PDA

View Full Version : Extra storage space in greenhouse

cockerel
22-Apr-08, 14:35
Short of storage space in your greenhouse?
I was untill I spotted a mini greenhouse @ £9.99 in Poundstretcher or Home Store. I made it up as per instructions but didn't put plastic cover on, I now have 4 trays for storage instead of using my table. I'm buying another one today but I'll make it up with the cover on, to give more protection incase of sudden frosts.
I am using the cover as a cloche in my raised seed bed.

pinkbothy
30-Apr-08, 22:00
I used to use these mini poly-greenhouses, when I lived down in Perthshire, where I only had a tiny garden. They're great value but the frames rust & bend from the wind, within a year. If you use them with the cover on & the supplied tie-downs, the cover will rip to pieces in the wind & your seedlings will be shaken out of their trays, into a heap on the ground. The whole thing frequently breaks from its mooring & goes into orbit, usually to be found in a neighbours garden, ending up like tangled metal spaghetti. Don't let me deter you though!

Scunner
30-Apr-08, 22:35
They are useful in the greenhouse, and if the covers rip, you can get replacements. I like them and have had them for years. Even had one outside and put strawberries in growbags on one.