hope it goes soon as it isn't much fun at all having to run after another 3 kiddos and you want to enjoy your pregnancy.
Kx

honey
26-Apr-08, 14:17
i found this website really helpful when i was pregnant, especially the forums.

http://www.emmasdiary.co.uk/

Katy - i found salt and vinegar crisps a very bad idea when i had morning sickness!!

YummyMummy
26-Apr-08, 14:52
Don't know why they call it morning sickness when it happens 24/7!!

Have you tried pure essential oils? Either Ginger or lemon or peppermint (depending on what sets you off ) are excellent. Just put a couple of drops in burner's throughout the house and on a tissue, etc while in the car.

Good luck, nothing worse.

Anji
26-Apr-08, 18:47
Essential oils are fine used in a burner, etc, but don't apply any to your skin as some can be dangerous during pregnancy.

SunnyChick
26-Apr-08, 19:41
Hi there,

Hope you aren't suffering too much longer with the sickness.

I always find that a mug of boiled water, as hot as you can handle is great for an icky tummy.

Think the key when you are pregnant is to eat a little, often. This way you're not digesting huge amounts of food, and you probably won't get quite so naseous.

Hope that helps. xx

Rie
26-Apr-08, 20:56
Have to say the crackers and gingernuts helped me through terrible morning sickness, Good luck xx

pauline79
27-Apr-08, 19:44
Hi
I found that the sea bands (travel bands) helped, if you get them on the right pressure point they do take the edge off of things.
I tried the ginger nuts, etc but i just had such a hard time trying to force them down.
Hope you feel better soon

grumpy1
28-Apr-08, 17:54
special k worked a treat for me.. that or ginger biscuits..i know they work for travel sickness not sure for morning sickness..still u won't know til u try...
good luck :roll:

Dadie
29-Apr-08, 16:03
I tried the bands they seemed to help a bit but eating little and often helped too...got hubby to bring me tea and toast to me in bed and ate lots of little meals through the day so i didnt eat much at a time but my stomach was never empty either but i resorted to crackers and ginger biscuits too..sooking sweeties helped a bit if i just felt icky but even the strong smells would set me off in the early days but i was sick for about 19 weeks! Good luck!

DAF501
29-Apr-08, 18:08
Crystallized ginger, from health food shop. Worked a treat for my partner!!

ett23
29-Apr-08, 21:53
Like several others have already said the only miracle cure for me was travel sickness pressure point bands. Sadly I found them too tight and it was too painful to keep them on for too long. But when I did wear them they worked really well. This is from someone who lost 21lbs in the first 3 months of pregnancy so I did have morning sickness pretty bad!! I can really sympathize with you it is the worst thing in the world and I also didn't consider taking tablets during pregnancy. :confused

TBH
29-Apr-08, 21:58
Try chewing sunflower seeds.