View Full Version : Chocolate Caramel Wafers

Anne x
19-Apr-08, 14:10
4ozs Butter
7ozs Condensed milk (half a reg tin )
2Tblsp Syrup
12ozs Chocolate
15 Original Ryvita Crispbreads

place butter milk and syrup in a saucepan very slowly bring to the boil once bubbling stir constantly for about 5mins or until pale caramel colour cool until warm not hot

melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water

To assemble spread thick layer of caramel on to a crispbread top with another then caramel and finish with a third crispbread
continue until all the caramel and crispbreads are used up
using a very sharp knife cut into size required usually end up with (5 whole dived into 3 )
giving you approx 15

Dip into Chocolate lay out on greaseproof paper to set

from the same source as Macaroon Bars

Buttercup
19-Apr-08, 19:41
Another GREAT recipe Anne! Throughly recommend everyone to try them. Made them this afternoon and just enjoying one now. You'd never guess that they're made with Rivitas! I did however cut each "rivita sandwich" into 6 rather than 3 as I felt they were rather big. :lol:

Anne x
19-Apr-08, 23:43
Another GREAT recipe Anne! Throughly recommend everyone to try them. Made them this afternoon and just enjoying one now. You'd never guess that they're made with Rivitas! I did however cut each "rivita sandwich" into 6 rather than 3 as I felt they were rather big. :lol:

thank you and for your kind words in pm
so glad you enjoyed
It is hard to believe that ryvitas can make these
wonderful things 5x3 was just a guideline
maybe I should change size in the original recipe
Ax

arana negra
24-Jul-08, 22:53
WOW I would never have thought of using ryvita in a recipe, sound like something new to try for visitors thanks.

arana negra
04-Aug-08, 09:46
Oh bother !!!! have not ben able to make them as yet !! the 2 local supermarkets don't have Ryvita will have to try next time in town. A supermarket there has what they call a 'gourmet shop' it sells HP suace, Heinz Baked Beans Colmans Mustard and lots of other weird things ... hopefully they will have some Ryvita :)