PDA

View Full Version : More Possible Woes For Drivers

brokencross
19-Apr-08, 16:05
Don't want to start a panic buying or hoarding stampede, but best to be aware.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7356235.stm

Stargazer
19-Apr-08, 16:29
Thanks for the heads up. I see one comment from the parent company says shut for at 'least a month'. By then I'll have saved enough for the next tankful.:lol:

EDDIE
20-Apr-08, 10:52
I think a lot of that news is scare mongrey and if its going to cause that much upset i reckon the armed forces will intervene and run it or someone will intervene but i dont think it will come to that.
But the workers have got a point about there pensions everyone should have the right to pay into a decent pension i think its prity dirty thing to do to change the pensions if u have been paying into it for years.
But only time will tell how much havic its going cause personally i couldnt care less

DeHaviLand
20-Apr-08, 11:45
I think a lot of that news is scare mongrey and if its going to cause that much upset i reckon the armed forces will intervene and run it or someone will intervene but i dont think it will come to that.
But the workers have got a point about there pensions everyone should have the right to pay into a decent pension i think its prity dirty thing to do to change the pensions if u have been paying into it for years.
But only time will tell how much havic its going cause personally i couldnt care less

Sorry Eddie, but I think you're gonna care a whole lot when theres no fuel to put in the trucks that stock Tescos shelves, no fuel for the trucks that take away your rubbish, and no fuel for the cars that take away our dead.
I think this is a bit more than scare-mongering, but whether we're left with a month long fuel shortage or not, I just dont know. The consequences of such an action would be little short of horrendous.

Lady In Bed
20-Apr-08, 12:09
Would the government allow this to happen? Could the scottish parliment be able to run, what with the drop in their expences? :roll:

EDDIE
20-Apr-08, 12:21
it just goes to show u how much we relie on oil and why its important to find an alternative.
And DeHaviLand honestly i dont care my job involves driving from site to site repairing stuff that means i wont be able to do my job if it goes on for a whole month lol good job my freezer is full better get a supply of fags in lol i dont think it will be allowed to get that far.I better remember not to fill up my work van up ths week what a shame i will not be able to do my work lol

I remember the last time it happened with the fuel blockade it was amazing the knock on effect it had in a very short time that only lasted a week

bobandag16
20-Apr-08, 12:28
Sorry Eddie, but I think you're gonna care a whole lot when theres no fuel to put in the trucks that stock Tescos shelves, no fuel for the trucks that take away your rubbish, and no fuel for the cars that take away our dead.
I think this is a bit more than scare-mongering, but whether we're left with a month long fuel shortage or not, I just dont know. The consequences of such an action would be little short of horrendous.
agree with you .as i first was like eddie. then it did matter. i would die in bed. no carer . no day care no hot meal no doctor no ambulance and i am one of the lucky ones.hundreds worst of.

mums angels
20-Apr-08, 12:36
Luckily my fuel lasts me a over a month anyway :) think i would fill up the hubbys car too thou just incase but i doubt it would be allowed to happen for as long as that .

EDDIE
20-Apr-08, 12:53
bobandag16 your absolutley correct it does matter

TBH
20-Apr-08, 15:32
Watch as the cost of your fuel goes sky high, will it come back down after the strike?