PDA

View Full Version : phone bills

quiteone
18-Apr-08, 17:12
just got my bt fonebill in. i switched to tiscali broadband in march, before that i was tiscali dial up. only usin internet at nite with the 1p a minute rate. but from jan til march i have been charged £143 for internet dial up. bt say its a tiscali issue and tiscali say i didnt have a dial up account and have given me several numbers thru several people which have got me back to the first number and no answers????? i have a funny feeling iv been ripped off by tiscali??? any one help???? or switched over recently????? :(

Poultney lad
18-Apr-08, 17:16
I am with bt and no hassle

mums angels
18-Apr-08, 17:17
just got my bt fonebill in. i switched to tiscali broadband in march, before that i was tiscali dial up. only usin internet at nite with the 1p a minute rate. but from jan til march i have been charged £143 for internet dial up. bt say its a tiscali issue and tiscali say i didnt have a dial up account and have given me several numbers thru several people which have got me back to the first number and no answers????? i have a funny feeling iv been ripped off by tiscali??? any one help???? or switched over recently????? :(

I left tiscali as i found them unhelpful and a rip off, now with BT broadband and got a good deal for first 6 months then it went up(which was expected) so now my year is up will be shopping about again myself ..

My phone bills are nearly £300 a quater :eek: including the broadband and line rental ..its the line rental thats a killer.

balto
18-Apr-08, 17:21
i pay bt for my line rental, aol 14.99 an month broadband plus they give me unlimited evening and weekend calls to local and national nuumbers, and i dont have to pay them an extra fee each month for my calls, doubt i will be going anywhere ever again.

quiteone
18-Apr-08, 17:43
ah i could o cryed when i got the bill in as i switched to broadband to save money. i think tiscali have accepted me for broadband and canceled my dial up without tellin me, thus costin me £143 and them gaining that money and making me feel i get a bargain broadband £6.99 for first 3 months then £11.99 for rest of yr!!! jus been ripped off i think!!!![mad] iv emailed them so waitin to hear wat they say. not happy cos i cant not pay the bt bill else il get cut off. so only winner in it all i see is tiscali...........................:~(

Buttercup
18-Apr-08, 17:59
Pay BT £31 per month DD for Broadband + line rental. All phone calls are with TalkTalk. Most of the folks I'm phoning are with TalkTalk so majority of my calls are free, rest amount to about £2.00 per month.:lol: Quite happy with the service I get (so far, anyway).

Cedric Farthsbottom III
18-Apr-08, 18:47
I'm with AOL for Broadband.BT for land line.Mobile for calls and alarm calls.Works for me.:lol:Tempted to go for BT with broadband though,but only tempted.

bluebell
19-Apr-08, 00:42
got my bill the highest one yet:mad:£142.19 there was 141 call to mobiles,theres going to be trouble ahead[evil]

twinkletoes
19-Apr-08, 07:00
I had the same problem with Tiscali when we switched over to BT Broadband Tiscali kept on sending me bills for a dial up connection I never knew I had in the end I just paid it it was worth it just to never hear from them again.

_Ju_
19-Apr-08, 07:56
I pay 20.00 a month to virgin, which includes free national calls to land lines and broadband (though I have been waiting for the wirless set for 6 months now....). My phone bill is just about that because I place all international calls ( and they are many) through skype absolutely for free (skype to skype). If you have the right set-up and your computer on all the time you don't need a phone company. You can just do all phoning on the computer.

Moonboots
19-Apr-08, 10:47

What i dont get is that. If you have been billed between jan and march for dialup at 1p per min rate then you must be surfing alot between those dates.

If this is the case then its your fault and not Tiscali. If you work out your bill then its only over 2 hrs a night. each night for 3 months will give you your price.

Your not being ripped off. You pay for what you use. its that simple.

Now since your on Broadband from March then you will only be paying your charge of the connection to Tiscali which is your £6.49 a month as long as your using an ADSL Modem and not connecting through dialup still....

SunsetSong
19-Apr-08, 12:25
Moonboots is right....remember a penny a minute seems quite good but those dial up charges can soon mount up and if you have logged on during the day then usually it costs more than the stated 1p a minute which is usually only evening and weekends.

Since you went onto Broadband make sure that your dial up modem is no longer attatched to the phone line. Some people make the mistake of not disconnecting it and as Broadband allows the phone line to be free for calls your dial up modem can still connect to the internet!!

Are all the numbers listed on your bill for the same number????
Its really important to check that as there could be dialler software that has been inadvertanty downloaded to the PC.

Get a fully itemised bill sent out to you....BT can do that and can give you a little extra time on the bill if you are in dispute particularly if you make a payment towards the rest of the bill you are not disputing. Also if you go to www.bt.com (http://www.bt.com) and sign up for dual billing you can see your most recent calls online there. I don't advocate online billing for something like the phone bill but it is useful to be able to see the cost of your calls as you are going along through a quarter....then nasty mobile charges made by teenage sons lol can be nipped in the bud straight away!!! lol

angela5
19-Apr-08, 18:21
After getting my phone bill and finding 241 mobile calls i have now set a pin number on the phone..:lol:

quiteone
19-Apr-08, 18:24
mmm i think obviously i am not stupid enough to be publicly putting blame on a company if it had of been my own fault. and no i havent been online that much.............and wat i also didnt say as i have a bt payment card and that some off the bill has already been paid pevoius to the bill coming out so it was slightly more than what was on the bill i received.it is not my fault and i have worked out my bill. if it was all down to me then i would not have a right to complain about it. i know u pay for what u use. u must think im stupid???
What i dont get is that. If you have been billed between jan and march for dialup at 1p per min rate then you must be surfing alot between those dates.

If this is the case then its your fault and not Tiscali. If you work out your bill then its only over 2 hrs a night. each night for 3 months will give you your price.

Your not being ripped off. You pay for what you use. its that simple.

Now since your on Broadband from March then you will only be paying your charge of the connection to Tiscali which is your £6.49 a month as long as your using an ADSL Modem and not connecting through dialup still....

sweetpea
19-Apr-08, 18:37
I got one for £236 tonight on the doormat when I got home.

the_count
19-Apr-08, 19:58
OMG yet another tiscali problem .... there's a shock. Used em and had nothing but problems and rip off bills i am now with virgin.... so huch better and no limits on bandwidth either ..... tiscali were about as much use as a wet paper bag, i would recommend everybody to stay away from them with all the problems i had with them. :roll: