PDA

View Full Version : broken bottles at wick riverside

katarina
20-Apr-08, 20:08
As I was walking down the path to wick riverside, I saw some boys collecting glass bottles left by the winos and putting them in a supermarker trolley. I thought how commendable of these young lads to care about their enviroment. Unfortunately my optimism was short lived. when I returned not only was the trolly discarded, but the bottles had been smashed all over the path. If one of you is reading this and you know who you are, I would like you to know that a dog cut his paw so badly that he had to have emergency surgery to prevent him bleeding to death. If it was your intention to cause so much pain and suffering to an innocent animal, then congratulations! You have succeeded.

Katy
20-Apr-08, 20:40
That is soooo terrible, your poor dog, I hope he is ok?
Have you reported it to the police? They should be made to pay your vets bill and tidy the Riverside up as punishment for there stupid idea of fun!
Katy x

Minty
20-Apr-08, 20:45
My blood has reached boiling point reading this post[disgust] I hope the young vandals (not what I would like to call them) see this thread. Pity they had not been caught at the time & been made to pick up every last piece of glass with their bare hands. I hope the poor Dog recovers quickly & is not in any pain.

bonami
20-Apr-08, 20:58
On Thursday night last week I passed the paper shop in Bridge St a group of youths were hanging around all round thier feet they had dropped papers bottles cans etc they then walked away leaving thier mess no doubt for the staff of the shop to clean up. All this right under the CTV camera across the street.

percy toboggan
20-Apr-08, 21:07
A story that started off so promisingly soon evaporated into more bad news.
Why do we have no law enforcement on our streets? Lord knows we pay enough for it.
Almost makes me long for the days when I could get thruppence for an empty bottle.I guess today's rate might be twenty pence. This might make some of the idiots think again...assuming they have brains at all.

karia
20-Apr-08, 21:21
As I was walking down the path to wick riverside, I saw some boys collecting glass bottles left by the winos and putting them in a supermarker trolley. I thought how commendable of these young lads to care about their enviroment. Unfortunately my optimism was short lived. when I returned not only was the trolly discarded, but the bottles had been smashed all over the path. If one of you is reading this and you know who you are, I would like you to know that a dog cut his paw so badly that he had to have emergency surgery to prevent him bleeding to death. If it was your intention to cause so much pain and suffering to an innocent animal, then congratulations! You have succeeded.

Why would they pick up the bottles and place them in the supermarket trolley only to take them out again and smash them on the path?:confused

The picking up was observed by the poster but what happened before she returned back to the scene was not..how can we then construe that the lads seen picking up the bottles are the people who went on to smash them.:eek:

The police should certainly be informed...of the 'facts' in hand...perhaps the 'suppositions' are unnecessary to the case.

jings00
20-Apr-08, 21:58
there is broken glass everywhere! my dog has cut his paw and i have also had a pair of boots ruined cos a bit of (unnoticed) broken glass went through them. broken glass in the garages, where bottles/glasses have been thrown against walls, tis all over the place.
:-(

Boozeburglar
20-Apr-08, 22:56
I have had to repair wounds on my doggies' paws frequently due to broken glass.

It is indeed a huge problem.

MadPict
21-Apr-08, 00:03
Kevlar booties are available for dogs if you find it is a real problem.

jings00
21-Apr-08, 11:21
Kevlar booties are available for dogs if you find it is a real problem.

i would need kevlar gloves too, then, cos i don't think ma dog would let me put anythin on his paws!!
ps. do they come in green?? :-)

zappster
21-Apr-08, 11:26
Aye its bloomin sad as there are enough bins down there..
When our band used to practise down in the boating shed we Regularly used to go out & sweep up the broken glass...but since a couple of idiot councillors decided not to let us use the boating shed anymore(after having only 5 parctises last year)because we used too much electricity!!...they can go sweep it up themselves .What a pair of clowns!

katarina
21-Apr-08, 18:28
Why would they pick up the bottles and place them in the supermarket trolley only to take them out again and smash them on the path?:confused

The picking up was observed by the poster but what happened before she returned back to the scene was not..how can we then construe that the lads seen picking up the bottles are the people who went on to smash them.:eek:

The police should certainly be informed...of the 'facts' in hand...perhaps the 'suppositions' are unnecessary to the case.

I can't answer as to why they would do that. However i was just across the river and didn't see anyone else up there (beside the quoiting shed) as i was coming back I saw the two younger boys climbing over the fence and running across the park to the police houses so maybe they live there. don't know where the older boy was at this time. I walked right past the shed and there was no one else around.
For those who expressed concern, the dog will be fine, but it could have been much worse - a small child could also have fallen and been cut badly.

karia
21-Apr-08, 18:45
I can't answer as to why they would do that. However i was just across the river and didn't see anyone else up there (beside the quoiting shed) as i was coming back I saw the two younger boys climbing over the fence and running across the park to the police houses so maybe they live there.

You think they live in the police houses?:eek:

All the more reason to report the incident I'd have thought.:confused