PDA

View Full Version : wandering dog

ellie-lou
21-Apr-08, 09:21
hi just wondering if anyone knows where to report a dog in my area thats allowed out to roam on its own,my daughter is to scared to go out to school in mornings when its there. its unusual to have this in pennyland drive but its new tenants that moved in down the road while back.

Venture
21-Apr-08, 09:30
Wick 607737 for the dog warden. Hope that helps.

dirdyweeker
21-Apr-08, 09:33
Do you not feel able to ask the owners not to let it wander? I am sure if they thought you were planning on intervening further they might just comply. Also saves 'fallouts' in the neighbourhood if done directly. Good luck whatever you decide. I too had a child who disliked dogs and actually came home from going back to school after his lunch in Primary school days as he heard a dog barking close by!

3boys4me
21-Apr-08, 09:45
Is this dog a fluffy collie? if so it attacked my dog on castlegreen rd, who was in heat and had to keep pushing it off my dog!!!!There was no owner around or anything! People should take better care of thir pets.

ellie-lou
21-Apr-08, 10:12
no its a husky style dog.

Margaret M.
21-Apr-08, 14:55
I agree with Dirdyweeker. Calling the dog warden is not the best way to handle it, in my opinion. Why not pay them a wee visit and give them a belated welcome to the neigbourhood? Then ever so tactfully have a chat about their dog and make them aware that some are afraid of it. Give them a chance to do the right thing.

blackcat
21-Apr-08, 15:09
no its a husky style dog.

Didn't a huskie type dog kill a cat in Castlegreen Rd a while back?

Buttercup
21-Apr-08, 17:25
I agree with Dirdyweeker. Calling the dog warden is not the best way to handle it, in my opinion. Why not pay them a wee visit and give them a belated welcome to the neigbourhood? Then ever so tactfully have a chat about their dog and make them aware that some are afraid of it. Give them a chance to do the right thing.

Do you not feel able to ask the owners not to let it wander? I am sure if they thought you were planning on intervening further they might just comply. Also saves 'fallouts' in the neighbourhood if done directly. Good luck whatever you decide. I too had a child who disliked dogs and actually came home from going back to school after his lunch in Primary school days as he heard a dog barking close by!

Sorry have to disagree with you here. If these folks are in the least interested in their pet's welfare they wouldn't be allowing it to roam in the first place. The dog warden is the best option. Mind you, if they're anything like the folk round my way, it'll make no difference.

bobandag16
21-Apr-08, 19:14
hi just wondering if anyone knows where to report a dog in my area thats allowed out to roam on its own,my daughter is to scared to go out to school in mornings when its there. its unusual to have this in pennyland drive but its new tenants that moved in down the road while back.
if a danger to the public. police only option. will not be thanked for it.

mums angels
21-Apr-08, 19:18
dunno if its the same dog but my daughter got a bit scared by a dog on its own a few weeks ago on the way home from school it was castlegreen road and she said the dog was quite big , the dog owner should make sure its under supervision

webmannie
21-Apr-08, 19:48
If it`s one of the huskies that killed Chancer a few months ago then somebody report it to the police before it kills a child, if the two of them are out and about they will gang up on a child. DO NOT think twice about reporting the dog, they are both extremely dangerous.

ellie-lou
22-Apr-08, 15:07
think its just the 1dog these people have,herd from a parent at the school this morning that the dog was in the pennyland school grounds 1 day last week at playtime her daughter was playing and saw it.

meu04223
22-Apr-08, 15:52
my dog got attacked by another dog when i was out walking him, i held onto the 1.5m lead with my eyes shut but came off ok, my dog did well :) but i was so annoyed (it was not the first time) I phoned the police and they said they would not drive the miles from wick as it was over and I was ok. I'd recommend phoning the dog warden on 60 7737, then the owners will be aware that the situation is problematic.

ŠAmethyst
22-Apr-08, 17:55
A visit from the dog warden should do the trick... if not... Well, doesn't the dog warden have powers to seize the animal?

Katy
22-Apr-08, 18:04
The dog warden is very good and defo worth giving a phone, she wil give you advice or take action whatever you wish.
To be totally honest the police aren't really interested in this, having previous experience with trouble with dogs worrying sheep they just couldn't have cared less!
Hope you get it sorted out soon.
Katy x